ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can my spouse apply for BC immediately?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yamoo
Newly Registered

Can my spouse apply for BC immediately?

Post by yamoo » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:46 am

I have my BC granted. can my wife file her own application for BC as a spouse of british citizen right from the date that I attended my citizenship ceremony even if I have not applied for my passport? or how soon after that can she apply? She has also been living in uk for over 5 years(on her own she is qualify for naturalisation sometime in November 2011).

Please Advise.

Thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:08 am

yamoo wrote:can my wife file her own application for BC as a spouse of british citizen right from the date that I attended my citizenship ceremony
Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:48 am

vinny wrote:
yamoo wrote:can my wife file her own application for BC as a spouse of british citizen right from the date that I attended my citizenship ceremony
Yes.
I think you need the passport. See section 6 of AN1 form about the documents required. They did not mention Naturalisation certificate as a proof. Correct me if I am wrong

donpetuchi
Newly Registered

Post by donpetuchi » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:39 am

Dear Vinny and others who can help me.
I got BC since September 2009 and my wife who was on a dependent visa got her ILR on the 20th of September 2010. Is it true that the earliest we can apply for BC for her is 20th September 2011 (next month)? We have been married for 9 years & resident here in the UK since 1998.
Many thanks for any guidance on this issue.

Beige
- thin ice -

Post by Beige » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:56 am

donpetuchi wrote:Dear Vinny and others who can help me.
I got BC since September 2009 and my wife who was on a dependent visa got her ILR on the 20th of September 2010. Is it true that the earliest we can apply for BC for her is 20th September 2011 (next month)? We have been married for 9 years & resident here in the UK since 1998.
Many thanks for any guidance on this issue.
She could have applied for BC since last year. She doesn't have to wait till September 2011, she can apply now.

donpetuchi
Newly Registered

Post by donpetuchi » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:02 pm

[quote]She could have applied for BC since last year. She doesn't have to wait till September 2011, she can apply now

Thank you so much. Will complete forms and send off this week.

vipul1981

Post by vipul1981 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:03 pm

osteophytes wrote:
vinny wrote:
Yes.
I think you need the passport. See section 6 of AN1 form about the documents required. They did not mention Naturalisation certificate as a proof. Correct me if I am wrong
you are right, it does ask for passport of the partner.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:27 pm

Spouse's Naturalisation certificate (instead of British passport) is also acceptable (page 16).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.