ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

realhope

Post by realhope » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:16 pm

catch_hunter wrote:I am currently on stamp-4 valid for next 2 years.

I got my LTR approval letter yesterday after 9 months (applied Dec 2010). Now, they have asked me to deposit €500 in next 28 days.

I am not sure if I should pay or wait for the naturalisation (applied Dec 2010) to come.

In case I pay €500 for the LTR and go for GNIB renewal, probably I will be sent back to come after 2 years when my current GNIB card will be expiring to get a stamp for 3 years from then. So, what is the benefit?

Some people reckon if I take the LTR it speeds up the naturalisation process though there is no concrete evidence for that.

Please let me know anybody has any idea.

Thanks in advance!
congrats, i agree with the the above
can i ask you, why did it take such a long time for LTR( 9 months) is this normal? the INIS website says 6 months for LTR. did they request any additional documents from you.i.e. work letter/payslips/bank statments
many thanks
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

southdubliner

Birth Certificate for Passport

Post by southdubliner » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:53 pm

Hi to all..I have a little query and want to get you guys' opinion. I've submitted Birth Cert(not so called long form one) along with certified english translation for naturalization. Now I got it approved and they didn't ask for any affidavit so i presume my birth cert was acceptable for DOJ. I heard of late from few friends that Passport office is insisting on Long form Birth cert...Can any one please advice what should I do? Should I just submit the one I do have or get Long form One from my home country( I even dont know whether my country issue it or not). Thanks

Naija

Post by Naija » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:11 am

Hi everyone...

They are just clearing the backload from all sides as it was clearly stated in his first speech for changing naturalisation waiting time, that priority groups to be given irish citizenships will be the ones that already have LTR and who are spouses of Irish citizens as they have passed through all those garda and social welfare checks.The year when you applied is not of great importance as some people from 2008 or 2009 are still waiting for their decision,while my parents who both applied in 2010 (beginning and mid of the year, respectfuly) have had their applications approved at very beginning of july and recieved their certificates on the 28th of last month.Sent for passports same day with applications returned due to not having correct documents as they asked for additional documents.So they'll sort it after holidays.Its not fair at times,but i guess,we all have to pray our own comes soon.Im still running after postman every day. :) Good luck to all who are waiting and congratulations to all who got it. :D

Naija

Re: Birth Certificate for Passport

Post by Naija » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:29 am

[quote="southdubliner"]Hi to all..I have a little query and want to get you guys' opinion. I've submitted Birth Cert(not so called long form one) along with certified english translation for naturalization. Now I got it approved and they didn't ask for any affidavit so i presume my birth cert was acceptable for DOJ. I heard of late from few friends that Passport office is insisting on Long form Birth cert...Can any one please advice what should I do? Should I just submit the one I do have or get Long form One from my home country( I even dont know whether my country issue it or not). Thanks[/quote]

My parents have just applied for passport last month (by express post)after getting naturalised and the application was returned on basis of being incomplete and they sent a letter of what they want from you when applying for passport,so i rang them,just to confirm what they wrote in a letter and they stated-STRICTLY long form birth certificate with english translation,certificate of naturalisation,application form filled out and stamped by gardai personel for their section there in application,passport size photos,two signed on the back and three additonal groups of documents in order to prove address and a name and additonal form of photo identity document.That is required by first time applicants for irish passports and the ones who lost their existing ones.You can go to passport office website and click on link -First time adult applicants/Lost and stolen ones on left hand side.Its all there in detail and they will accept it that way and no other one.They are kind,but rules are rules. Sorry if my answer was long,but its just to help you to avoid application being returned. Good luck.:)

monte

Post by monte » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:28 am

We only heard of two approvals this week, that's disappointing, i guess the train isn't moving the fast, although there's 5 wks before the ceremony.

AUCK

Post by AUCK » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:44 pm

does anyone read this

"We have also been informed by the Citizenship Section that it is the aim to have all applications submitted by :roll: September 2012 :oops: determined within a six month period."

http://brophysolicitorsimmigration.blog ... ction.html

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:18 pm

we all know minster want to clear the backload of 14000 approx application.these application will be clear till next spring.fine gael come to power in march 2011. minister already clear around approx 5500 application till june 2011.if you work out the figures they already have more than 10000 approx application clear so far within six months finegael in power.(dont forget spring holidays for staffs etc)i think this figure is much apprected.so we hopefully if think positive around 10000 application will be clear till march 2012. my friends our turn will be come soon just pray.

justcurious
Newly Registered

Post by justcurious » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:39 pm

Naija wrote:
southdubliner wrote:Hi to all..I have a little query and want to get you guys' opinion. I've submitted Birth Cert(not so called long form one) along with certified english translation for naturalization. Now I got it approved and they didn't ask for any affidavit so i presume my birth cert was acceptable for DOJ. I heard of late from few friends that Passport office is insisting on Long form Birth cert...Can any one please advice what should I do? Should I just submit the one I do have or get Long form One from my home country( I even dont know whether my country issue it or not). Thanks
My parents have just applied for passport last month (by express post)after getting naturalised and the application was returned on basis of being incomplete and they sent a letter of what they want from you when applying for passport,so i rang them,just to confirm what they wrote in a letter and they stated-STRICTLY long form birth certificate with english translation,certificate of naturalisation,application form filled out and stamped by gardai personel for their section there in application,passport size photos,two signed on the back and three additonal groups of documents in order to prove address and a name and additonal form of photo identity document.That is required by first time applicants for irish passports and the ones who lost their existing ones.You can go to passport office website and click on link -First time adult applicants/Lost and stolen ones on left hand side.Its all there in detail and they will accept it that way and no other one.They are kind,but rules are rules. Sorry if my answer was long,but its just to help you to avoid application being returned. Good luck.:)
To add to this, my story is different.
I submitted my Birth cert from back home and certified translation for Naturalisation in 2009 and that was accepted, No further document were requested.
I was recently approved and applied for Passport, however my application was returned that they wanted my embassy to attest my birth cert and few more documents as mentioned above for first application.
I didn't get my birth cert attest and sent my application back with same cert and with extra documents they wanted, and it was approved. Have my passport now.
so every case is different.
Good luck.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:49 pm

justcurious can you please share your experience when you apply for irish citizenship etc ?

justcurious
Newly Registered

Post by justcurious » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:51 pm

IQU wrote:justcurious can you please share your experience when you apply for irish citizenship etc ?
It is all on the forum.
Applied in Jan 2009, approved in Jul 2011.
No document requested.

dublintogalway

Post by dublintogalway » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:56 pm

southdubliner wrote:Hi to all..I have a little query and want to get you guys' opinion. I've submitted Birth Cert(not so called long form one) along with certified english translation for naturalization. Now I got it approved and they didn't ask for any affidavit so i presume my birth cert was acceptable for DOJ. I heard of late from few friends that Passport office is insisting on Long form Birth cert...Can any one please advice what should I do? Should I just submit the one I do have or get Long form One from my home country( I even dont know whether my country issue it or not). Thanks
Hi ,
I had submitted the following documents for my passport application:-

Passport application form which is witnessed and signed by Garda.
(applicant should sign the form in front of garda on application form)
Four photographs, two of which are signed by Garda.
The original birth certificate(it was not in long form and it was laminated.Original certified translation as my Birth certificate is not in English. ( they don't accept photocopy of these documents)
I had also sent the copy of birth affidavit which I submitted to INIS for my citizenship application as my original birth certificate was not in the long form( It was returned to me with my other original documents and it was marked as not requested and no required on the returned document)
The original marriage certificate.
Original certificate of naturalsation issued by Minister of Justice, Law and reform( it was laminated)
Photocopy of Irish driver License ( I was submitting original but lady in anpost counter[passport express] said photocopy is accepted)
Original Bank Statement.
Original Electricity Bill.

I am still waiting for my passport and hope to get next week. I had issue with laminated birth certificate and CON. They sent me a letter to send these documents without lamination as it was told to me that it is not the policy of passport office to accept laminated documents.I was pissed off but i explained the lady on phone that i can't produce documents without laminations and I don't have any other copy of original documents.I also explained that laminated CON was issued by INIS and it should be accepted. It was finally accepted by lady on phone and now passport will be issued soon. This is just my personal experience from passport office, but it might be ok for laminated documents with other guys..
cheers

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:46 pm

congrat

modehij
Newly Registered

Waiting

Post by modehij » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:25 am

Hi EVERYBODY,Can anybody answer my query please...... I am working full time since 2001 and i have 2 Irish citizen children living with me. 2 years ago they went to my home country for holidays for 2 months, but they didn't came from their till 11 months. for some medical reason. I stop their child benefit immediately when they left the country. last year MAY 2010 they come back to Ireland. so i applied for their child benefit , i am writing letters and school letters and after 14 month i received big sum deposited in my account.

now the real question with this big sum figure i was submitted my bank statement, pay slips, P21,letter from the company that i am working with them since 2001 full time,letter from the social welfare office of NO claim and my latest LTR which i got it in may 2011. i send these all documents on 26 june 2011.

Applied Date JAN 2009
Acknowledge JAN 2009

Till now they didnt ask anything just they send me acknowledge letters they send me that they received my correspondence. All my friend applied after me they all got it, i am the only one in my friend circle still waiting. please do help me to suggest what will be my next step. please do write what you think because big sum in my bank statement they stop my application or what????????????????????????????????????????

fatty patty

Re: Waiting

Post by fatty patty » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:53 am

modehij wrote:Hi EVERYBODY,Can anybody answer my query please...... I am working full time since 2001 and i have 2 Irish citizen children living with me. 2 years ago they went to my home country for holidays for 2 months, but they didn't came from their till 11 months. for some medical reason. I stop their child benefit immediately when they left the country. last year MAY 2010 they come back to Ireland. so i applied for their child benefit , i am writing letters and school letters and after 14 month i received big sum deposited in my account.

now the real question with this big sum figure i was submitted my bank statement, pay slips, P21,letter from the company that i am working with them since 2001 full time,letter from the social welfare office of NO claim and my latest LTR which i got it in may 2011. i send these all documents on 26 june 2011.

Applied Date JAN 2009
Acknowledge JAN 2009

Till now they didnt ask anything just they send me acknowledge letters they send me that they received my correspondence. All my friend applied after me they all got it, i am the only one in my friend circle still waiting. please do help me to suggest what will be my next step. please do write what you think because big sum in my bank statement they stop my application or what????????????????????????????????????????
Receiving child benefit does not affect application for naturalisation, its an automatic payment and not means tested at all, any one from earning nothing to earning millions gets it. Also you did the right thing that you stopped when children left and started when came back so i dont think its a big issue.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:37 pm

JUST A QUESTION GUYS REGARDING GETTING THE PASSPORT AFTER NATURALIZATION,
SHOULD I AUTHENTICATE MY ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE FROM MY HOME COUNTRY EMBASSY HERE IN DUBLIN?

THERE NOTHING MENTIONED LIKE THAT IN THE PASSPORT OFFICE WEBSITE, BUT SOME POSTERS HERE SAID THAT THEY DID?

DOES ANYONE SUBMITT HIS APPLICATION WITHOUT AUTHENTICATING HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE AND GOT THE PASSPORT?
peace on you

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:45 pm

yes ofcourse you can apply for irish passport without apostile stamp.

modehij
Newly Registered

Did you

Post by modehij » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:02 pm

ribak wrote:I'm waiting since March 2009 and no answer so far, I tried number of times to get through the line last week, but the line wasn't working. Did anyone else tried to call them recently?

Dear friend you got the approval or still waiting

BANDAR

Post by BANDAR » Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:00 pm

any new news fro m my dear freinds/?

IRLIN
Newly Registered

Post by IRLIN » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:45 am

modehij wrote:Hi EVERYBODY,Can anybody answer my query please...... I am working full time since 2001 and i have 2 Irish citizen children living with me. 2 years ago they went to my home country for holidays for 2 months, but they didn't came from their till 11 months. for some medical reason. I stop their child benefit immediately when they left the country. last year MAY 2010 they come back to Ireland. so i applied for their child benefit , i am writing letters and school letters and after 14 month i received big sum deposited in my account.

Applied Date JAN 2009
Acknowledge JAN 2009

Same here, I think it's all random game, may be depends on persons in their to deal with idividuals. some getting earlier than other no matter with order.(present situation it's like first come first serve ignoring old ones).

modehij
Newly Registered

Post by modehij » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:16 am

IRLIN wrote:

Applied Date JAN 2009
Acknowledge JAN 2009

Same here, I think it's all random game, may be depends on persons in their to deal with idividuals. some getting earlier than other no matter with order.(present situation it's like first come first serve ignoring old ones).

Yes my friend it is frustration to us,while we are working all along 11 years and we are still waiting, my friends who got it they were on unemployment benefits and alot different benefits, few of them need to pay to the banks in 1000s of euros to the bank,they take big loan and now they are not pay a single cent as they are not working from last 20 months, they got their approval without asking them to submit additional documents, i am happy for them,but i feel myself very bad. anyway we might lose the battle but war still not over for us. best of luck to everybody who are waiting........ for next approvals as train start moving again......

mikado
Newly Registered

Post by mikado » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:21 pm

APPLICATIONS FOR 2010 ARE IN FINAL STAGES NOW- 2011 WILL START TO COMMENCE FURTHER PROCESSING- Trust MIKADO because MIKADO knows !!

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:52 pm

mikado so you also know people who are waiting from last 1 month.when they going to get knowedlment letter.when june/july 2011 going to get approval.what about the people who are still waiting from 2007-2010 .what about them???????? i feel sorry for people who still waiting from 2007 no respone yet.i can imagine its frustating them.we can just pray nothing else.but one thing still good this govt doing better compare to previous govt.where every body was waiting more than 2_5 year. mikado know everything mikado?????? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:

Naija

Post by Naija » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:29 pm

[quote="mikado"]APPLICATIONS FOR 2010 ARE IN FINAL STAGES NOW- 2011 WILL START TO COMMENCE FURTHER PROCESSING- Trust MIKADO because MIKADO knows !![/quote]

Em i was just wondering where did you get that information? I know as well as the rest of us do,that there are people all the way from 2008 or 2009 still waiting to get approval of naturalisation,talkless of people who applied last year or this year?I know there are no rules at all and they are clearing the backload from all sides,but if that is the case what you are saying,then i'll be very happy,like rest of us here who dont have it yet..From your mouth to God's ears. :)

dublintogalway

got passport today

Post by dublintogalway » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:51 pm

hi guys,

i got passport today. my timelines are below:-
applied for naturalisation and LTR in april 2010.
acknowledgement received in may 2010.
LTR approved in march 2011.
naturalisation approved in june 2011.
Never requested any additional document.
I had sent them my updated documents ( P21,P60 and new GNIB copy in jan,2011).
I had 2 penalty points for driving without seat belt and no social welfare claim.
Thanks guys for your support and i will be active on this forum as still i have to get naturalisation approval for spouse and child:)
cheers

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:26 pm

woh so that great news you got your passport today.congrats approx 14 months processing time not too bad.good luck for future