ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation & employment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

neilroy

naturalisation & employment

Post by neilroy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:00 pm

Hi,
My wife will be joining a new job exactly one week after the application is submitted. As per Section 4 of AN form which employer name should she be putting in old or the new and how do we find out tax office reference or address of tax office...
Regards

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:53 pm

As the information on the form relates to the present day, I think your wife should enter the present employer's details on the form - assuming that she will still be employed by them on the day she sends the form off, and won't be between jobs. There wouldn't be any harm in a covering note explaining she's moving from one job to the other, and the date it's happening.
I haven't had a payslip for so long that I can't remember what details appear on it, but isn't the tax reference on there somewhere?
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:52 pm

I think your wife should enter the present employer's details on the form - assuming that she will still be employed by them on the day she sends the form off
I agree, and would add that this really is not a problem. I say that because if IND do examine the HMRC computer system ... as they are entitled to ... see the declaration that needs to be signed on the form AN(NEW) .... they can find the record either via the employer's PAYE reference, or the person's National Insurance number.

That computer system will undoubtedly confirm that Neilroy's wife was employed where she said, on the date of application, even if on the date they peruse the HMRC computer system it goes on to report a new employer.

This is simply not a problem.
John

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:47 am

I'm sure it's right that it won't be a problem. But if it's going to worry you, could you defer your application for a week or two until she starts her new job?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:38 pm

Absolutely no need to delay. Look at it this way. Being employed or economically active is not a condition of being granted Naturalisation. That is, someone could come to the UK and be, say, a housewife (or house-husband) and never work in the UK at all. That would not stop them being Naturalised ... even if they have no NINO and or HMRC record at all.

But entering the current employer's name and PAYE tax reference needs to be done .... and as already said .... if IND do check out the HMRC computer system, the entries on the form will check out.
John

neilroy

Post by neilroy » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:52 am

Thanks for the all the support. Just one more thing where do i find out the tax refernce...as the only thing i can see in the payslip is a tax code. It also says may be the tax office address...do i need to find out from HR or i can find it online.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:27 am

Neilroy, have HMRC sent a Notice of Coding to your wife, telling her of her tax code? If so the reference will be on that.

You cannot determined the tax reference online. But are you sure that the tax reference is not on payslips? Or on the form P60 for the year to 5th April 2006? Indeed it is a requirement for it to be quoted on a form P60.

If not, or your wife joined her current employer after 5th April 2006, she should indeed ask the HR department at her current employer for their PAYE reference, and also the name and address of the relevant tax office.
John