ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Application Requirements

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rjpanther
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit Application Requirements

Post by rjpanther » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:33 am

Hello can anyone help me as to what exactly do they require to get a Family Permit?

I have been married for a year now and I haven't seen my husband for almost a year as well as we know that tickets aren't that cheap. My husband is working in England, and we decided that I should join him instead of him staying in my country as it is hard for him to find a job here that would suit him. We have always been hesitant for the application because of this Bank statement account. We have been having issue about having good or healthy bank statement as in the past months he has to help his family who visited the UK and the expenses was all on him. At the moment we can say that we do not have a good bank statement account, what exactly is enough or sufficient for them? (Immigration) But then as I have been searching they said that or EEA money is not essential but then others would say that I won't be granted an EEA FP if I don't have enough funds or my husband.
I am in Philippines and my husband is a Lithuanian that is working in UK.
We are also worried about marriage for convenience because I don't know what are their basis for this as my husband and I we just met twice the first is he stayed here for 2 weeks the second is for 17 days as he can't stay longer because he is only permitted 14 days off at work.... but we do
talk everyday thru skype video call... Like many hours a day.
I don't know what are our chances or well my chance to get approve if ever I will apply on the first week of January next year when my husband would be here again as I don't wanna go to embassy alone so he will accompany me and we plan that he would stay here for 2 months while we wait for the result.

rjpanther
Newly Registered

Post by rjpanther » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:02 am

help!!! I need advice about the above issue

what to do about bank statement requirements is it really necessary?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:26 am

There is no requirement to show bank statements.

Your husband is obviously a qualified person in the UK, that is he will have to show that he is a worker (employment letter and/or payslips) and resident (rental contract or utility bills or council tax statement). Besides that you will need passport/IDs and a marriage certificate (properly translated and certified).

rjpanther
Newly Registered

Post by rjpanther » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:28 pm

really? because when we tried to ask those solicitors they are like saying that we can prove that we are not going to seek gov't aid if we have 2000gbp in my husbands account others even say 2500.... my husband alreahy have the EEA1 card something like that.... it is just that lately his bank statement account is consistently overdrawn nowadays.....

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:25 am

Your husband is a worker as you say and thus has to show that he is in genuine (and effective) work as I have said above. What he has is a registration certificate. He was not required to show his bank statements for that application either.

rjpanther
Newly Registered

Post by rjpanther » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:36 am

Thank you for your advice but what do you say about those that has been refused because hey do not have enough funds to show that they can support themselves.... At the moment I am not working, after we got married I haven't been able to get back to work/haven't been working.

In other forums that I checked, most people I met online that have been approved has enough savings on their account. Those I met that doesn't has been refused. I am worried about this, My husband just started on his new job again and will start saving from here on..... But I don't know if he will be able to save enough for this proof to show that we are not going to rely on the gov't aid or whatever they call it.

I am also saving as well from what I have even if I don't have a work as I have an aunt who is like a mother to me who has been helping us while I am not working.

At this point I would say that I have more savings than my husband.

What we plan to do is that he will come over on December for new year since the tickets before from the 29th of december and below is very expensive ... Starting November the ticket prices for travelling are so expensive so he will be here for new year as the ticket then is cheaper.
Then we plan to submit an application after New Year like first week of January, we will go together and he plans to stay here while we wait for the result.

Do you think we have a chance?

What we have so far are these:

1. Passport (mine and his)
2. marriage certificate (certified) and registered to Lithuania and Philippines
so we can get a copy of our marriage cert in Philippines and in any embassy of Lithuania.
3. Photos, Letters/cards, email, skype video / I guess we cannot include parcel envelope as it is too big to be included in files
4. My birth certificate certified
5. my husbands registration cert EEA1

so we do not have evidence for financial ... we do have but it is always overdrawn for him...
for house he just moved to a different house which has cheaper rent but it is a council house he is renting one room but he said it is a council house the one living there that is under council house is letting the vacant room which he is now renting.... would that be a problem?

he used to be a student but he has to stop because of the conflicts in schedules for his job and his classes, I am not sure if we should include that 1 year he had been to university.... now he still can't go back to finish his studies because he is waiting for me so he can go for part time job and I will work fulltime for him to focus on his studies....

I hope you'll have time to read this and give us your opinion/comments/ suggestions...

Do we have a chance to be approved?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:58 pm

Without knowing the details it is not possible to answer why other people have been refused. Just because others have shown healthy bank accounts does not mean that they were accepted because of providing such supporting documents. It may, however, have been necessary for them to show that because of their very personal circumstances, i.e. no other income.

You say your husband is working and resident in the UK (include relevant documents as explained above) right now. Being a genuine worker is sufficient prove that he will not become an unreasonable burden on the state. Council housing should not be a problem either.

I do not think that your current financial situation is a problem. If there is a problem then that their is doubt that your marriage is genuine. You have already included some evidence to counter that. Another problem could be that the entrance clearance officer is ignorant of the law. Now you can just apply and see what happens.

rjpanther
Newly Registered

Post by rjpanther » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:53 pm

EEA Family Permit Requirements/Documents needed???

Do you think we have a chance?

This is what we have:

1. My Passport
2. My Birth Cert (Certified)
3. My Previous Passports (LOL but doesn't have any stamp I just like getting a passport in the past)
4. Marriage cert (certified) Our marriage is also now registered in my husband's country Lithuania so we can have a copy of this in their language which we already have and we can request for a copy from any of their embassy.
5. EVIDENCE OF EMPLOYMENT - NONE I AM NOT EMPLOYED AT THE MOMENT
6. FINANCES INFORMATION -
A. My bank books --- I am not sure if it can be considered not enough but if it's for philippines it is enough but for UK I dunno
at this point I only have 900gbp I already converted it :P my finances comes from my aunt who is like my mother already she's helping me/us since I lost my job last year.
B. Payslips - NONE
C. TAX RETURN --- I only have the old ones since am not working
7. ACCOMODATION DETAILS - My husband just moved to a different house which is cheaper and they don't have any documents about how long he is going to stay there it is like between him and the landlord that he can rent the place as long as he want but this new place/ one room and shared communal / is under council house something like that / the person who has it has made the other room rented which is now my husband is renting ... is that a problem? I don't know what's with the council house is that person allowed to have the other room rented??? which is being rented by my husband.....
8. INFORMATION ABOUT SPONSOR IN UK - My Husband --
A. Evidence of employment ---- he can ask for this as he is working (he just started on his new job today) he was vacant for the last 2 weeks well he has part time like on call)
B. Evidence of income --- bank statement he has but it is always overdrawn now a days honestly he only have 80gbp in his account at the moment (am stating facts to see if we have a chance) the rest he needs it for expenses so he is starting anew today from all those ruckus that happen in the past months with his work issue and helping his family and other people issue by doing so it cost us.....
C. Economic activity --- he was studying at bedforshire uni before he only finished 1 year the second year he has to drop in the middle of it due to job schedule conflicts....up until now he wasn't able to go back to university since he dropped nov 2009... he is waiting for me to be there so he can look for part time and go back to uni and I will work full time ....... SHOULD WE STILL INCLUDE THIS??? that school activity is 2008 - 2009
9. Evidence of Sponsor's nationality - we have
a. My husband's passport
b. national ID
c. registration certificate (EEA1)
10. Evidence of relationship ----- we have
a. marriage cert (certified)
b. emails , letters, card, photographs, skype calls ( parcel packets)
11. Other Docs ----
a. My transcript and diploma (certified) (BS Degree)
b. My certificate as a cook (certified)
c. My certificate of employments from previous jobs (still in process for certification)

HERE IS MORE INFO

1. Our Relationship started Sept 2009
2. We met in person April 2010 (stayed 2 weeks here in phils w/ me of course)
3. He came back and We got married August 2010 (stayed here for 17 days)
4. Our Marriage/wedding date was Aug 31, he has to go back Sept 2 ( due to his only given 14 days off)
5. Until then we haven't seen each other in person we just use skype video everyday
6. We plan for him to come over december 30 (tickets frm dec 29th and below guess till nov 1st is so expensive so we chose 30 so we can at least celebrate new year
7. We plan to submit application January first week together with him
8. We plan for him to stay here till the first week of March we are hoping there will be results by then
9. I intend to get a job before his arrival so he doesn't have to spend his money we plan to save from his new job
10. His bank account is not good obviously stated above
11. His got a new job and intend to save if it will be healthy that would only be from sept - dec.

QUESTIONS ARE.......

1. DO WE HAVE A CHANCE WITH WHAT WE HAVE?
2. SUGGESTIONS? ADVICE?
3. WHAT ARE WE MISSING?
4. WHAT MORE WE NEED?

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:07 pm

I have the feeling that you are not really reading what I am saying so I will just wish you good luck.

rjpanther
Newly Registered

Post by rjpanther » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:40 pm

hello there 86ti thanks for your advice... I am reading it but...
and you aren't the first who told us that everything is ok in our situation the thing is we are still very much worried as what I told you I haven't met anyone let's say a new one not years ago but a new one who applied that passed that doesn't have good bank statements....

most of the solicitors I inquired with are suggesting better to have 2500 or 2000 in my husbands account from his work / savings .... that it is ok even if am penniless but as long as my husband have that amount and the UKBA list of supporting docs the one I have downloaded also lists that there well just bank account didn't say how much you should have... the one I just posted I followed the pattern from the list putting what I have and I don't based on the list of docs provided by ukba

that is why am so worried... am really waiting for a good advice and someone that can attest that he/she is approved without good bank statement both of them..... because I haven't that's why am worried
am just so worrisome but I am always scared about failing like hoping too much and waiting and waiting then in the end you'll be sad ....

wahhhhhhhhhhhh I just wanna be with my husband.... am feeling so sad that he cannot go back to university because am still here.... and we cannot start a family coz am still here... you know not getting younger we just keep planning on planning ...... and we don't want to have kids while we are apart.....

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:46 pm

rjpanther wrote:Thank you for your advice but what do you say about those that has been refused because hey do not have enough funds to show that they can support themselves....
Until you give very detailed information about those refusals you mentioned there is no way anyone here can tell why exactly their applications have been refused. When telling their stories people omit what they think is unimportant or irrelevant, but what turns to be vital for the case. Thus, no details about a case - no comments.

What country do you live right now? At home, on the Philippines? It is easier to apply for EEA FP from within the EU. There should be no difference but, alas, there is.

Just an opinion here... They often refuse giving EEA FP when they suspect a marriage of convenience which in your case might be a problem. I see no reasons for you to worry about financial matters.

For recent marriages they would like to see some proves of relationships prior to marriage, and for a good reason. Do you have emails, phone calls, photographs showing that you have some history of relationships before you got married? Showing correspondence after marriage is not going to be sufficient in your case. This is my opinion, of course.

You see... they cannot read minds. There is no way they can know for sure if a given marriage is one of convenience or you love each other truly and dearly. What they are doing is very simple. They are comparing. They will be comparing the story of marriage you will present to a typical story of a scam marriage. The story of a marriage of convenience is simple: people find each other on the Internet or via some kind of proxy in order to meet the agreement about a certain amount of money paid to an EEA citizen so non-EEA citizen would be able to enter the EU as EEA family member. Marriages like this one do not have much of a history. Some might have after-wedding history, but virtually no relations before the fact of marriage can be shown because there had been none. The more closer your case would resemble this one the higher chance of getting refused.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:00 pm

I have never claimed that you would be ok. All I tried was to make you understand what you need to demonstrate to qualify under EEA regulations, see also Nimitta's response. Aimlessly throwing one useless document after another at the embassy is not going to help you.

rjpanther
Newly Registered

Post by rjpanther » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:09 pm

hello Nimitta if you have read that long posts I did above... about what we have well if you have time.... to read it so you can see what we have so far.... maybe your response is for the other posts I did much earlier but I have another posts above which is very long I typed the details of what we have so far

and yeah I am in philippines that's explained above..... and yes we have mails, letters, skype video , parcels etc even before marriage if you can read my posts above... I really need suggestions comments and advice
am gonna go crazy if I can't communicate with anyone that knows these stuff.....

by the way should my husband bring back the letters and cards I sent to him as well? or only his letters and cards are needed?

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:09 pm

EEA FP is free of charge. You know that, don't you? Instead of waiting for what you are not going to get (assurance that would put your mind at peace) just apply and see how it comes out. I do not understand why are you so nervous. You are not going to get executed if you got refused. :D

rjpanther
Newly Registered

Post by rjpanther » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:13 pm

Okay I understand... so I want to know... what do you think of what we have?

what's your opinion? where do we stand? Just in your opinion...

I really want to know...

I need comments and suggestions... what else do we need?
what do you think?

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:16 pm

rjpanther wrote: maybe your response is for the other posts I did much earlier but I have another posts above which is very long I typed the details of what we have so far
Oh, I've read it all right. :D

10. Evidence of relationship ----- we have
a. marriage cert (certified)
b. emails , letters, card, photographs, skype calls ( parcel packets)

Just make sure you have some proofs for "pre-wedding" relationships and you will be fine.
rjpanther wrote:
am gonna go crazy if I can't communicate with anyone that knows these stuff.....

by the way should my husband bring back the letters and cards I sent to him as well? or only his letters and cards are needed?

Throw in a couple of your letters, it won't hurt.

86ti has already told you everything there is to know about financial matters. It is quite obvious, you know. If I were you, I would relaxed, applied and waited for the result. Cheers!

rjpanther
Newly Registered

Post by rjpanther » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:20 pm

:lol: hehe you made me smile nimitta you see it's kind of well maybe my character worrisome person.... I am scared of failing like if we get refused what will happen it might affect on the next attempt :P see am so I dunno my husband says sometimes am so negative lol ..... he's actually tellin me all the time to calm down but nah guess my personality is some kinda like that always want things to be clear and okay before I do it...

you know we are planning if things doesn't go well with the application
that he will just stay here in Phils but he won't be working ... it's so hard for others to find job here how much more him not from philippines... and he hasn't finish his studies yet.... so am the one gonna be working and he stays at home lol he actually doesn't like the idea of me working and he stays home :P but because it's so hard to be apart for a long time like this that's our plan... and then try again after 6 months but I am worried again lol see am worrisome that we won't meet the needs or requirements specially bank statement if am the only one working and he will be away from uk for many months.... it's like we have to show now that I have money to support both of us not just me :P am worrisome I know....

rjpanther
Newly Registered

Post by rjpanther » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:26 pm

hmmmm should I also include the cards that was sent to me by my mother in law and sister in law? they are sending me cards as well from lithuania....

and we have remittance slips like from western union my husband sent me once few months after our marriage and he also sent me once before we got married and my mother in law also sent me once so we have 3 remittance slips should I include all those?

lol if I will submit my love story with ukba the documents will look like a slambook :P collage :P

rjpanther
Newly Registered

Post by rjpanther » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:33 pm

and oh we don't have phone calls to show because even if we call each other on mobile we cannot present it as we are using prepaid cards no records or documents for our calls it's just in our mobile but we cannot print that my mobile is not that high-tech :P there's two calls at the month of april in which I used landline to contact him that was the time before we even got married

yeah I talk too much... just getting crazy am just so glad there's forum like this that responses..... to our weird questions from weird person like me :P

thanks guys for giving time and sharing your opinions and knowledge about this....

by the way how do you know all these stuff? :P

rjpanther
Newly Registered

Post by rjpanther » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:15 pm

sorry for having gazillions of questions..... will it be a problem like my emails our chats and my skype id .... it doesn't show my real name on it... it is a nickname like this one i have.... is that a problem?

hope you'll still have time to share your opinion with me....

thanks

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Qualified Person

Post by nonspecifics » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:13 pm

How long has your husband been exercising Treaty Rights in the UK?

You stated his financial situation is not good even though he is working. If he does not yet have PR and becomes a full-time student and does not work at all, then he would be exercising Treaty Rights as a student. Then he would be required to have sufficient funds and comprehensive health insurance for himself and all family members.

Only if the above criteria are met, are the non-EEA family members then allowed to continue to live and work in the UK.

Will UKBA be ok with him studying full-time and being totally financially dependent on the non-EEA family member? Is this counted as exercising Treaty Rights?

I am thinking ahead with regard to residence card and PR applications.

rjpanther
Newly Registered

Post by rjpanther » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:53 pm

How long has your husband been exercising Treaty Rights in the UK?

he went to UK around july 2008, then he studied at bedfordshire uni sept 2008 - 2009, he finished that 1 year term, but the second term starting sept 2009 for his supposed to be 2nd year at university he dropped around november because of schedule conflicts with his job as he is working fulltime and studying fulltime at the same time those times....
the first year was easy but the second year it was hard for him to do his assignments stuff like that so he dropped and continued working full time

so at the moment he is not studying he's just working fulltime although he is only contractual but he is working he already have a residence certificate that thing he got after he applied for EEA1 last year. so he doesn't have a problem our only problem is how to get me there with him so he can go back to university he is waiting for me as he cannot work fulltime and study at the same time

what is PR by the way?

right now he is working fulltime... and he will only start working part time if I will be with him already as I will be the one working fulltime so he can focus on his studies...

about the finances... stuff happens in the past like helping family members who visited him in uk suppose to look for work but not successful due to language barrier so he supported them during their stay that's why he doesn't have good finances so up till June he is paying for those stuff and now july he had some work issue he has been well no work for 2-3 weeks he had part time which is on call but now he is starting on fulltime again.....[/quote]

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

WORK

Post by nonspecifics » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:11 pm

I believe if he continued to work part-time he would still be exercising Treaty Rights as a worker, even if he is also studying full-time too, so that should be ok.

Short periods of time between jobs should also be ok too, as long as he was a jobseeker who was looking for work.

PR is short for Permanent Residence which can be acquired after five years exercising Treaty Rights.

It is the EEA equivalent of Indefinite Leave to Remain under UK immigration law.

rjpanther
Newly Registered

Post by rjpanther » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:57 pm

thanks so much for the info.... I have been reading the update at ukba site today and it seems nice 8)