ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uemployed and out of UK for exactly 90 days (Tier 1 General)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maynarduk
Newly Registered

Uemployed and out of UK for exactly 90 days (Tier 1 General)

Post by maynarduk » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:29 pm

I am on Tier 1 General and will be eligible for ILR next July (2012). In one period I was out of the country for 90 days from 15 Dec 2008 to 15 March 2009 (including departure and arrival dates). It was meant to be for 2 weeks but I had to reschedule because of family issues back home. I was also unemployed at the time for about 6 months. Will this have any negative impact on my ILR application? Please advise what I need to do to avoid reseting the clock. Thanks.

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:47 pm

From my calculation if you include 15th of Dec and March then total days comes to 91 .....

but should NOT calculate departure and arrival date as out of country and if you do that then you are only 89 days ... so you should be fine...

Lets wait for some senior to validate it.

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:13 am

pkumar wrote:From my calculation if you include 15th of Dec and March then total days comes to 91 .....

but should NOT calculate departure and arrival date as out of country and if you do that then you are only 89 days ... so you should be fine...

Lets wait for some senior to validate it.
Days of departure and arrival are not counted in the total absences.