ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payment Process diff between PEO Solihull to PEO Croydon

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gagsingh
Newly Registered

Payment Process diff between PEO Solihull to PEO Croydon

Post by gagsingh » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:51 am

Can someone please suggest if the payment process in solihull is different from Croydon.

I was reading in this forum that solihull first decide your case and then ask you to make a payment .

Please help as i have to decide between solihull and croydon for my nest week appointment.

slugmeister
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by slugmeister » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:56 am

Having been to both places to get ILR here's my experience.

At Croydon a PEO worker looked through my paperwork and asked me various questions. She found an irregularity and told me that my application could not be processed. I paid nothing and went home.

My understanding is that if there were no irregularities in my paperwork that I would pay the fee, then see a case worker who would determine whether or not I would get the visa.

When I went to Solihull a PEO worker did a cursory check of my paperwork (presumably to see if I filled in the correct bits). I then saw a case worker. She comprehensively wen through my paperwork. She told me I was approved. Then I paid.

Hope that helps.

gagsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gagsingh » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:44 am

slugmeister wrote:Having been to both places to get ILR here's my experience.

At Croydon a PEO worker looked through my paperwork and asked me various questions. She found an irregularity and told me that my application could not be processed. I paid nothing and went home.

My understanding is that if there were no irregularities in my paperwork that I would pay the fee, then see a case worker who would determine whether or not I would get the visa.

When I went to Solihull a PEO worker did a cursory check of my paperwork (presumably to see if I filled in the correct bits). I then saw a case worker. She comprehensively wen through my paperwork. She told me I was approved. Then I paid.

Hope that helps.

thanks for your advise ,is your experience is recent or in past 1-2months as i did call solihull to check for their procedure and they told that they will firt collect payment and then assign to cae worker..so bit confued.

slugmeister
BANNED
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by slugmeister » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:57 am

I went to Croydon in August 2010.

I went to Solihull in March 2011.

gagsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gagsingh » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:14 am

slugmeister wrote:I went to Croydon in August 2010.

I went to Solihull in March 2011.
Thanks slugmeister.........

It would be helpfull if others also share their experience..as this PEO is become a money making machine........

dimsav

Re: Payment Process diff between PEO Solihull to PEO Croydon

Post by dimsav » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:49 am

I obtained my ILR from PEO Solihull in July 2011. As others already mentioned here, I can confirm that they first do a very cursory check of your documents (before passing through a security gate), then a caseworker goes thoroughly through your application, and only afterwards the payment is taken. Then you have to wait for about 2 hours to collect your passports (of course, subject to OK status of your criminal records check, which they seem to do during this time as well).

gagsingh
Newly Registered

Re: Payment Process diff between PEO Solihull to PEO Croydon

Post by gagsingh » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:56 pm

dimsav wrote:I obtained my ILR from PEO Solihull in July 2011. As others already mentioned here, I can confirm that they first do a very cursory check of your documents (before passing through a security gate), then a caseworker goes thoroughly through your application, and only afterwards the payment is taken. Then you have to wait for about 2 hours to collect your passports (of course, subject to OK status of your criminal records check, which they seem to do during this time as well).

This information would be of great relief to people who have some doubts related to their application.........as in croydon they first take payment and then assign to the case worker.........so u are at the mercy of the case worker.......

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:35 pm

I went to croydon in oct 2010 and someone did do a cursory check on my application (e.g. verifying correct form used, checked wp records against their database) and then was asked to go to payment and then to caseworker.

i find it a touch difficult to believe that solihull PEO would make final decision on your application before taking payment. I think they just do a cursory check on application.

dimsav

Post by dimsav » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:24 pm

xyz123 wrote:...i find it a touch difficult to believe that solihull PEO would make final decision on your application before taking payment. I think they just do a cursory check on application.
NO. Believe it or not, but at PEO Solihull your case is properly processed first, and only then you proceed with the payment. This has already been noted by quite a few here. (Actually, this was the reason why I myself decided to go to Solihull and not to Croydon.) Of course, you cannot get any formal confirmation in advance, before you actually get your passport, except of some verbal assurance.

In may case (WP with dependant + over 18 child), I was literally told by a caseworker that our applications were okay and we should get our passports with ILRs in about 2 hours, provided checks of our criminal records being fine. And only then I was told to proceed with the payment and get back later. As these checks take some time, they make it after the payment. But as long as you think that your records are clean, you shouldn't then worry much about it... Hope this helps.

jami
Member of Standing

Post by jami » Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:38 pm

gagsingh,

your call to PEO to verify may lead to change of their practice.
In view of dozens of experience posted in this board any such calls are counter productive

gagsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gagsingh » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:27 pm

jami wrote:gagsingh,

your call to PEO to verify may lead to change of their practice.
In view of dozens of experience posted in this board any such calls are counter productive

i called them just to chek their procedure but did'nt compare with what others are doing on the call.