ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extra urgent advice needed for ILR visa (10-yr) please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aa1231aa
Newly Registered

Extra urgent advice needed for ILR visa (10-yr) please

Post by aa1231aa » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:02 am

Attempting to apply for an ILR visa on basis of 10-yr continuous stay in UK since 2/09/2001. Stay in UK had been covered throughout by entry clearance, student visas and two-yr PSW visa. Current PSW visa runs out in May'12. Filling out the SET(O) application form for ILR visa.

Trying to get acquainted with main details about eligibility, but before proceeding, there are grey areas i'm still encountering. Therefore would any expert here please kindly advise?

1) i did not have stamps on my passport when flying to my country and returning back to the UK in 2002. However, i recount having travelled back in June and returned to UK in September. Not sure of the exact dates though. Will the UKBA staff have on record this period of my absence from the UK and can i roughly estimate those dates in my application form?

2) My first student visa /entry clearance ran out on 31 Oct 2004, and the next student visa was issued on 17 Nov 2004. i recount having postmarked my application for the new visa before the old one ran out. However, i probably don't still keep paper records to prove this. i was in the UK throughout this period as a student. Again, will UKBA staff be in the position to have it clarified that i've been in the UK on a lawful basis? It's about 17 calender days not proved on the passport (but provable if UKBA keeps accurate records).

3) My second student visa ran out on 31 Dec 2005, and the next student visa was issued on 10 Jan 2006. Again, the same problem with 2) above. (About 10 calender days).

4) After my third student visa ran out, my 4th student visa was not attached to my passport, but for some reason a foreign resident identity card was issued to me in its place which covers the remaining period of lawful stay in UK as a student till i had to apply for a post-study work visa (at that stage student visas adopted a new scheme, ie. ID cards). After i was issued a post-study work visa, the ID card was returned to and retained by the UKBA. Do i still have to find proof from paper records that i was lawfully covered by this 4th student visa/foreign resident ID card? (i probably don't still keep any paper records of this though).

5) My post-study work visa, which is valid till May'12, was attached to my old passport, which had just run out this mth. Do i have to apply for transfer of this post-study work visa onto the newly issued passport before proceeding to apply for the ILR visa?

That's all to it to my queries, and with complementary gratitude i do appreciate any expert feedback.

Many thanks and kind regards,

kwan

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:17 am

Request SAR records to see what info they have on you.
No need to transfer leave/visa into new passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

aa1231aa
Newly Registered

Post by aa1231aa » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:25 am

Hi vinny,

many many thanks for your info!

kudos,

kwan