ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice for a prospective student

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

muse54
Newly Registered

Advice for a prospective student

Post by muse54 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:41 am

Hi there

I got married in April in Pakistan and am curently in the process of putting together the paper work for my wife's visa.

I work at the moment but I have got a place at University to start at end of this september. It's highly unlikely now that she will get her visa before september.

Is it safe for me to leave work and become a student whilst the visa application is being looked at? I think the ECO will phone my work to confirm that I work for my company- for this reason I am afraid to leave work yet.

Can I sponsor my wife's visa as a student? I believe there is an income requirement of £105/week that I would have to meet, is that true even if I was a student?

Should my wife make the application whilse I am still working? Or make it when I am a student?

Should I leave work? or continue to work until my wife's visa is confirmed?

Any help with this would be really appreciated.

Thanks