ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query re: dependant birth certificates + biometrics

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Newly Registered

Query re: dependant birth certificates + biometrics

Post by 22246891 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:32 am

Dear members,

I am an old member who unfortunately lost his log-in details. I am due for ILR soon. In the process of preparing my documents I have stumbled across 2 issues and I would be extremely grateful for help and advice.

I am an HSMP JR after 6 April applicant. I will complete 5 years next month. On the Set (O) form I noticed

(1) Section 10A of the SET (0) - DOCUMENTS: Birth certificates of any dependants you listed in section 2 who were born in the UK

My wife had to travel back home to give birth to my daughter who is now almost 3 years old. Her birth certificate has been issued abroad not in English language. My question is, do I have to provide translated documents for the certificate? And why does it specify born in UK in the question

(2) Biometrics:

Neither I or my family were asked to provide biometrics when we applied for HSMP/Tier1. Two questions here:

i- Do I need to take my dependents with me to the appointment
ii- Will they need to take our biometrics?

Grateful for all help.

Newly Registered

Post by 22246891 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 am

:roll:

mk357
Member of Standing

Re: Query re: dependant birth certificates + biometrics

Post by mk357 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:04 am

22246891 wrote:Dear members,

I am an old member who unfortunately lost his log-in details. I am due for ILR soon. In the process of preparing my documents I have stumbled across 2 issues and I would be extremely grateful for help and advice.

I am an HSMP JR after 6 April applicant. I will complete 5 years next month. On the Set (O) form I noticed

(1) Section 10A of the SET (0) - DOCUMENTS: Birth certificates of any dependants you listed in section 2 who were born in the UK

My wife had to travel back home to give birth to my daughter who is now almost 3 years old. Her birth certificate has been issued abroad not in English language. My question is, do I have to provide translated documents for the certificate? And why does it specify born in UK in the question

(2) Biometrics:

Neither I or my family were asked to provide biometrics when we applied for HSMP/Tier1. Two questions here:

Grateful for all help.
IMHO you will have to provide the full birth certificate with English translation from a recognised UK translator, if she is included on you form. UK born children are entitled to (under Section 1(3) of the Nationality Act) British Citizenship once the parents are permanently settled here i.e. obtain ILR.
Biometrics are not required for ILR. Although the appointment text might say you have to bring family with you but not neccesarily required. However, please make sure when booking an appointment at PEO you do include them as well.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Query re: dependant birth certificates + biometrics

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:18 am

mk357 wrote:
22246891 wrote:Dear members,

(2) Biometrics:

Grateful for all help.
IMHO you will have to provide the full birth certificate with English translation from a recognised UK translator, if she is included on you form. UK born children are entitled to (under Section 1(3) of the Nationality Act) British Citizenship once the parents are permanently settled here i.e. obtain ILR.
Biometrics are not required for ILR. Although the appointment text might say you have to bring family with you but not neccesarily required. However, please make sure when booking an appointment at PEO you do include them as well.
the child was not born in the UK hence will not be entield to register under 1(3).

Newly Registered

Post by 22246891 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:59 pm

Thanks mk357 and Greenie. I will arrange translation for the certificates. I am aware my daughter is not eligable for naturalization as yet and will have to wait until next year.

Many thanks for your help.