ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent extention question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zlat.lena
Newly Registered

Tier 1 dependent extention question

Post by zlat.lena » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:57 am

Could anybody advice if according to new points I need to prove my knowledge of English? It says that the main tier 1 holder doesn’t have to as he proved it before but I never had to….Thanks

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 dependent extention question

Post by mk357 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:57 pm

zlat.lena wrote:Could anybody advice if according to new points I need to prove my knowledge of English? It says that the main tier 1 holder doesn’t have to as he proved it before but I never had to….Thanks
Did you submit your degree taught in English, to show your English language competance? If that is the case then you don't have to show it again for the extension but might need it for the ILR or Nationality, depending on your initial visa type.

zlat.lena
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 dependent extention question

Post by zlat.lena » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:05 pm

[quote="mk357"][quote="zlat.lena"]Could anybody advice if according to new points I need to prove my knowledge of English? It says that the main tier 1 holder doesn’t have to as he proved it before but I never had to….Thanks[/quote]

Did you submit your degree taught in English, to show your English language competance? If that is the case then you don't have to show it again for the extension but might need it for the ILR or Nationality, depending on your initial visa type.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply
The matter is that I am dependent of a tier 1 and for getting that visa they never asked to prove my English; they only asked my husband who is the main holder of tier 1. But now we need to extend our visas and I am sure that my husband doesn’t need any prove but may be I need to have it now as I never have been asked before???