ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Cohabitation + Original Documents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nikkosan
Newly Registered

Proof of Cohabitation + Original Documents

Post by nikkosan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:56 pm

My partner and I are applying for his EAA2 Residence card.

Most of my doubts concerning how to proceed have been cleared, however, as we now try to put together all the pieces of the puzzles, I'm left with two doubts:

1. My partner and I have been living at the same address since March 2006, a condo apartment in a small complex with 29 units. Our problem is that most of my correspondence only shows the address without the apartment number, whereas his shows it. Is that going to be a problem, and if yes, should we give UKBA an explanation for the discrepancy? The reason is that we own two units in the building, and spent time in another rented unit as well (we liked the view better). In these 5 and a half years we've only lived at that address, and that's why I only used that without indicating the apartment number (also because the mailman knows us and only has to look at the names on the envelope to see where they go).

2. Will any of the original documents that we're sending to UKBA be returned to us?

Once again thank you very much in advance.

alekos

Post by alekos » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:32 pm

1. Shouldn't be a problem. wife and I have same address, but different bills come with variations of the same address. A, First floor, Top floor, etc.

2. They should return original documents. If you're wondering about marriage certificates, just get more from the place you got married in.
Thank you everyone in this forum.

nikkosan
Newly Registered

Post by nikkosan » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:40 pm

Very reassuring...
Basically the format of the address in my case is:
1234 Sunrise Blvd
Sin City, FL 12345

My partner's is:
1234 Sunrise Blvd, Apt xyz
Sin City, FL 12345

I do have however some documents (different IDs), that are from 2007 and 2010 and show the apartment number, but the majority of my financial document do not (we're both going to send the first page of every bank statement from June 2006 till now, showing the same address, alternating between the two of us, to prove we've been BOTH living at that address). We're also providing HO with several support letters from family and friends to show that we're indeed a couple (we're not married).

As for the original documents, I'm thinking more like original documents from the US that are part of my immigration folder over there (I did replace the originals in my folder with copies, but I'd like to have the originals back once he gets the residence card).