ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW Information

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zafarzafar80

PSW Information

Post by zafarzafar80 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:30 am

Dear All,
I am posting this question on behalf of my brother who intended to complete his MBA in September 2011 from portsmouth university. As you all know the university issue a transcript as soon as the result is declared but the degree takes couple of months to be issued.

My question is: Could he apply for his PSW on the bases of his transcript and a confirmation letter issued by the university of the completion of his MBA ?

My second question is: When is the last date to apply for PSW, i heard the Home Office is going to finish the PSW scheme ?

OR any other advise would be greatly appreciated ?

Thanks in Advance and Best Regards,

waldo3002

Post by waldo3002 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Answer to your first question:

Yes he can apply as long as he has been awarded a result. If the degree certificate has not been issued then this needs to be stated in the letter that you request from the university. Please see the link below for the details of what the letter should contain, scroll down to the 'Extra Information' heading:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... stitution/

Answer to your second question:

PSW will end in April 2012 so he should ideally apply before then.

Hope this helps

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:04 pm

Thanks waldo3002 for the useful information