ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLRM premium service progress today

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gnpg

FLRM premium service progress today

Post by gnpg » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:59 pm

Hi everyone, just wanted to report as to how the FLRM premium service for me is going on at the moment.

I made my appointment online about 2 weeks ago.

8.55am: Me & my husband arrived at Croydon PEO for our 9.20am appointment.
9.25am:Got to our window on 2nd floor after security check, document check on ground floor & payment on 1st floor
9.45am: After initial check of documents we were sent to wait for bio enrolment. There was an announcement about the bio enrolment machine not working properly.
10.25am: finger prints & photo done in 2 min.
11.30am: Turned in documents for consideration, was asked to return in 1.5 hours while she inputted/ made copies.
12.45pm: We returned after lunch, and was asked to wait longer.
2.20pm: After our officer in charge came back from her lunch break we were told we had a choice, take our documents and resubmit, or leave my passport there and it will be posted back once the bio enrolment info was received. They had no idea when it will be fixed, now that it is bank holiday weekend they will not do anything till least Tuesday.

Loads of other individuals/ couples left without a visa today due to the machine failure. All the people at the PEO were helpful & patient, we were given a letter & receipt of our application, told we did not need any more documents, but it was indeed frustrating to have spent 5.5 hours there to be told the machine isn't working properly.

Reminds me of the London tube system...:/

Fingers crossed my visa will be posted to me next week!