ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Further Midical report requested

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

openshaw2
Newly Registered

Further Midical report requested

Post by openshaw2 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:31 pm

sorry if i post on the wrong site. this forum have being helpful for through out my extension in uk i never consulted any solicitor.
please please i need advise regarding my wife naturalisation application

she applied on 10th may 2011 .
here is the senario of her case she came to the uk to join her parent which means she got indefinate leave to enter after she has complete the five years she made this application for naturalisation but her major problem she got learning difficulties which enable her to do ESOL or life in the uk test.

the time she make her application she included a midical report detailing her medical condition from her GP for exemption today she got a ltter from liverpool stating this : I write about your request to be except from the knowledge of language and life in the uk requirement for naturalisation as a british citizen

you have asked for exemption from the knowledge of language and life in the requirement in connection with your naturalisation application . How ever, it is not clear why the difficulties you have discribed should prevent you from meeting the requirement.Exception from the requirement can only be agreed by the secretary of state on the grounds of age or long time mental condition.The severity of which would make it un reasonble to expect Miss kant from the requirement on the present information.

You should there fore provide a more detailed summary of the reasons why you wish to be exempt in the form of a further medical report.

note :she really got learning difficulties and bevaiour problems i filled her application because she cant do that for her self .she is even in receiving of disability living allowance and inpacity benefit base on her medical condition and even her social worker is aware of that including her GP but they still asked for further midical report

As i know about her details and am her husband we did not use any representative when she make the application
she being here more five years she never travel a single day and she no crime records .

please can you advise us which steps to take now ? can we use a representative this time note the passports and other documents are still with them.please any idea who may have gone through the same sanario. Thanks in advance. waiting urgently because the gave us two weeks to submit another medical report. Sorry for the lenth writing and also if i post the wrong site this is my first post

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:37 pm

Exemption because of disability
If you have a long-standing, permanent disability which prevents you from learning English, you may be exempt from the KOL requirement. To be exempt, you must:
be suffering from a long-term illness or disability that severely restricts your mobility and ability to attend language classes; or
have a mental impairment which means that you are unable to learn another language.
When you apply for settlement, you should send us evidence from a medical practitioner confirming your disability.
Above conditions have to be met as per UKBA. Hence her GP should give a detailed report of her condition under one or both of the above headings.You can ask for it to be a detailed one similar to the one used for Disability Benefits.
I will be very surprised if the above mentioned phrases were detailed in the report you submitted earlier. If you could send me the wording of her previous report I am happy to comment on its adequacy(use pm)
If the report is adequate there should be no reason for UKBA to reject her application. They could have asked for a second opnion if they doubted the report but they havent said that.

openshaw2
Newly Registered

Post by openshaw2 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:50 pm

[quote="gidoc"][quote]Exemption because of disability
If you have a long-standing, permanent disability which prevents you from learning English, you may be exempt from the KOL requirement. To be exempt, you must:
be suffering from a long-term illness or disability that severely restricts your mobility and ability to attend language classes; or
have a mental impairment which means that you are unable to learn another language.
When you apply for settlement, you should send us evidence from a medical practitioner confirming your disability.[/quote]

Above conditions have to be met as per UKBA. Hence her GP should give a detailed report of her condition under one or both of the above headings.You can ask for it to be a detailed one similar to the one used for Disability Benefits.
[i]I will be very surprised if the above mentioned phrases were detailed in the report you submitted earlier[/i]. If you could send me the wording of her previous report I am happy to comment on its adequacy[i](use pm)[/i]
If the report is adequate there should be no reason for UKBA to reject her application. They could have asked for a second opnion if they doubted the report but they havent said that.[/quote]

Thank you for your reply i really appreciate it
This what her GP stated in the letter: The above name...... is a registered patience with me at our medical practice from this date..... to this date and i belive that she should be except from meeting the language and life in the uk as she is suffering from learning difficulties and behaviourer problem this problem has being with her for long time as she has an operation from her country of origin during her child hood but her english is reasonable as she not required an interpreter for her midical counsultation if you required any further information regarding her please do not hestate to contact me on this details ........ and tel phone number......

she also include a letter from her provious JP that the above name has learning diffulculities and she is unable even to fill a form.

she really got medical problem but it seem the doctor dont discribe details of her condition he may dont know the format . can you please send a lay out format that i will present to him for the next medical report he will make todat we went to the hospital to show him the letter he was suprise for the fact that the person have serious medical condition and they still reject the application.

should we include the disability and inpacity benefit letter to prove more of her condition that she is in receiving of this benefit because of her medical condition please help us and God will reward you. thanks in advance. Please if you could send me a few sentences what to include next to her medical i will appreciate as her Doctor is in doubt now to write again aboput her. she got two children all british citizen base on her status that she is settle here and they currently have their british book. she never commit ant crime in this country and she never travel a single day since she entered this country .she entered with indefinate leave to enter which means she did not get any immgration restriction as she came here under age. Thanks for time reading this and responding

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:56 pm

she is suffering from learning difficulties and behaviourer problem this problem has being with her for long time as she has an operation from her country of origin during her child hood but her english is reasonable as she not required an interpreter for her midical counsultation
This sentence has led to the query.

The GP simply needs to describe the condition in detail, perhaps take help from your assgined care worker to detail what tasks she cannot do(filling forms, remembering facts, using a computer, not having had formal education etc) and what she needs helps with( understanding complex commands, reading and writing etc)
Also add her disability benefit letter as this will be given only when she fulfils the core rules, which she has already met.
Sorry cant give you more details as I am not aware of the extent of her symptoms but the GP should know this.

Most of above mentioned is common knowledge for a professional and I do not expect any rewards to help you.I believe that truth shall always prevail and to help each other is the finest quality of a good human being.

openshaw2
Newly Registered

Applicant with medical condition successful

Post by openshaw2 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:54 pm

This sentence has led to the query.

The GP simply needs to describe the condition in detail, perhaps take help from your assgined care worker to detail what tasks she cannot do(filling forms, remembering facts, using a computer, not having had formal education etc) and what she needs helps with( understanding complex commands, reading and writing etc)
Also add her disability benefit letter as this will be given only when she fulfils the core rules, which she has already met.
Sorry cant give you more details as I am not aware of the extent of her symptoms but the GP should know this.

Most of above mentioned is common knowledge for a professional and I do not expect any rewards to help you.I believe that truth shall always prevail and to help each other is the finest quality of a good human being.
[/quote]

I have being here recently regarding mynwife naturalisation applications which home office requested further medical report in order for them to excepty her from met the knowlege and life in the uk test due to her long time medical impairement which make it impossible for her to do the test or the esol.
Thank to this site and also a big thanks to u GIDOC for the guine accurate advise u gave us am glade to say that my wife application has be successful. Once again thank u .your advise was helpful as i follow and do excatly what you advise me both on the board and the private message u sent me.

Please i have three questions to ask -question 1: we received both the passport and the other supporting documents with a letter from home office stating that the application has being sucessful and remind her that she wil received the invitation letter with two weeks and that she should not contact her local authority until she received the invitation letter. Please has any one experince this before documents first before invitation letter?

question 2:for the fact that my wife have medical problem that makes her not able to cope with stragers and also some time she is unable to respond from question being ask her or to say excatly what the person is saying especially in taken the oath please what wil be the impact if in case this happen during the ceremony?

question 3:If she successful got the naturalisation certtificate and i apply for her for the british passport what will be the implication if during her passport interview she cant answer all the questions being ask her regarding about her and any other questions? please note she has medical conditions which make her some time unable to remember facts. In this case should i take all her medical documents during her passport interview ? to prove that she can remember things but she is the guine applicant . Is there any possibility they may except her for the passport interview on the grounds that she has learning dificulties and behavourer problem . Your reply and contribution to the above questions is warmly appreciated and thanks in advance .