ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COS and changhing PSW to Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

virgos143

COS and changhing PSW to Tier 2

Post by virgos143 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:27 pm

Hi guys... really in need of some guidance and help... My current visa status is post study work which expires in 23rd of October. I have been working with my current employer since January 2011 and have a salary of 23,500 As i am switching fro PSW to Tier 2 and have a salary of 23500 and working for more than 6 motnhs i will not require any resident labour market test and this will give enough points to gain 70 including the maintenance and language. However the problem is my employer is not currently on the list of approved employers and have just applied on 29th of July 2011. This gives roughly 2 and half months to get the company in UKBA list and get an unrestricted COS for myself. I was wandering if the time of 2 and half months is sufficient to get the COS and apply for my visa switch.

Another query was apparently the companies need to apply for the unrestricted COS through the SMS system, do the company have to ask for a number of unrestricted COS in the beginning of the application and do UKBA have a panel each month to decide upon this . A guidance and help would be really helpful on this.

Searched through the forum and have found out the unrestreicted COS is instant but is that for the company who have already been allocated the COS?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:43 am

ask your company to apply for licence NOW!!!

you never know how long it would take them to get registered

cheers

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:51 am

Agree with Arsenal.. Ask them to apply ASAP. It usually takes 1.5 months to process the application. (If you make a mistake you're pretty much done) Can't believe you left it till the last minute.

My gut feeling is you might have not much time. But if you're lucky and company reacts to the situation and applies now you may have a chance.

Good luck man.

virgos143

Post by virgos143 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:11 pm

Thanks guys,

Like i said they applied on the 29th July 2011... submitting all the docuemnt wednesday ... i really am being optimistic now hoping the application will be processed ASAP and it will be done by the the october... when i was going through the forum there was some members who said they applied for the visa without the COS number do you think this is a good idea??

If the deadline does pass and i have to go back :(.... do they need to do the resident labout market test and employ me in that way ????

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:44 pm

virgos143 wrote:Thanks guys,

Like i said they applied on the 29th July 2011... submitting all the docuemnt wednesday ... i really am being optimistic now hoping the application will be processed ASAP and it will be done by the the october... when i was going through the forum there was some members who said they applied for the visa without the COS number do you think this is a good idea??

If the deadline does pass and i have to go back :(.... do they need to do the resident labout market test and employ me in that way ????
If you apply without a COS your application will be refused. I know some members done that to buy time but I don't think its a good idea tbh.

If you have to go back home then it gets even complicated cause there is a limit and your company has to get a "Restricted COS"

Maybe see a solicitor and see :roll: It's your fault that you kept this till last minute mate. I'm sorry//

virgos143

Post by virgos143 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:34 pm

thanks madona 587 for the advise

i will go see a solicitor definitely ..... think i have dug my own grave :(... tbh ive been telling my company since april and theyve only acted now arghhhh... any chance you have any clue of how does the restricted COS works???? ... really appreciate your reply

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:44 pm

virgos143 wrote:thanks madona 587 for the advise

i will go see a solicitor definitely ..... think i have dug my own grave :(... tbh ive been telling my company since april and theyve only acted now arghhhh... any chance you have any clue of how does the restricted COS works???? ... really appreciate your reply
It applies only if you do a out of country application.

Anyway don't lose hope ! Go see a solicitor immediately ! Maybe your company can contact UKBA and explain the situation. They might help you. You never know mate. Don't lose your hope :D

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:05 pm

Just Read your initial post again/

If your company applied on 27th July you have 2.5 Months which should be enough. Just pray that they have done the documentations correctly. You can ask your company to call UKBA and intouch with them in case there is a problem with your documentations they might let you send the additional docs without refusing your application overall, If they do then you have little chance. (Doing a new application takes more time)

Just pray it works out correctly :)

virgos143

Post by virgos143 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:06 pm

Thanks Madona582.... will keep the forum updated... hope other people will learn from my experience... btw a long shot but do you know any good solicitor???

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:16 pm

virgos143 wrote:Thanks Madona582.... will keep the forum updated... hope other people will learn from my experience... btw a long shot but do you know any good solicitor???
Cool. I PM'D you my Solicitors details. He is pretty good :D But I will let you make your own decision.

virgos143

Post by virgos143 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:26 pm

Received your PM thanks for your help really appreciate it

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:33 pm

virgos143 wrote:Received your PM thanks for your help really appreciate it
Good luck mate. I pray god that you get your License very soon. Do keep us updated. Remember mate.. There is always a way :wink:

virgos143

Post by virgos143 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:15 pm

Just a quick update on my status...... my employer did apply to register itself on UKBA but unfortunately could not provide all the documents within the 14 day limit set by UKBA once the online application is submmitted .... now im on a really thin boat of what will be my options ahead... my employer is saying they should submit it by tuesday the 23rd of August which leaves me exactly 2 months before my visa expires.... i think i might have to go theough the route of applying with a COS pending which i guess allows me to wait till the end day when my visa to expires to apply and buy me some time to sort things out here. I was wandering by doing so will i be class as an overstayer and if they refuse me will this affect my future application from back home????

My other query was the SOC code ... was reading through the forum and people have had problems with there code .... my job title currently is Engineer however my contract letter says its CIvil egnineer does that mean my code is SOC 2121?? my salary currently is 23500 . Any guidance would be much much appreciated..... 2 months of sleepless nights awaits for me :( http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ew=Binary) URL link for UKBA SOC codes for construction

coolkat
Newly Registered

Post by coolkat » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:34 am

i wouldnot recommend doing this but i was exactly in the same position as you are about 2 years ago. I went to home before 1 month of my visa expiry and i gave my employer all details for sponsorship but they forgot about that and when i came back, i was shocked that nothing was done and my visa was expiring. I applied on last day with the Sponsorship reference number in place of COS. this bought me some time and it took like 20 days to get to biometrics stage. I was really panicking and went for biometrics. next day of biometrics, i recieved my COS and then i mailed UKBA a change of circumstances form and explained that instead of COS, i put in Sponsorship reference number. I didnt hear anything for 1 week and then.. i recieved my card. no questions. that was the luckiest day for me.

virgos143

Post by virgos143 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:53 pm

thnks for sharing your experience hopeffully it will work for me as well.... as i do not want to go back and do all the rlmt and ask the company to re-hire me ... dont even know if they want to do that...I guess all your problems are sorted now ..... i would be grateful if someone could answer my queries on my post befre

" Just a quick update on my status...... my employer did apply to register itself on UKBA but unfortunately could not provide all the documents within the 14 day limit set by UKBA once the online application is submmitted .... now im on a really thin boat of what will be my options ahead... my employer is saying they should submit it by tuesday the 23rd of August which leaves me exactly 2 months before my visa expires.... i think i might have to go theough the route of applying with a COS pending which i guess allows me to wait till the end day when my visa to expires to apply and buy me some time to sort things out here. I was wandering by doing so will i be class as an overstayer and if they refuse me will this affect my future application from back home????

My other query was the SOC code ... was reading through the forum and people have had problems with there code .... my job title currently is Engineer however my contract letter says its CIvil egnineer does that mean my code is SOC 2121?? my salary currently is 23500 . Any guidance would be much much appreciated..... 2 months of sleepless nights awaits for me http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ew=Binary) URL link for UKBA SOC codes for construction"

Thnks

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:23 pm

If you go back there is a annual limit/ Thats the biggest problem.

Your company can't provide 4 documents within 14 days ? Thats just absurd..They probably screwed you over my friend.. Most companies don't give a damn. Unless of course they really need you.

Why not try registering again and try and send the documents ASAP ? Remember if you request a COS initially at the time of registration and if the registration becomes successful they will allocate you the cos. So they can assign it to you instantly.. My company registration failed 3 times due to not sending the correct documents. But the 4th time got registered within a week of sending the documents. They told is "Decision was made based on your previous applications"

Remember my friend HOPE IS A GOOD THING.

Keep trying. Don't waste anymore time.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:46 pm

1. Bank Accounts + letter from bank manager (Should take few days)
2. Lease of company premises (Easiest document to get hold of)
3. Employers Liability Insurance (Every company has this)
4. Audited accounts (Every company audits accounts every year. You can send the latest one. If the latest one is 2009 its not a problem as long as its the latest one)
5. VAT Registration (Almost all companies have this.. Throw this in to make your registration more stronger incase they reject one of the documents they can use this as a substitute (Not mandatory documents though)

Your HR department should be able to get hold of these documents very easily.

bastagol
Newly Registered

Post by bastagol » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:29 pm

what code have you used SOC 2121?

virgos143

Post by virgos143 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:56 pm

THnaks Madona.... i know they were waiting for a document from HMRC i gave a right go at them last week and finally they are using the doucuments you mentioned... they are also writing a covering letter and like you said i have asked them to ask fro a COS straight away... Really appreciate you advise....

The SOC 2121 is for Civil Engineer if i am not worng... my job title is engineer however but my job offer contract it is Civil engineer. Isnt this the code to use ..????

virgos143

Post by virgos143 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:56 pm

A quick update again.... my company had finally managed to apply for the sponsor registration hopefully it will come soon...

spoke to some lawyers and they say if everything is in place takes 4 -6 weeks so it is still in time otherwise have advise to me apply without a COS and if I get rejected apply again hwoever i will be class as a overstayer.. apparently they have done this a lot before and 90% of the time you get the visa finger crossed i dont need to go that far

I do have anotheer query with regards to COS assignment .... as my visa expires on 22/10/2011... when should the COS date be assigned for. FOr example the registration is completed on the 15/10/11 when should the COS date be assigned ???