ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Statutory Sick Pay

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dylan

Statutory Sick Pay

Post by dylan » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:51 pm

I was not well for 6 weeks and my employer is going to pay me my 'statutory sick pay' for those 6 weeks that I could not work. I am on Tier 1 General visa and I was wondering whether statutory sick pay comes under public funds. Because on my visa it says 'No recourse to public funds.'

I tried UKBA and direct.gov.uk websites but I can not find a proper clarification. I would be so grateful if you can share your knowledge on this matter. :wink:

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:57 pm

It's not part of public funds.

dylan

Post by dylan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:31 pm

Lucapooka wrote:It's not part of public funds.
Thank you for the reply. :) Could you please tell me where I can find this information online such as a web link or a document?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:07 pm

dylan

Post by dylan » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Thank you for the link. I see the explanation of public funds. But they have not clarified 'Statutory Sick Pay' (SSP) under the benefits that do not count as public funds. Does SSP come under a different benefit or does it have another name? This might sound stupid but please do help me to get this 100% because I do not want to do anything illegal at all.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:48 pm

Everything that is a public fund is listed. There is also a short list of obvious benefits that are not classed as public funds but this is by no means complete and comprehensive. They do it like this as otherwise listing everything that is available in a country with an advance welfare system, but is not a public fund, would perhaps be the longest list in the world! Do you see sick pay on the list of what is classed as public funds?

dylan

Post by dylan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:04 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Everything that is a public fund is listed. There is also a short list of obvious benefits that are not classed as public funds but this is by no means complete and comprehensive. They do it like this as otherwise listing everything that is available in a country with an advance welfare system, but is not a public fund, would perhaps be the longest list in the world! Do you see sick pay on the list of what is classed as public funds?
Thanks for the reply. I was away and sorry about the slow reply. I see your point. I am just too concerned about these things because not knowing the law is not an excuse to do something illegal.