ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I still need to go to NARIC - SOS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Do I still need to go to NARIC - SOS

Post by Khurram545 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi Friends,

I am working in offshore office since 2006 , my employer is now planning to get me there. I have following

A. Valid Sponsorship Certificate.

B. Three years B.Sc. Degree

C. IELTS Test passed with 6.0 Band

please guide me

1 . Do I still need to get equivalence report from NARIC against my degree while I already have passed IELTS.

2. Do I need to get certificate from NARIC against IELTS , or it is sufficient itself.

3. if degree is matter of sponsor , than how visa authorities implement new law (Job must be a Graduate Job)

sorry , as Sponsor certificate already issued and I am already short of time , so thats why I mentioned SOS in title.

Thanks In Adv.
Khurram

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:06 am

Friends, Any Luck?
Khurram

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:31 am

Have you checked your degree through the online calculator?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

3. if degree is matter of sponsor , than how visa authorities implement new law (Job must be a Graduate Job)
As far as I understand, the job has to be a graduate level job - you dont need to be a graduate to do it.

Senior members would be in a better position to comment on this though.

The degree is good for English and stuff, but I guess with ILETS you'll be ok?
Last edited by silverchloride on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:35 am

silverchloride wrote:Have you checked your degree through the online calculator?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator
@silverchloride, thanks for response.

calculator is just for English skills for which I already have passed IELTS
Khurram

coolkat
Newly Registered

Post by coolkat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:42 pm

UKBA has a list of SOC codes. refer to your SOC code which was used to issue your COS. check this against UKBA list. if it says its degree level, its degree level. if not then not! simple.

Do an assessment in points calculator for both points for education and points for english language. while doing them, if you see the institute which awarded your degree, you will not need any NARIC certificate. if not, it does not hurt to get one.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:47 pm

coolkat wrote:UKBA has a list of SOC codes. refer to your SOC code which was used to issue your COS. check this against UKBA list. if it says its degree level, its degree level. if not then not! simple.

Do an assessment in points calculator for both points for education and points for english language. while doing them, if you see the institute which awarded your degree, you will not need any NARIC certificate. if not, it does not hurt to get one.
i think that's the latest one
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

2131 - 1. Skill level
All jobs in this occupation code are at or above NVQ or SVQ level 4.
Khurram

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:51 pm

From PBS , qualification calculations removed! it is just if you want to prove you taught in english else go for IELTS

also in latest VAF9 form , apex 5. there is no row to claim qualification

please see part 10 of

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... lledWorker
Khurram

coolkat
Newly Registered

Post by coolkat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:00 pm

Khurram545 wrote:From PBS , qualification calculations removed! it is just if you want to prove you taught in english else go for IELTS

please see part 10 of

use the calculator and do assessment as if you are applying for tier 1 general. you may not qualify but atleast you can see if the awarding body is in the llist.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:04 pm

coolkat wrote:
Khurram545 wrote:From PBS , qualification calculations removed! it is just if you want to prove you taught in english else go for IELTS

please see part 10 of

use the calculator and do assessment as if you are applying for tier 1 general. you may not qualify but atleast you can see if the awarding body is in the llist.
yes thats in list , with zero marks :(
Khurram

coolkat
Newly Registered

Post by coolkat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:09 pm

Khurram545 wrote:
coolkat wrote:

please see part 10 of

well read this: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

you can use IELTS to prove English language proficiency if your IELTS is newer than 2 years.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:13 pm

coolkat wrote:
Khurram545 wrote:
coolkat wrote:

please see part 10 of

well read this: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

you can use IELTS to prove English language proficiency if your IELTS is newer than 2 years.
yep!!! so NARIC role for TIER 2 limited to ENGLISH LANGUAGE claim from degree? and no more degree qualification points for TIER 2 at the moment?
Khurram

coolkat
Newly Registered

Post by coolkat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:23 pm

actually IELTS is the preferred way of demonstrating English language skills. If you have IELTS which is less than 2 years old at the time of application, use that!!

no need to show that your qualification was taught in english. As your qualification is being awarded 0 points for english language test in UKBA calculator, I dont think NARIC will certify the same at this point with ease.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:35 pm

coolkat wrote:actually IELTS is the preferred way of demonstrating English language skills. If you have IELTS which is less than 2 years old at the time of application, use that!!

no need to show that your qualification was taught in english. As your qualification is being awarded 0 points for english language test in UKBA calculator, I dont think NARIC will certify the same at this point with ease.

so you agree no need to go to NARIC for TIER in any case if have IELTS. (and job is SNV Q level 3)

btw , do you know what's minimum band for tier 2 skilled required ?
Khurram

coolkat
Newly Registered

Post by coolkat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:41 pm

I havent given much time regarding ur Job level and also u havent mentioned your IELTS certificate issue date. assuming it will still be less than 2 years when you post the application, yes, you dont need to prove english language proficiency in other way.

what band are you talking about? salary? IELTS?

also.. can you post the job title and SOC code used so that we may be able help better?

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:47 pm

coolkat wrote:I havent given much time regarding ur Job level and also u havent mentioned your IELTS certificate issue date. assuming it will still be less than 2 years when you post the application, yes, you dont need to prove english language proficiency in other way.

what band are you talking about? salary? IELTS?

also.. can you post the job title and SOC code used so that we may be able help better?
IELTS is 10 months old. Scored 6.0 (listening and reading was very nightmare :) )

Job role: Systems developer
Code :2132
1. Skill level
All jobs in this occupation code are at or above NVQ or SVQ level 4.

so need NARIC to prove SVQ level 4?
Khurram

coolkat
Newly Registered

Post by coolkat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:02 pm

english proficiency has nothing to do with job level. its a requirement for most categories of immigration either be it a student immigrating to do his bachelors/masters or an individual immigrating for work. its just to show that you can communicate with people here.

Workers immigrating can only fill the positions if the job is above the NVQ level. something like immigrant working in a store is NO NO as it doesn't require NVQ level skills. but a job only a person with higher skills can do needs a person with those skills. its up to the employer to check if you qualify for the job.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:25 pm

coolkat wrote:english proficiency has nothing to do with job level. its a requirement for most categories of immigration either be it a student immigrating to do his bachelors/masters or an individual immigrating for work. its just to show that you can communicate with people here.

Workers immigrating can only fill the positions if the job is above the NVQ level. something like immigrant working in a store is NO NO as it doesn't require NVQ level skills. but a job only a person with higher skills can do needs a person with those skills. its up to the employer to check if you qualify for the job.
I am working with employer's offshore setup since 2005. so we know each other and skill they need is fulfilled.
Khurram