ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MidnightHawk

Post by MidnightHawk » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:02 pm

Common Law & Equity wrote:What are you saying to this person, you think you can fool people all the time, what minority group are you talking about, you must have been making some animation foolings at all time, then you get expose again and again out of selfishness without applying basic concept of the law and become very defensive of your people all the time. Please allow freedom of speech and stop attacking this person because he/she does not share your apartheid views. :D
Everybody - this responder is actually angelcountry.

How one can "pretend" to be someone else and refer to themselves in the 3rd person can only be achieved by a special type of idiot.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:29 pm

angelcountry your such a .......... there is no point to change the name please change your mind.because we never meet any member in this forum but still we can findout who is good/bad .

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:08 pm

MidnightHawk wrote:
Common Law & Equity wrote:What are you saying to this person, you think you can fool people all the time, what minority group are you talking about, you must have been making some animation foolings at all time, then you get expose again and again out of selfishness without applying basic concept of the law and become very defensive of your people all the time. Please allow freedom of speech and stop attacking this person because he/she does not share your apartheid views. :D
Everybody - this responder is actually angelcountry.

How one can "pretend" to be someone else and refer to themselves in the 3rd person can only be achieved by a special type of idiot.
Absolutely bang on!
Its never too late

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:40 pm

its very quite here today.

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:17 pm

IQU wrote:its very quite here today.
Yes it is very quiet here, may be this is the indication of the storm of approvals.
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:30 pm

IQU wrote:how long its take to get citizenship acknowedlgment letter.is inis post through registered post or normal post
They send acknowledgment letter through normal/ordinary post.
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:35 pm

beady eye wrote:Any news guyz when r the new wave of applicnts near finish? its been v v quiet on that front for the past month. or was it just a show until nxt year? :(
NO No next year(hopefully). May be in next two weeks we would hear about CONs and then New wave of Approvals(hopefully).
PIKKA

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:44 pm

i am waiting for my acknowedlgment letter friend of mine got within 2 weeks.

biggerjosh

hi

Post by biggerjosh » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:28 am

just got my CON today by reg. post the time line is:
application sent- march 2011
acknowledgement received mid of May
Got approval on 14 June
Sent the yellow form on 1 July
Received CON 23 August
Thanks guys for all ur support by answering the queries,going to apply for the passport now.

wandererz

Update

Post by wandererz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:38 pm

A friend of mine received his yellow form today. He applied approx March 2009.

I rang today to check up on an another application.
It took about 25 calls and approx 15mins before getting through, then another 11mins on hold.

I was told that the application was in very stages as they are processing the early 2000's of year 2010 at present. My number is in the 3500's. So probably another 2+ months before they get there.

So, If your application number is around 2000 (i.e 68/2xxx/10) from 2010, then the good news is that they are probably commencing further processing now.
Last edited by wandererz on Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PIKKA

Re: hi

Post by PIKKA » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:41 pm

biggerjosh wrote:just got my CON today by reg. post the time line is:
application sent- march 2011
acknowledgement received mid of May
Got approval on 14 June
Sent the yellow form on 1 July
Received CON 23 August
Thanks guys for all ur support by answering the queries,going to apply for the passport now.
CONGRATULATIONS :D :D :D

At last the wait is over. CHEERS
PIKKA

xyazx

Re: Update

Post by xyazx » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:57 pm

when did you applied ?
wandererz wrote:A friend of mine received his yellow form today. He applied approx March 2009.

It took about 25 calls and approx 15mins before getting through, then another 11mins on hold.

I was told that the application was in very stages as they are processing the early 2000's of year 2010 at present. My number is in the 3500's. So probably another 2+ months before they get there.

So, If your application number is around 2000 (i.e 68/2xxx/10) from 2010, then the good news is that they are probably commencing further processing now.

wandererz

Post by wandererz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:01 pm

April 2010.

xyazx wrote:when did you applied ?
wandererz wrote:A friend of mine received his yellow form today. He applied approx March 2009.

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:07 pm

Well - I thought era of sending yellow form is OVER after minister introduced a formal civic ceremony? How would your friend still receiving that? Correct me if I understand otherwise...
Anyway congratulations 2 ur friend.

wandererz

Post by wandererz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:16 pm

I may be mistaken. Lets just say that he's received whatever it is that they send out now requesting payment, questionaire etc.

AUCK wrote:Well - I thought era of sending yellow form is OVER after minister introduced a formal civic ceremony? How would your friend still receiving that? Correct me if I understand otherwise...
Anyway congratulations 2 ur friend.
Last edited by wandererz on Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:30 pm

“Wandererzâ€

wandererz

Post by wandererz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:22 pm

@Auck: No probs :)

time2act
Newly Registered

Re: waiting times

Post by time2act » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:05 pm

time2act wrote:
PIKKA wrote:
teal wrote: I also spoke to my local TD and complained of how long I had been waiting to hear something. The TD took my details (ie. application number and name). That seems to have sped things up as I received my yellow form within 8 weeks of the phone call and meeting with my local TD.

As others have said, it often is the case that your file is sitting on someone's desk and it gets forgotten, until you make contact. Disgraceful, but true. I hope you hear something very soon...and it can't hurt to give them a ring and inquire about your file. Congratulations to your husband!
We have tried our local TD in Feb this year but not of any use.
But what you are saying about the file on the desk that is the case with my husband, INIS asked my husband in July 2009 to submit the copy of his Birth and Marriage Certs and we sent them but she said no the original Birth Cert, we sent them the original one, then she sent the acknowledgment letter but did not send back the original Birth Cert. I requested them twice to send back the original Birth Cert but every time she said they don't have the original one and they do not keep the original documents.
Now this year there were new requirements for the Irish Passport Application in which they are asking for the Birth Cert, and it is very difficult for us to have another Birth Cert, so I phoned INIS and inquired about the Birth Cert and this time again she said they don't have that, But when I recall the dates and letters of 2009 then she said OK I will check the file if the Cert is here I would post it to you. And at last they sent back the Cert and after that call every time when I called INIS they said 'the file is in Minister's office', so they dusted the file while checking for Birth Cert.
Pretty much the same for me...I think our case are copies of each other.....I asked my local TD about my citizenship concerns in Feb and it didn't help. I was asked for the Birth Cert in Feb 2011 and I send them the original so that they couldn't find any more fault....on enquiry over the helpline they said that they didn't recieve my documents for atleast next 1 month.

Then I send them the registered post reciept with the name of the reciever from INIS stating that it has been recieved the very next day by INIS and resend the copy of the send documents. On enquiry after a few days they suggest that they have found the document and will shortly be sending on the originals which I received in a few days time.

After that it has been quite....they are saying that file is with minister from June end and the minister is on holidays

Guys I received my approval today :D
It came in post just after lunch time,

My Timeline is,
Applied: Sep 2008,
Acknw Recieved: Sep 2008,
Request for P21 and Payslips: June 2010
Documents Send : June 2010
Request for Birth Cert: Feb 2011
Birth Cert Sent: March 2011
File Went to Minister: June 2011
Approval Recieved: 23rd August 2011

So in total 35 Months wait....just under 3 years and if I include the time for the Ceremony and the CON it is 3 years complete :shock:

The ceremony date is 29th or 30th Sep in Cathal Brugha Barracks, Rathmines, Dublin 6 :)

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:07 pm

time2act wrote: Guys I received my approval today :D

My Timeline is,

So in total 35 Months wait....just under 3 years and if I include the time for the Ceremony and the CON it is 3 years complete :shock:

The ceremony date is 29th or 30th Sep in Cathal Brugha Barracks, Rathmines, Dublin 6 :)
CONGRATULATIONS. Fantastic News. So the train has started to move. :D
Have you received the Yellow Form or invitation or Fee to pay and then invitation?
Last edited by PIKKA on Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:10 pm

CONGRATULATIONS to your friend
And don't worry about the first 2000 you could be in them because its a RANDOM game.
PIKKA

time2act
Newly Registered

Post by time2act » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:34 pm

PIKKA wrote:

My Timeline is,

Have you received the Yellow Form or invitation or Fee to pay and then invitation?
I got the request to pay the fee and documents. Along came an form with two dates to choose for ceremony(1 arrow 2 targets). It is required to fill up this form and send them along with all other things requested above before 29th August to comfirm my availablity.

The train is moving...though slow...but I think to everybody on the train would be dropped off to there destination sooner or later :) and by the current way I think sooner....your time will soon come PIKKA ;)

time2act
Newly Registered

Post by time2act » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:36 pm

time2act wrote:
PIKKA wrote:

My Timeline is,

I got the request to pay the fee and documents. Along came an form with two dates to choose for ceremony(1 arrow 2 targets). It is required to fill up this form and send them along with all other things requested above before 29th August to comfirm my availablity.

The train is moving...though slow...but I think to everybody on the train would be dropped off to there destination sooner or later :) and by the current way I think sooner....your time will soon come PIKKA ;)

Ohh one more thing...this time a question....I have to go out of country in OCT first week and would have submitted my Garda Card to DOJ....would it not cause any problems in reentry to Ireland??

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:54 pm

time2act wrote: Ohh one more thing...this time a question....I have to go out of country in OCT first week and would have submitted my Garda Card to DOJ....would it not cause any problems in reentry to Ireland??
For you I have this quote of one of our lovely Well wisher:
Marisa wrote:Hi everyone, just a very quick update for those who is about to travel and not in a posession of GNIB card anymore
IRISH PHAROE: I just had a great conversation with a lovely lady from Immigration and Passport control in Dublin Airport. She reassured me, gave me her name and put my name on the list (apparently, there is already a list :shock: ).

What you need to do before you go:

1. Call (01) 6664968
2. Have your GNIB card number at hand, she will put it down.
3. Make copies of all related documentation (GNIB etc.)

Hope this helps.
I would like to ask you a question, are you from Dublin or any other county?
Last edited by PIKKA on Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PIKKA

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:05 pm

my mate got his approval today...............wohhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ribak
Newly Registered

Post by ribak » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Hi guys!

Got an approbal today!!!! Woohoo!!!

My timeline is as follow:

Applied: March 2009
Aprroval: dated by 10th of August 2011

Got the letter today, on 23rd

Last week I called to DOJ and one of the ladies said that my file at the minister office, give it another 2-3 monts :) while the decision has already been made

Good luck to everyone!

PS: no additional docs have been requested