ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Genuine marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bobby12321
Newly Registered

Genuine marriage

Post by bobby12321 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:02 pm

HI,
I was wondering if somebody could help me as my wife is applying for a spouse visa to come to the uk.

I am worried that the ECO in Pakistan will be suspicious that my marriage might be fake. I say this because my parents, nor her's were at the wedding occasion and was also quite far from her home. We have a story to back this up, but with little proof.
We have all the documents: wedding photo album, certificates, wedding card.
If they do get suspicious, what do you think they will do and how long do you think it would take.
Also, I have a phone bill that shows I've been calling her since my arrival in England, but it is from her relative's (my friend's) house although I was paying for it using an international phone card. Again, i have a story to back this up.
Thanking you
Bobby.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:13 pm

I say this because my parents, nor her's were at the wedding occasion and was also quite far from her home.
Am I missing a point here? How would that even come up as a topic in the mind of the ECO examining the visa application?

Those wedding photographs ... you know you have not got to label them pointing out who is who in those pictures!

The wedding a fake? You have a marriage certificate that is accepted as valid as a marriage certificate under the laws of Pakistan where the marriage happened? That is, under the laws of Pakistan, are you married? And can you prove it ... by producing a certificate?

Or was the marriage a "mere" religious ceremony that does not amount to a legal marriage at all?
John

bobby12321
Newly Registered

Post by bobby12321 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:30 pm

Thank you so much for your reply.

We have a certificate that is from the district courts.
I was just scared in case they asked, then my wife would have to tell them wouldn't she??javascript:emoticon(':oops:')
I thought that that as well as the phone issue might cause them to become a little suspicious and then make enquiries which could lead to something as there are people who have fallen out with my relatives who would probably make false claims against my wife.
What do you think about the phone bill issue?

Again, thank you.

bobby12321
Newly Registered

Post by bobby12321 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:02 pm

By the way, what I meant by 'fake marriage' is that it was a marriage of convenience and that we have no intent to live together.
Thanks.

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:52 am

If you want to prove it wasn't a marriage of convenience then you need to show evidence of your relationship, eg calling cards, itemised mobile phone bills, letters, cards, emails etc etc.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:03 am

Brit Chick, I agree with that, they need to provide good "evidence of contact" to show that the marriage is real, and not a marriage of convenience.

Bobby, thanks for your explanation of what you meant by "fake marriage". It could also mean that whilst the relationship is real, the marriage certificate is a fake .... clearly not the case for you.

Don't overlook the fact that any certificates being supplied in support of the application which are not in English need to be translated into English, and the original non-English certificate and the certified translation into English need to be supplied.
John

bobby12321
Newly Registered

Post by bobby12321 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:35 pm

Thanks for the replies guys, i appreciate them.
I'm getting a bit worried though.
When I was in Pakistan, I was living with her, but don't have much proof of that, only a few photos as it was at her parents place (all the bills and stuff on her father's name) When I came to England, our only means of contact has been me phoning her very frequently, but I have been phoning from her relatives house because I'm not comfortable phoning from my home (i have a reason to back this, but I'm worried they might not believe it) and is also the place we will stay when she arrives. (Shall I say that I'm living there now?....but i wouldn't have any proof...maybe i can just say that I didn't change my address because it was just 5 minutes around the corner???)
I'm just worried because I think they might think that her relatives were calling and not me!!
That, along with the fact that our parents were not at the occasion and it was far away from her home.
I think they are gonna be quite suspicious...god knows what would happen if they made an enquiry - there are a lot of people where we had our wedding who have fallen out with her relatives and could go against us. Our photo album does have alot of people at the wedding occasion though.
PLEASE HELP! :( :(
P.S. The phone calls from her relatives house are ther only proof of contact I have, as it is the only way I've been in contact with her...she can't understand my writing very well and speech is the only way we have communicated in the past.
I think the certificate are fine - thanks for that. 8)

Brit Chick

Post by Brit Chick » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:33 pm

Well I wouldn't worry about the relatives causing complications with your application as it's your application and the evidence provided that will be the basis for the ECO to make the decision for entry clearance.....I doubt family vendettas and falling out (and let's face it, these happen at most weddings:)) would sway their decision if all your evidence is correct.

I would concentrate on getting together a strong application.