ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residency requirements (student+psw+EEA2)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

10 years long residency requirements (student+psw+EEA2)

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:31 pm

Hi All,

I want to make an application for ILR on the basis of 10 years long residency.

I spent 5 years on student ,2 years on psw(post study work) work-permit and 3 years on EEA2(european family member visa).
so I want to know that which supporting documents I need to submitt.
Thank you so much for your help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:26 pm

2.3.8 Time spent in the UK with a right to reside under the EEA Regulation

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

imraniqbal2010
Member of Standing

Post by imraniqbal2010 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:51 pm

Lucapooka wrote:2.3.8 Time spent in the UK with a right to reside under the EEA Regulation

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary
Do i need to send passport of my eea partner as well and what other documents.
Thnx

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:15 pm

The guidance seems to indicate that this is a discretionary grant that would be given to those who, for some reason, were unable to qualify to permanent residence under the EU/EEA rules or had retained a right of residence. I don't know if you you qualify on that basis as you can still continue with your current status until you complete five years. If your relationship was ending then it would be a different matter.

If, indeed you are eligible, then it seems reasonable that you have to prove that you have remained in the UK legally during your time under EU/EEA rules, and perhaps that could only be confirmed with the help and supporting documents of your EU/EEA partner.

Pay

EEA and ILR 10 Years

Post by Pay » Mon May 13, 2013 6:51 pm

Any Updates guys , any luck do you have to show your relationship is ending ? what do I have to do ?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon May 13, 2013 7:54 pm

Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Pay

EEA and ILR 10 Years

Post by Pay » Mon May 13, 2013 8:03 pm

shaz thank you so much for your reply , It is a confusing matter and i have seen so many post regarding the case but not a single one to say yes part of ILR 10 years I had EEA and they accepted it , I came a cross if you can not stay 5 years under EEa and can not get your PR under EEA then UKBA would exercise discretion otherwise very unlikely , my partner works full time and exercise her treaty right and I can prove it very easy . I just don't want to wait another 4 years for PR when I already been here 10 years . please mention if you know any case that was successful or how would i have to defend my case.

Many thanks