ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR questions on Form set (O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pepper123
Newly Registered

ILR questions on Form set (O)

Post by pepper123 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:18 pm

I've just started looking over the paperwork for our ILR experience in January (I'm hoping to get most of this sorted well in advance so there's time to gather anything we lack).

My husband has a work permit, and I'm his dependant, so we are doing Form set O.

A few questions for anyone that might know the answer:

1. Do you need orginals of all P60s? We didn't get all of ours, and the employer told hubby to download a copy on line for missed ones. Perhaps we can get them stamped/signed or something. Or just get a letter from the taxman?

2. Do work permit holders have to fill in Section 9? It looked to me like we didn't, but someone on another board just told me we do. I imagine she is correct, but thought I'd doublecheck.

3. As to a letter from employer explaining work-related absences and that the rest are on paid leave consistent with annual entitlement: Is this necessary if you only have say 30 days or so of work-related absences and probably around 110 days of absences total in the past 5 years?

4. How exactly do you list days out of the country? For instance, you leave on the 5th and return on the 8th. On the departure and arrival dates you were in the country a partial day, so you only count the full days you were out -- meaning you'd count that trip as 2 days if they ask you in person at the PEO. But when you list on the form the dates of depature and return, you'd have writen 5-8, so would that look like a discrepency because that appears to be 4 days?

Also, I had planned to send hubby to Croydon to do this in person (I'll be staying home), but recently read that Solihull is a better experience. I looked it up on Traveline and couldn't believe that Solihull was actually about the same time by train from Reading as Croydon! Could that be right?

Also, is a Work Permit holder considered Tier 1?

I know that's a lot of questions, but my head is reeling trying to figure out this form and study for the test and take care of other general life issues, lol. Any help is appreciated. :)

polar

Re: ILR questions on Form set (O)

Post by polar » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:32 pm

pepper123 wrote:I've just started looking over the paperwork for our ILR experience in January (I'm hoping to get most of this sorted well in advance so there's time to gather anything we lack).

My husband has a work permit, and I'm his dependant, so we are doing Form set O.

A few questions for anyone that might know the answer:

1. Do you need orginals of all P60s? We didn't get all of ours, and the employer told hubby to download a copy on line for missed ones. Perhaps we can get them stamped/signed or something. Or just get a letter from the taxman?

Not sure on this one. But I remember you can ask the HMRC to send you a summary. Please correct me if I am wrong.

2. Do work permit holders have to fill in Section 9? It looked to me like we didn't, but someone on another board just told me we do. I imagine she is correct, but thought I'd doublecheck.

NO

3. As to a letter from employer explaining work-related absences and that the rest are on paid leave consistent with annual entitlement: Is this necessary if you only have say 30 days or so of work-related absences and probably around 110 days of absences total in the past 5 years?

It should be alright, you are in line with the regulations. No worry about that. You are within 180 days in total and less than 30 days in a single trip.

4. How exactly do you list days out of the country? For instance, you leave on the 5th and return on the 8th. On the departure and arrival dates you were in the country a partial day, so you only count the full days you were out -- meaning you'd count that trip as 2 days if they ask you in person at the PEO. But when you list on the form the dates of depature and return, you'd have writen 5-8, so would that look like a discrepency because that appears to be 4 days?

2 days

Also, I had planned to send hubby to Croydon to do this in person (I'll be staying home), but recently read that Solihull is a better experience. I looked it up on Traveline and couldn't believe that Solihull was actually about the same time by train from Reading as Croydon! Could that be right?

Also, is a Work Permit holder considered Tier 1?

No

I know that's a lot of questions, but my head is reeling trying to figure out this form and study for the test and take care of other general life issues, lol. Any help is appreciated. :)
I think your case is straight forward. No need to worry too much ^___^

pepper123
Newly Registered

Post by pepper123 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:12 pm

polar wrote:

It should be alright, you are in line with the regulations. No worry about that. You are within 180 days in total and less than 30 days in a single trip.

Thanks so much! But to clarify, we do have one trip so far this year with 31 days. Is that a problem???

It is not work related -- hubby is helping his mother before/after surgery and is there right now, and will return for a similar length of time later this year for a second surgery. I counted these days in my total of about 110 days that we'll have by the time our Work Permit is up. However, he is still paid by work while he is there and will do some work-related things while there. He's a lecturer, and the schedules/time in the office is flexible for him this summer and fall.

His days there, though, do include 3 days that are work related -- he was going to have to fly to the States for these three days, but since he is already there at his Mom's he will fly to the event to/from her place. I wasn't going to try to clarify this in the ILR docs and was going to just put it all as one personal trip, but if having more than 30 days is a problem...

polar

Post by polar » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:45 pm

pepper123 wrote:
polar wrote:

Thanks so much! But to clarify, we do have one trip so far this year with 31 days. Is that a problem???

It is not work related -- hubby is helping his mother before/after surgery and is there right now, and will return for a similar length of time later this year for a second surgery. I counted these days in my total of about 110 days that we'll have by the time our Work Permit is up. However, he is still paid by work while he is there and will do some work-related things while there. He's a lecturer, and the schedules/time in the office is flexible for him this summer and fall.

His days there, though, do include 3 days that are work related -- he was going to have to fly to the States for these three days, but since he is already there at his Mom's he will fly to the event to/from her place. I wasn't going to try to clarify this in the ILR docs and was going to just put it all as one personal trip, but if having more than 30 days is a problem...
If you have no single absence more than 90 days, it would be no problem. ^___^