ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1-General Age assessment

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mychochot
Newly Registered

Tier 1-General Age assessment

Post by mychochot » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:00 am

Hello

I am applying for my Tier 1 -General extension and have a question about the Age Assessment. When I applied for the first time in 2008 , I had claimed 10 points for my age(29).
From the Point based Calculator on the website when I was checking my eligibility criteria, I was given 10 points for my age(32).
However on the Application form, I am a bit confused(marked bold and underlined), it reads as below .Which box should I tick. Can you please help me with this . Many Thanks

G1. Please tick the relevant box to confirm the points claimed by the applicant on the
basis of his/her age at the date of application for the first grant of leave in the category.
Applications for leave to remain where the applicant has, or has had, leave as a Highly
Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1
(General) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, and has not been granted
leave in any categories other than these since 6 April 2010
Under 28 years of age 20 points
28 or 29 years of age 10 points
30 or 31 years of age 5 points

salmanzz

Post by salmanzz » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:24 pm

You will get same 10 points which you earned during first time. You need to choose 28 or 29 years of age 10 points

it clearly says age during

"date of application for the first grant of leave in the category"

mychochot
Newly Registered

Post by mychochot » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Thanks a lot .