ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long it takes to get the reply from First Tribunal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali0123
Newly Registered

How long it takes to get the reply from First Tribunal

Post by ali0123 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:10 pm

Hi All,
I applied for discretionary leave which was refused. I then appealed against the refusal in First Tribunal. We had a 5 hours long court hearing on 29th of July, 2011. We were informed by judge that we would get a decision in 2-3 weeks. Its almost 7 weeks now but we haven't heard anything from the court. My representative haven't heard anything either.

My solicitor have contacted the court and was told that a decision hasn't been made yet. I just wanted to get an idea from you guys whether its normal or not ? Because on their website, it says that decision is usually made within 28 working days.

Looking forward to your suggestion.

Kind Regards
Ali

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:14 am

The only thing is to wait.But 7 weeks is a very long time.It normally takes 2 weeks.

ali0123
Newly Registered

Post by ali0123 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:18 am

Thanks for replying. Do you think it could be due to holidays period ?

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:46 pm

I think your case might have been complicated considering you spent 5 hours in court.The judge needs time to read through his or her notes and write his/her determination.

I don't think the judge was on holiday if he or she was the court might have informed you.

I was in and out of court in 2 hours and my determination came in 6 days after the hearing.

You could phone the court every week and find out whats happening.Once your appeal is allowed and UKBA are not appealing be prepared to wait for at least 3 months for your status documents to be processed.

ali0123
Newly Registered

Post by ali0123 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:41 am

Still no reply from court. My solicitor have contacted them and was told that judge is preparing the case. Any ideas ?

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:20 am

Do you know the appeal ref number?I would personally call the courts number and find out whats happening.

Don't rely too much on the solicitor to make the calls.