ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

timefactor, cosmopol, melyni!!!!! extremely urgent!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raj

timefactor, cosmopol, melyni!!!!! extremely urgent!!!

Post by raj » Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:55 pm

please help to let me know as i am abt to submit the HSMP application

how to calculate the salary for earning points

My compensation letter have 3 parts

part 1 is monthly salary
part 2 is annual benfits
part 3 is total annual salary ( Sum of part 1 * 12 + part 2)

annual benifits includes Providend funds, Medical premium, Superannuation and other allowance.

MY Tax deduction certificate only shows the earned salary i.e. part 1 of the compensation letter. it doesn't show the benfits earned during the year.Although the earning from Provided fund and medical premium has not been inclued in total salary shown in tax deduction certificate but Providend Fund and Medical primium have been shown there for the purpose of getting tax rebate.

Superannuation and other allowance has not been shown in tax deduction certificate as this income is neither taxable nor we can get the tax rebate from these income.

please suggest can I claim the points based on the annual gross salary i.e. part 3, as shown in my compensation letter.

-Raj
no matter how thin u slice the cheese, it still has two sides....let's now try to view my from side....
------------------------RAJ------------------------------

Cosmopol
Member of Standing

Post by Cosmopol » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:12 pm

You could certainly try and go for the maximum number of points that seems justified to you; keep in mind that there is a general rule that only taxable declared income counts towards points. They will also not count future income that is not vetted, so to speak, e.g. company stock and other awards that have only potential value, subject to stock price at the sale time, and subject to your continued employment with the company (deferred compensation). If you do include income that wasn't taxed, make sure you detail everything well, so if they have to disagree with your points assessment, they will lower your score, but not reject the entire "salary" claim.

Ajay Kumar Singh

Post by Ajay Kumar Singh » Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:13 pm

Are you alone in this world ?
Most of people get salary in this format, nothing new or special.

Add every part(s) (+ 12% PF contribution of ur employer) of your salary and that would be your annual salary/Past 1 year earning.

Attach your Appointment letter or salary breakup sheet.
And on one paper of sheet put all parts of your salary + 12% employer contribution and add them all and show that your past 1 year earning.

Somewhere in the past i have given how to explain the past 1 year earning in details. try to find out, if u want i'll send you by e-mail.

Ajay

raj

Post by raj » Sun Jul 11, 2004 10:36 pm

Hi ajayxyz,

I would be thankful if you could send me the how to explain the earning details at arian_25_77@yahoo.com

-Raj
no matter how thin u slice the cheese, it still has two sides....let's now try to view my from side....
------------------------RAJ------------------------------