ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Marriage certificate

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

imranhameed2000

Dependant Marriage certificate

Post by imranhameed2000 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:29 am

My wife is on the student visa here in UK. We married in 2009 in local town hall. we are also married religious way.

now i have to apply dependant visa for my wife from Islamabad. my islami Nikah Nama is lost.

Can i just submitt a marriage certificate that i have form my local town hall where we got married. Wil this be enough.

Along with other prrofs of staying together in UK for last few years.

The proofs include NHS medical cards. Our daughter birth certificate and also
Joint Accomodation contracts signed by me and my wife.

Please help

imranhameed2000

Post by imranhameed2000 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:00 am

Please can any one Help.......

imranhameed2000

Post by imranhameed2000 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:31 pm

i have never seen this forum that much HELPLESS...

Please some one helpppppp...

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:07 pm

imranhameed2000 wrote:i am married since 2004....but my wife was on a student visa in UK since that time. at that time only applying for student visa was the easy option that is y we did not apply for dependent from Pakistan after marriage and we said that we are fiance of each other.

We did make the entry of our marriage in London according to UK rules.

Now i am going to apply for her dependent visa from Islamabad. do i need to submit the Islami Nikah nama or i can simply submit the certified copy of entry of marriage that we did in London.

Submitting Islami Nikah nama might be a problem because the date in that is prior to that date where we applied for her student visa in 2004.

Pleaseee Helpppp...
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:07 pm

A marriage certificate recognized by UK law. If you were married in UK but do not have one, you may order it through GRO.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!