ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR under HSMP with 2 years outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

faithfultahir
Newly Registered

ILR under HSMP with 2 years outside UK

Post by faithfultahir » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Today I went Sheffield PEO to make in person application. My case is when I was refused extension under new HSMP rules in 2007, I rather withdraw my extension application and I went Pakistan and then under JR came UK after remaining 2 years over there. Now the time spent outside UK is counted towards ILR but the case worker told me he was not sure and that he would consult his senior about this case as he told me this is the first case ever he confronted. So we have been sent home now and were told they will let me know in a week time. I paid £4050 for in person application for me and my 4 dependents. Is there anyone advise on it or is there any one who has the same case.
Thanks

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: ILR under HSMP with 2 years outside UK

Post by mk357 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:43 pm

faithfultahir wrote:Today I went Sheffield PEO to make in person application. My case is when I was refused extension under new HSMP rules in 2007, I rather withdraw my extension application and I went Pakistan and then under JR came UK after remaining 2 years over there. Now the time spent outside UK is counted towards ILR but the case worker told me he was not sure and that he would consult his senior about this case as he told me this is the first case ever he confronted. So we have been sent home now and were told they will let me know in a week time. I paid £4050 for in person application for me and my 4 dependents. Is there anyone advise on it or is there any one who has the same case.
Thanks
I am sure there is a case reported on this forum similar to yours i.e. the applicant went to his country because he did not meet the new extension criteria in 2007 but came back after the JR. He actually got his ILR, back dated, as the period outside country was considered towards his ILR. I am not sure when did you return to UK as there was a grace period for all cases like yours in the JR Policy document and was not an open ended period. If you could find that policy it would clear much of your questions.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:55 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

faithfultahir
Newly Registered

Post by faithfultahir » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:02 am

Thanks a lot for your replies. From the quoted person's case it is evident that there is no time limit demarcated by HO for remaining outside UK as the person quoted spent almost 3 years and still granted ILR. What do you think please?