ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change required in CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Change required in CoS

Post by Khurram545 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:36 am

Hi Friends,

When applying for sponsorship , my employer by mistake ticked that they will not support for Maintenance on form. Now CoS has been issue. Is it possible to modify the certificate for funds through SMS?

Will they need to re-generate CoS and will have to pay for it ?

if the re-generate CoS , how much time it will take?
Khurram

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:45 am

Depends on what your company is like. Usually the 'unrestricted' CoS can be issued instantly if the firm has quota. But in your case, they'd have to request for a 'restricted' CoS which is decided by the UKBA on a monthly basis. I think the meeting takes place at 11th of each month.

Since the number of people who can come to UK under the salary of 150,000£ is set at twenty thousand something, they decide these applications on the basis of a number of factors, etc.

Not quite sure though, you can double check with your employer. What does he say?

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:49 am

silverchloride wrote:Depends on what your company is like. Usually the 'unrestricted' CoS can be issued instantly if the firm has quota. But in your case, they'd have to request for a 'restricted' CoS which is decided by the UKBA on a monthly basis. I think the meeting takes place at 11th of each month.

Since the number of people who can come to UK under the salary of 150,000£ is set at twenty thousand something, they decide these applications on the basis of a number of factors, etc.

Not quite sure though, you can double check with your employer. What does he say?
Thanks, waiting for more info .. so will able contact to employer on some info basis
Khurram

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:08 am

You could put a sponsor note in the COS, But they say its only to be used when making small corrections. e.g: Spelling errors etc, If you call the home office they will guide you. My company put the wrong SOC code. We had to withdraw, Apply for a increase in COS, They granted it the next morning. Re-assigned. I got lucky.

I recommend you DO NOT WITHDRAW the COS but request for a increase in COS allocation and put down the reason. If they give you the new COS you can withdraw the old one and Assign the new one. However I'm not sure if UKBA will give u a NEW COS without withdrawing the used one. You still have to pay £175 for the COS. I wouldn't bother calling them cause different agents say different things. Best to email PBS.

Good luck.

If i were you I would also attach 3 months maintenance with my application just to be on the safe side.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:32 am

madona587 wrote:You could put a sponsor note in the COS, But they say its only to be used when making small corrections. e.g: Spelling errors etc, If you call the home office they will guide you. My company put the wrong SOC code. We had to withdraw, Apply for a increase in COS, They granted it the next morning. Re-assigned. I got lucky.

I recommend you DO NOT WITHDRAW the COS but request for a increase in COS allocation and put down the reason. If they give you the new COS you can withdraw the old one and Assign the new one. However I'm not sure if UKBA will give u a NEW COS without withdrawing the used one. You still have to pay £175 for the COS. I wouldn't bother calling them cause different agents say different things. Best to email PBS.

Good luck.

If i were you I would also attach 3 months maintenance with my application just to be on the safe side.

I made call to UKBA ....but the said we only support inside UK only , employer is currently busy with other stuff may be do in next week
Khurram

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:03 am

Sorry I just realized its a "Restricted COS" and out of country application. Do not withdraw the COS at all.. It's difficult to get a restricted COS.

Please speak to UKBA before making any decision. :)
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:15 am

madona587 wrote:Sorry I just realized its a "Restricted COS" and out of country application. Do not withdraw the COS at all.. It's difficult to get a restricted COS.

Please speak to UKBA before making any decision. :)
Going mad.... sharing with you friends.. sometime I think should withdraw from proposal and keep working in home land , please advice!!!
Khurram

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:52 pm

Partially, its your fault of not planning ahead and maintaining your bank balance if you were expecting to make an application for Tier 2 visa. Why has your employer been so careless as not not making you aware of all these things?

Just out of interest, what sort of time line are you looking at? When was the Certificate of Sponsorship issued and when is it going to expire? Perhaps wait until you complete the 90 period and then apply?

bastagol
Newly Registered

Post by bastagol » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:53 pm

Khurram545 wrote: Going mad.... sharing with you friends.. sometime I think should withdraw from proposal and keep working in home land , please advice!!!
Life here is very tough and for immigrants its getting worst. I am in this country for past 7 years and there are constant rule changes. Expenses are big if you are earning good salary home then stay with your family and take care of your parents who took care of you when you needed

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:31 am

silverchloride wrote:Partially, its your fault of not planning ahead and maintaining your bank balance if you were expecting to make an application for Tier 2 visa. Why has your employer been so careless as not not making you aware of all these things?

Just out of interest, what sort of time line are you looking at? When was the Certificate of Sponsorship issued and when is it going to expire? Perhaps wait until you complete the 90 period and then apply?
friend, it is very long story but in short, employer want me there since last sept. and due to some reasons (at their end) process was stopped and suddenly I was informed at end of Jul 2011 that Sponsorship application approved and I deposited the amount immediately. I had no choice to keep the amount to bank for whole long period since 2010 or spend on some urgent events. I my fault is less than 1%
Khurram

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:36 am

bastagol wrote:
Khurram545 wrote: Going mad.... sharing with you friends.. sometime I think should withdraw from proposal and keep working in home land , please advice!!!
Life here is very tough and for immigrants its getting worst. I am in this country for past 7 years and there are constant rule changes. Expenses are big if you are earning good salary home then stay with your family and take care of your parents who took care of you when you needed
You are right! , that's why I am confused , that nothing comparable to your homeland. I dont know from where you belong but I am from Pakistan and sometimes security become too much worse , 2nd in indo-pak , a person from medical class does not afford eduction of children higher eduction (what i feel for future) so there are two reasons that's why I accepted the offer. else nothing everyone know from PK-IND that you are king here...
Khurram

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:56 am

Khurram545 wrote: friend, it is very long story but in short, employer want me there since last sept. and due to some reasons (at their end) process was stopped and suddenly I was informed at end of Jul 2011 that Sponsorship application approved and I deposited the amount immediately. I had no choice to keep the amount to bank for whole long period since 2010 or spend on some urgent events. I my fault is less than 1%

See if your employer really wants you there, he would find a way to make it happen. I hope something works out for you :)