ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alexandrette
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: EEA2 Timeline

Post by alexandrette » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:56 am

86ti wrote:
alexandrette wrote:
86ti wrote:
alexandrette wrote:When do you think I should get mine?
It's is really pointless to speculate when that would be esp. without knowing the inner workings of the Liverpool team. Reported timelines given here can only be rough estimates. There are probably many reasons why individual applications take longer than others even if they seem straightforward. Legally, the UKBA has six months time to finalise an application. You do not have an entitlement to receive the RC earlier.
I guess you have read the rest of my post, right???
I provided my answer as an advice to the general readership on this forum. You do not have to take everything personal.

Can you please stop using excessive punctuation as per the T&Cs.
I am not taking "everything" personal. Somebody used part of my post as a quotation which would mean completely something else itself. As I am the owner of that quotation I guess I have a right to explain or refer what I actually meant whatever the reason of you using that quotation.

Second I absolutely meant what you have written in your post and I meant it for the general leadership on this forum as somebody predicts someone else's application timeline which is wrong.

That was the reason I felt like I was in need of confirmation that actually somebody who is using a quotation from my post and making comments on it have understood what I meant or read the whole thing.

Otherwise it is something paraphrased and presented once again.

Thanks

brokenbeat
Newly Registered

Post by brokenbeat » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:14 pm

I think as a collective, we need to relax a bit and sit back and let what we cannot control happen on it's own. I can understand the frustration in seeing someone receive their RC before you after having applied for it before them, but come on, we're all aware that in extreme cases it can take up to six months and at average it will take 3 months to the day to receive it. Every residence card is issued on a case by case basis, not necessarily in chronological order around the date the packet was received (as we've clearly seen through the discrepancy of issue dates vs. date packet has been received at the home office). Coming on here to complain when you're still waiting only about 3 months is not only counterproductive but it is stressing yourself and others out.

So my advice, stop thinking about it. I sent mine off June 10th and I've given myself a date of November 1st to even begin worrying (4.5 months later). Anything before then is right within the realms of possibility so I won't even allow myself to get worked up over it. I suggest some of you do the same.

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.â€

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:09 pm

[quote="brokenbeat"]I think as a collective, we need to relax a bit and sit back and let what we cannot control happen on it's own. I can understand the frustration in seeing someone receive their RC before you after having applied for it before them, but come on, we're all aware that in extreme cases it can take up to six months and at average it will take 3 months to the day to receive it. Every residence card is issued on a case by case basis, not necessarily in chronological order around the date the packet was received (as we've clearly seen through the discrepancy of issue dates vs. date packet has been received at the home office). Coming on here to complain when you're still waiting only about 3 months is not only counterproductive but it is stressing yourself and others out.

So my advice, stop thinking about it. I sent mine off June 10th and I've given myself a date of November 1st to even begin worrying (4.5 months later). Anything before then is right within the realms of possibility so I won't even allow myself to get worked up over it. I suggest some of you do the same.

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.â€

berber

Post by berber » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:43 pm

[quote="imraniqbal2010"][quote="brokenbeat"]I think as a collective, we need to relax a bit and sit back and let what we cannot control happen on it's own. I can understand the frustration in seeing someone receive their RC before you after having applied for it before them, but come on, we're all aware that in extreme cases it can take up to six months and at average it will take 3 months to the day to receive it. Every residence card is issued on a case by case basis, not necessarily in chronological order around the date the packet was received (as we've clearly seen through the discrepancy of issue dates vs. date packet has been received at the home office). Coming on here to complain when you're still waiting only about 3 months is not only counterproductive but it is stressing yourself and others out.

Time Scale:

01/06/2011----------EEA2 appl Received by H O
27/06/2011----------CoA issued
14/07/2011----------CoA arrived
29/09/2011 ----------Rc arrived

I applied under EU law my wife German EU Treaty Rights.

dotsystem
Nigeria

Post by dotsystem » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:11 pm

Ken G wrote:[quote="dotsystemPls did you mean you sent your application without yours or eea passport, or both, and they didnt request for it. Thank you
I sent it without my passport as i didnt have one. My spouse's passport was requested as part of covering letter and they sent it back with the COA.[/quote]

Thanks for replying.

abyss201
Newly Registered

Post by abyss201 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:38 pm

alexandrette wrote:Hey there!

I have a question . I want to request my partners passport and actually I called home office for that and they asked if my partner was with me so that they could speak to him as he is the owner of the passport. I was not ready for this as i didnt know because my partner went to his country for a week to see his family with his id.

Well the reason i requested it is to see if that would help the application to be processed any faster as its been almost 3 months now.

Is there anybody with the same experience when they requested their EEA spouses'/partners' passports or id cards? Did home office ask the same thing?

My partner is ready to ask for it and we would be grateful if you could share your experiences or knowledge about the way to ask for it.

Thanks
Same case with me. My partner had to call as they would not take request from me. She recd after requesting for 2nd time after 10days of 1st request. still waiting for my RC.

abyss201
Newly Registered

Post by abyss201 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:41 pm

berber wrote:Still waiting nothing come up

yr case is same as me with same dates. am waiting for RC too...lets hope for best

shakesy
Newly Registered

Post by shakesy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:45 pm

Timeline and question:

(Married, partner is freelancer - part year employed, part year self employed.)

12 March 2011 - Sent EEA2 Application

1 April 2011 - Application Returned
Requested proof of EEA partner exercising Treaty Rights/working (payment of HMRC and NI, paychecks)

29 June 2011 - New EEA2 Application, included EEA 2's HMRC self assessment, NI insurance payments, pay stubs, invoices, accountant's letter, and personal docs

20 July - COA

27 July - Had requested passports back for possible travel, received both.
(Did not actually travel - but needed mine for banking purposes, and partner's for travel and renewal.)

11 Aug - Letter asking to have applicant's passport returned so that application may be considered.*

XX XXX - Waiting on my RC...

* this letter did not confirm acceptance of the application, nor did it ask for any other paperwork. [i] Has anyone had a letter like this just before approval - one that doesn't confirm an acceptance? Or did they just not scan and process the passport before they sent it back to me. If you've had a letter like this, were you accepted shortly after - or a long wait?
[/i]
Just curious. I assumed if they needed more evidence or the application wasn't going well they would have requested papers as well as the passport. Fingers crossed!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:35 am

11 Aug - Letter asking to have applicant's passport returned so that application may be considered.*
This usually means an approval. Sometimes they ask the non EEA national passport back to put the vignette in it instead of issuing it on a piece of A4.
Send the passport back with a self addressed special delivery envelope and you would probably get the passport back in 2 weeks with the Residence Card in it.

berber

Post by berber » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:08 am

if you keep your passport more than i think 2 weeks check that in theire web site will take longer because it will return to the position one.
Time Scale:

Ken G
Newly Registered

Post by Ken G » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:26 am

berber wrote:if you keep your passport more than i think 2 weeks check that in theire web site will take longer because it will return to the position one.
Berber,there is no such thing like this. A letter requesting passports normally gives 21 days or otherwise. After that time, they may still consider it but they will not impose a penalty such as back to stage one. If the passports are not submitted on time, they will send all documents back assuming you do not wish to proceed with the application. Please post a link to substantiate your claim if you have reliable sorce.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:29 am

The reliable source is that I had already confirmed with EEA inquiry line and they said you can keep your passports or ids back with you as long as you want,The case worker will request you in writing a letter to send your passport in case if they need it.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:29 am

& it does not affect the process of the application.

Ken G
Newly Registered

Post by Ken G » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:52 am

imraniqbal2010 wrote:The reliable source is that I had already confirmed with EEA inquiry line and they said you can keep your passports or ids back with you as long as you want,The case worker will request you in writing a letter to send your passport in case if they need it.
Not sure if you are replying to my post or not. The OP clearly stated that keeping passports for more than 2 weeks after it has been requested will result in case being set to stage 1. My responce deals with that in its entirety and i asked Berber for posting a link to the source of his/her claim.

berber

Post by berber » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:40 pm

Ken G wrote:
imraniqbal2010 wrote:The reliable source is that I had already confirmed with EEA inquiry line and they said you can keep your passports or ids back with you as long as you want,The case worker will request you in writing a letter to send your passport in case if they need it.
Not sure if you are replying to my post or not. The OP clearly stated that keeping passports for more than 2 weeks after it has been requested will result in case being set to stage 1. My responce deals with that in its entirety and i asked Berber for posting a link to the source of his/her claim.
going back to position one dosen't mean rejection! it mean if you kepet your passport more then certain time your application wont remain the same position in the waiting list. i will post the link as soon as i have access to the computer as now i am with mobile.
Time Scale:

shakesy
Newly Registered

Post by shakesy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:33 pm

[quote]
11 Aug - Letter asking to have applicant's passport returned so that application may be considered.* [/quote]

Fear not - I sent the passport back that very day - with a large enough return of post envelope for all my documents. I'm an optimist, and I like to have all my bases covered! I hope they did ask for it for the stamp, but I definitely won't assume anything.

Thanks!

cassandra7
Newly Registered

Post by cassandra7 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:14 am

Sent on 27/05/2011,
Received back on 16/06/2011, asking for valid passport.
Sent again on 23/06/2011,
COA received on 08/08/2011, dated 22/07/2011.
Hoping for BEST :D 8)

mcclane

Post by mcclane » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Me and my EU citizen wife both full time employed by same employer more than 3 years and application sent 07/07/2011 coa received dated 18/07/2011 and that's it. nothing else since then. dont know what they are looking for...

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:32 pm

berber wrote:going back to position one dosen't mean rejection! it mean if you kepet your passport more then certain time your application wont remain the same position in the waiting list. i will post the link as soon as i have access to the computer as now i am with mobile.

Berber, we are still waiting for that link you mentioned.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:51 pm

86ti wrote:
alexandrette wrote:When do you think I should get mine?
It's is really pointless to speculate when that would be esp. without knowing the inner workings of the Liverpool team. Reported timelines given here can only be rough estimates. There are probably many reasons why individual applications take longer than others even if they seem straightforward. Legally, the UKBA has six months time to finalise an application. You do not have an entitlement to receive the RC earlier.
You are right, i know of someone who applied 07/march/2011 and he is still waiting!
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:54 pm

mcclane wrote:Me and my EU citizen wife both full time employed by same employer more than 3 years and application sent 07/07/2011 coa received dated 18/07/2011 and that's it. nothing else since then. dont know what they are looking for...
You are in the queue like everybody else.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:54 pm

86ti wrote:
mcclane wrote:Me and my EU citizen wife both full time employed by same employer more than 3 years and application sent 07/07/2011 coa received dated 18/07/2011 and that's it. nothing else since then. dont know what they are looking for...
You are in the queue like everybody else.

Actually, there is no queu as such As I applied in june and already got my RC.I don't know which way they deal but seems they just pick up any and can process it.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:10 pm

imraniqbal2010 wrote:Actually, there is no queu as such As I applied in june and already got my RC.I don't know which way they deal but seems they just pick up any and can process it.
There are many case-workers working on applications at different speeds so there are actually multiple queues. The input from a senior case worker may be needed (may be another queue). There may be dedicated queues. There may be circumstances when a particular application needs further scrutiny and thus is delayed (applications may not be as straightforward as people want to believe). Feedback from the outside may be needed which is most likely outside the control of the UKBA, etc. etc. All speculation but maybe you can see now why applications received the same day can be finalised at very different times. As has been said earlier relying on timelines given here is not a particular clever idea.

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:16 pm

86ti wrote:
imraniqbal2010 wrote:Actually, there is no queu as such As I applied in june and already got my RC.I don't know which way they deal but seems they just pick up any and can process it.
There are many case-workers working on applications at different speeds so there are actually multiple queues. The input from a senior case worker may be needed (may be another queue). There may be dedicated queues. There may be circumstances when a particular application needs further scrutiny and thus is delayed (applications may not be as straightforward as people want to believe). Feedback from the outside may be needed which is most likely outside the control of the UKBA, etc. etc. All speculation but maybe you can see now why applications received the same day can be finalised at very different times. As has been said earlier relying on timelines given here is not a particular clever idea.[/quote

jaskamalman
Newly Registered

Under EEA2 or Zambrano case?

Post by jaskamalman » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:49 pm

what is difference between applying under EEA2 or Zambrano case?