ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa for Mother under 65 years

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doc123
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa for Mother under 65 years

Post by doc123 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:50 pm

Hallo,

I would appreciate advice about applying for dependent visa for my Mom. She is 62 years old and retired about 2 years ago as a teacher in India. She is living at present with me on a visitor visa and goes back to India every six months. She is completely dependent on us here and we do not have any relatives in India. I have ILR and my sister is a UK citizen, we do not have ay other siblings. I would like to know:

1. Can I apply for dependent visa for my Mom citing exceptional circumstances even though she is not 65 as yet

2. Can I make the application in UK instead of back home in India

3. Can anyone suggest a good immigration lawyer for such a case.

Thanks a lot

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:43 am

She could get dependent visa, as she has met all criteria except she is not financially dependent on you/your sister. www.ukvisas.gov.uk explains in detail on this (family visit section)