ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds - Less than 90 days

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Maintenance Funds - Less than 90 days

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:01 am

Hi Friends,

I used to keep cash with me as soon as salary credit to account, but last month I did deposit all savings (which is more than GPB 800) to bank have good bank statement but it was just 30 days old when balance raised up to that. any other solution to fulfill 90 days criteria. or anything else other than Bank statement which can help to claim this point

(Please note , unluckily sponsor ticked that he will not provide Maintenance and CoS issued)

if no and go with less than , so chance of rejection TIER 2 Skilled visa app ?
Khurram

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:29 am

It is a rule that you have to have held the money in your account for a continous period of 90 days. I unfortunately think it'd be a straight forward rejection. People even get into trouble when the money dips down for a few hours and there have been cases where those applications have been refused too.

Apart from the bank statement, you can use a number of ways to show that you have held the money. E.g. through a letter from your bank stating that you have held atleast XXX amount which is more than 800£ in your account for 90 days.

Why did'nt your employer tick 'certify maintainance'? Its pretty straight forward and they dont even have to pay anything since if we're in UK already we'd manage ourselves.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:38 am

silverchloride wrote:It is a rule that you have to have held the money in your account for a continous period of 90 days. I unfortunately think it'd be a straight forward rejection. People even get into trouble when the money dips down for a few hours and there have been cases where those applications have been refused too.

Apart from the bank statement, you can use a number of ways to show that you have held the money. E.g. through a letter from your bank stating that you have held atleast XXX amount which is more than 800£ in your account for 90 days.

Why did'nt your employer tick 'certify maintainance'? Its pretty straight forward and they dont even have to pay anything since if we're in UK already we'd manage ourselves.
you may say its my bad luck that employer did not check, they can do this without any objection , but now CoS issued it would be difficult for them to issue the certificate!

if simple statement from bank as you mentioned on bank's letter head provided , BA authorities has no way to validate it?
Khurram

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:45 am

Well, what they need to ensure is that you have had access to 800£ and held it for the period of three months (or 90 days).

The best option for you is to go to your bank and ask them to provide you a letter stating:

Your Name
Account Details
Bank Details/Logo/Numbers, etc

and a written undertaking by the manager stating that you have held the amount.

This would be verified by the UKBA by contacting the bank, etc. So I don't know how much details they ask for when they're conducting their verification checks.

Pray and hope something works out..

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:49 am

My cousin has same name of me , but we have different IDs :) can I use his account? i know it is fraud but have no other option to save CoS
Khurram

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:50 am

lol - yeah if you do it and get caught, you'd be banned for 10 years :P

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:51 am

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Khurram

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:52 am

Oh wait sorry - I know there are other options too. Pardon my ignorance..

Your cousin or someone from your family can also certify your maintainance. They have to provide written undertaking and other neccessary documents to prove it but I think thats the best option for you. Dont try to look into dodgy areas as you'd be putting your entire future at stake.

Forget your own account, get a relative whose held that amount (preferably more than that) in their account and ask them to support you.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:53 am

one guy suggested to have account details in back dates , i dont think so it is possible as now each and everything is computerized :evil: :evil:
Khurram

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:54 am

silverchloride wrote:Oh wait sorry - I know there are other options too. Pardon my ignorance..

Your cousin or someone from your family can also certify your maintainance. They have to provide written undertaking and other neccessary documents to prove it but I think thats the best option for you. Dont try to look into dodgy areas as you'd be putting your entire future at stake.

Forget your own account, get a relative whose held that amount (preferably more than that) in their account and ask them to support you.
friend, is there any link to confirm it?
Khurram

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:01 am

Sorry - No disregard that information. That would only work if it a joint account. A wild shot but see if you can become a joint account holder on an existing account?

Otherwise the only option I think you have is the letter. You are applying from outside the UK right?

iii) A letter from your bank or building society, or a letter from a financial institution regulated by the Financial Services Authority or, for overseas accounts, the home regulator (This is the official regulatory body for the country in which the institution operates and the funds are located) confirming funds and that they have been held for a consecutive 90 day period, ending no more than one calendar month before the date of application:
This letter must show:

your name;

your account number;

the date of the letter (which must be no more than one calendar month before the • date of the application);

the financial institution’s name and logo;
and the funds held in your account;

confirmation that funds of £800 have been in the bank for at least a 90 day • consecutive period on and before the date of the letter.

The letter must be dated no more than one calendar month before the date of application.

All statements must be on the bank’s letterhead/official stationery

We will not accept letters which show the balance in your account on a particular day as these documents do not show that you hold enough funds for the full period needed.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:10 am

Yep friend , I am applying from Islamabad, Pakistan!

I think once they get bank account detail , instead contact to that particular branch they have indirect to central banking system which provides actual history!

thats all my assumption..

friend any more info on NARIC?
Khurram

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:33 am

Maybe your sponsor can put a Sponsor note in your COS via Sponsorship Management System Explaining that they mistakenly unchecked "maintenance" bit, I'm not sure if this will work but its an option. You can check with UKBA though just to be sure :lol:

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:38 am

madona587 wrote:Maybe your sponsor can put a Sponsor note in your COS via Sponsorship Management System Explaining that they mistakenly unchecked "maintenance" bit, I'm not sure if this will work but its an option. You can check with UKBA though just to be sure :lol:
UKBA & NARIC both have typical bureaucratic attitude. they don't respond clearly..

feeling tired!!!
Khurram

coolkat
Newly Registered

Post by coolkat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:35 am

if some one else has funds in their account you can become a joint account holder now and get statements from bank. it should not take much time. ofcourse the person wiith money should believe you :D

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:41 am

coolkat wrote:if some one else has funds in their account you can become a joint account holder now and get statements from bank. it should not take much time. ofcourse the person wiith money should believe you :D
there should be many.. I don't need chk book and ATM card from him :D

BTW is it reliable ??? i mean if Visa Agencies come to know that I become the joint holder recently or will ask source of income for that amount , why joint account with lets say uncle / cousin ?
Khurram

coolkat
Newly Registered

Post by coolkat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:33 pm

I think it should be ok. this is the usual suggestion from the lawyers too. Also, it wont appear on the statements since when you have become the joint holder. atleast with lloyds.

PS: You dont need bank card and cheque book to withdraw money.. you can transfer money from joint account to ur personal account. just saying

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:37 pm

coolkat wrote:I think it should be ok. this is the usual suggestion from the lawyers too. Also, it wont appear on the statements since when you have become the joint holder. atleast with lloyds.

PS: You dont need bank card and cheque book to withdraw money.. you can transfer money from joint account to ur personal account. just saying
:twisted:

Thanks to all my indo-pak friends. I am little bit relaxed now after knowing there is a way!!!

now outstanding issue is

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=84749

NARIC , NARIC , NARIC....
Khurram

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:27 am

friends,

checked with banks in PK, they cant convert any existing account to joint account :'(
Khurram