ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse working for US company?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JB1611
Newly Registered

Spouse working for US company?

Post by JB1611 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Apologies if this is in the wrong section of the forum, it's a fairly unique question so I thought I should put it here!

My partner and I are getting married soon, and she will (hopefully) be on a spousal FLR(m) visa by November (I am a British citizen).

She will be looking for a full-time graduate job starting in January, so that she can go home and visit her family for Christmas in December.

My question is: whilst she is looking for a full-time graduate job in the UK (in November for example), she has an offer to do computer work (from the UK) for a US company she has worked for before, her wages going into her US bank account. Is she allowed to do this? I think she would still pay US taxes as she still has healthcare cover over there (complicated, I know!)

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Is she in the UK on a visa at present? If so, what category?

JB1611
Newly Registered

Post by JB1611 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:07 pm

She's currently on a tier 4 student visa, which expires in Jan 2012, but we'll be applying for a FLR(m) sposual visa after our wedding in Sept.