ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Clarification on filling up of forms

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

n_dinesh
Newly Registered

Clarification on filling up of forms

Post by n_dinesh » Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:49 pm

Hello Moderators

I am scheduled to apply for my citizenship with my local NCS next week.My UK residency is based on a 5 year WP + 1 year ILR

My question was in regard to the field "Surname" and Given Name". To give a bit of background, all my Work Permit, ILR application is based on my exact Surname and given name as in my passport.

For example, let say my name in the passport is: Surname : ABC XYZ Given Names: RST PQR

I have filled up the form aligning with the name on the passport and my previous Visa documents. However, most of my correspondence letters,example:Phone contract,Housing agreement etc is based on "XYZ ABC" as in my surname.

Will this be an issue.I had asked the same question to my solicitor when I applied for ILR.They said that it would not be an issue as many have such mess up in there passport names.I eventually did get my ILR without any issue as assured by my solicitor.

However, as I am doing my naturalisation application independently via. NCS and additionally as some of the credit checks as far as I know is made on credit history of the person, I am hoping this name conflict should not cause an issue for my application.

Please note that my actualname is stated as my surname in my passport.So its not a case of me known by a totally different name than whats stated in the form.Its just a mess up of my first name and last name.I have stuck to the data as in my passport and as in my Life in UK test result plus previous Visa documents.I am hoping I am on the right track.

Could you please suggest if I need to factor in anything additionally to aviod any unforseen issue

Thanks & Regards

Member of Standing

Re: Clarification on filling up of forms

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:20 pm

n_dinesh wrote:Hello Moderators

I am scheduled to apply for my citizenship with my local NCS next week.My UK residency is based on a 5 year WP + 1 year ILR

My question was in regard to the field "Surname" and Given Name". To give a bit of background, all my Work Permit, ILR application is based on my exact Surname and given name as in my passport.

For example, let say my name in the passport is: Surname : ABC XYZ Given Names: RST PQR

I have filled up the form aligning with the name on the passport and my previous Visa documents. However, most of my correspondence letters,example:Phone contract,Housing agreement etc is based on "XYZ ABC" as in my surname.

Will this be an issue.I had asked the same question to my solicitor when I applied for ILR.They said that it would not be an issue as many have such mess up in there passport names.I eventually did get my ILR without any issue as assured by my solicitor.

However, as I am doing my naturalisation application independently via. NCS and additionally as some of the credit checks as far as I know is made on credit history of the person, I am hoping this name conflict should not cause an issue for my application.

Please note that my actualname is stated as my surname in my passport.So its not a case of me known by a totally different name than whats stated in the form.Its just a mess up of my first name and last name.I have stuck to the data as in my passport and as in my Life in UK test result plus previous Visa documents.I am hoping I am on the right track.

Could you please suggest if I need to factor in anything additionally to aviod any unforseen issue

Thanks & Regards
On the form you have a question asking - "have you been known by any other name"

My name is long and all my financial documents have my shorter version. I realise your names are twisted around. I would recommend you fill in the "other name" question plus add in a Note for their ref.

I wouldn't worry much. As long as UKBA use your name as in on your passport for the documentation you should be fine.

Good Luck

n_dinesh
Newly Registered

Post by n_dinesh » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:24 pm

Thank you very much

Just for my understanding,can I use the same text as you have mentioned i.e "My name is long and all my financial documents have my shorter version as xxxx" an fill it up in Page 13 -> Further information besides updating 1.8 question i.e "If you are or have ever been known by any name or names apart from those mentioned above"

Thanks

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:28 pm

n_dinesh wrote:Thank you very much

Just for my understanding,can I use the same text as you have mentioned i.e "My name is long and all my financial documents have my shorter version as xxxx" an fill it up in Page 13 -> Further information besides updating 1.8 question i.e "If you are or have ever been known by any name or names apart from those mentioned above"

Thanks
Yes perfect... This is only so you have it all covered.

Good Luck