ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sanjay397
Newly Registered

ecvd ILR today

Post by sanjay397 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:19 am

Dear all, i am happy to tell you the good news, rcvd my ILR today for me, my wife and my son (total three)

In summary,

Category: Set(O)-straightforward Work Permit..5year with one employer only
Application Posted: 4th june 2011
Money Taken: 2nd june 2011 by internet
Acknowlegment Letter Received: 9th june 2011
ILR Stamped on Passport: 9th august 2011 (Almost 2 months after posting) in Liverpool
Passports Received: 19th August 2011 (9 days after being stamped)

Thanks all, who have shared there experinces on this forumn, they was all useful in filling my application. ':lol:' ':lol:'

jah79

SET (M)

Post by jah79 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:55 am

05 August - Check-in service
09 August - Received at UKBA
12 August - Payment transaction created
15 August - Payment taken from account

Not received any email or letter from them acknowledging anything. And I need the letter urgently for my umbrella company before they will pay me again!

Is it normal to not have acknowledgement letter thru post 10 days after they have received application? I need that letter quick!

Thanks!

learningzone
Newly Registered

Post by learningzone » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:07 pm

Congrats Demsol....I am still awaiting my ILR...its been really tough as I could not take my children on any vacation. I called up the home office twice and they told me that my application is still awaiting a decision. I posted my appplication on 29th April and its been really a long wait!!! \hopefully I should expect something at least by end of next week........

chintaalfa
Newly Registered

Re: ILR-Success

Post by chintaalfa » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:00 am

chintaalfa wrote:Hi Guys

My lawyer informs me that MY ILR has been granted

Applied 25 May

Ack letter date 31 May

Passport arrived at lawyer on 17th August

Stamping date 2nd August

Many thanks and good luck with your applications

I will update you all tommorow when i see the date of stamping

naz80
Newly Registered

Re: ILR-Success

Post by naz80 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:41 am

chintaalfa wrote:
chintaalfa wrote:Hi Guys

My lawyer informs me that MY ILR has been granted

Applied 25 May

Ack letter date 31 May

Passport arrived at lawyer on 17th August

Stamping date 2nd August

Many thanks and good luck with your applications

I will update you all tommorow when i see the date of stamping
Hi Congrats,

I have applied for ILR and they recieved my case on 18th August 2011.

So the waiting game starts.

Naz

jah79

Re: SET (M)

Post by jah79 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:00 am

jah79 wrote:05 August - Check-in service
09 August - Received at UKBA
12 August - Payment transaction created
15 August - Payment taken from account

Not received any email or letter from them acknowledging anything. And I need the letter urgently for my umbrella company before they will pay me again!

Is it normal to not have acknowledgement letter thru post 10 days after they have received application? I need that letter quick!

Thanks!
And then the letter arrived yesterday, awesome!

Hauzen
Newly Registered

Post by Hauzen » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:20 pm

demsol wrote:Just to let you know that even though we were told on two different ocassions (last week and this week) that our application was till awaiting a decision, it might have been approved but not updated on the HO records. This may lighten up the mood of those who applied at the same time but still waiting. For others, it will surely come even though it tarries!
That's what I'm hoping too! Wife's application is now over 17 weeks, called for an update yesterday and was told it was still awaiting a decision (same script as when I called just after 14 weeks).

tommyjo
Newly Registered

Post by tommyjo » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:49 pm

received wifes ILR today :D

sent application 9th June
letter of acknowledgement dated 10th June
requested my passport back on 2nd August (British Citizen) - not wifes passport as she was applying for ILR not me.
received passport back on 5th August.
Received all documents and ILR 20 August.
ILR was stamped 5th August in Liverpool.

so roughly 10 weeks from start to finish :shock: :D

Daisydee
Newly Registered

Set (M)

Post by Daisydee » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Woohooo..Received my documents and ILR stamped passport today.The timelines were:
Application Submitted : 25th May 2011 (Online application)
Acknowledgement date: 1st June 2011
ILR stamp date: 3rd August 2011
ILR received : 18th August 2011
All the best to all of you waiting and thank you all very much for sharing your experiences.It helped a lot during this long 12 week wait.

hopefulme
Newly Registered

Set (O) Application

Post by hopefulme » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:59 am

Hi Guys
Summary: I got my ILR! Thanks everybody all the help i got from this forum, so I am obliged to post my experience if it may help anyone.

Detail:

Applied for ILR (HSMP SET (O) ) on 31 July 2011, I had travel plans for end of August and was expecting to receive passport in two weeks as it happend three years ago when i applied for HSMP extension.

Payment was not taken for 4 days so I got concerned and checked on internet, came across this forum and found out that its taking 12 weeks on average. I got very very concerned because i had kind of emergency travel plan to travel by end of august.

I decided to withdraw application and apply at PEO. I phoned them and requested to return my application and passports. The call centre lady was very helpful and polite but she said application is not in the system yet, she is creating the note and it will be returned. She told that she can not guarantee that payment will not be taken but she expects it will not be taken now since i have decided to withdraw at very early stage.

Payment taken from card (4th of august 2011)

I called again on 09th august 2011 and asked if my application has been sent back yet? She checked in system and told that application is in system now but no action has been taken regarding withdrawl of application. I can send a fax to them asking for return of application.

Also booked first available PEO appointment online.

09 august - i sent a fax asking them to return the application.

11 august - received the application back.
18 august - Got appointment reminders by email and by sms.
19 august - went to PEO at birmingham - Passed through airport style security checks. Everyone was polite but very serious expressions on their faces. I tried to smile to couple of people from staff but no one returned smile. Went to waiting area and sat down there with 4 other people. My turn came in 2 min, went to the window inside a different room. A lady sitting there with same serious expressions on face, smiled at her but no reply. She asked my application form with a very polite tone with same serious expressions. She went inside for checks, returned in 5 minutes, went once again for 2 min, then came and started asking documents one by one. I promptly provided all required documents. Then she asked me to go to other window for payment. I had sigh of relief as I read on this forum they ask payment only if application is going to be processed. I went to payment window and paid by debit card, got receipt and returned back to the first window. She told me that i can go to have lunch and return back in 2 hours as it will take sometime to enter details in the system. I told her my office is at ten minutes drive, i can go back to work and will come again in about 4 hours time. She smiled for the first time and said i can leave my phone number, someone will call me when application is ready to collect.
After two hours i got a call from withheld id, received eagerly, as expected, gentleman told my passport is ready for collection. I could not wait to collect it, drove to their office straight away and collected much awaited ILR stamped passport.

I am so happy and wish everyone best of luck who are waiting. I had to pay processing fee twice but i am happy to have passport back well in time for my travel. I think it is worth paying extra if you can not wait for postal application timelines.

A quick note for who are going to PEO birmingham (solihulll), PEO is located in a row of offices opposite to shops on the other side of the road. There is no signboard on main station road so if you are following satnav, where your satnav shows the destination you can not turn toward the ofice from that place, you have turn to road just before the office block. There is another UKBA office which also 41 number but on the road parallel to station road. That UKBA office is not PEO, thats for something else. It took me about 20 minutes to find the office so i want to give as many details as possible for anyone going to solihull PEO.

All the best to everyone waiting for their ILR and thanks all of you once again for the help.

saintly
Newly Registered

Post by saintly » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:41 am

HI

I am a regular visiter of this forum and is very useful and I have used many of the tips available in this forum while applying mine. the details are

ILR 5 year WP + 3 dependents
Documents sent
Life in the UK pass letter for me and my wife
Letter from employer (working with same employer for 5 years)
3 months online payslips counter signed by my HR rep.
5 year P60s, 2 of them copies sinces I lost the originals and counter signed by my HR rep
6 months bank statements, since opted for online statements I have requested my bank to provide the orginals for the last 6 motnhs and they gave me in continuous pages
14 other letters in the form of banks statements and concil tax bill addressed to me and my wife for the past 2 years to show the evidence of Cohabitation.
one copy each of all the documents
and a detailed covering letter
sent on 17th August 2011 by special delivery
Received on 18th August 2001 (I tracked it)
Waiting Begins.......

Please note I am also 8 days short ie.WP valid from 05/09/06 but entered UK on 13/09/06, but within the 28 days.

It looks like I need to wait 8 to 9 weeks, Booked air tickets in December and hope fully will get the passports before that.

Alisabrittany
Newly Registered

Good News!

Post by Alisabrittany » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:16 pm

Hi Ya'll

Some more good news!

Our Immigration Lawyer just informed us that my ILR (SET M) came through the post today!

My Timeline:

27 May Postal Application sent
2 June ACK letter
8 August ILR Stamped
22 August all documents and passports received.

I can't tell you how relieved I am after this whole ordeal. For some whom might remember, My ILR was returned last year due to Non- Payment and then my files were stolen by my caseworker from our VISA company we had hired.

Congrats to those who have received their ILR's
Good Luck to those in waiting....

Have a Lovely Day,
Alisa

dalmeida
Newly Registered

ILR (pre - Nov JR) application

Post by dalmeida » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:32 pm

Hello all,

This forum has been extremely helpful during all 3 of my visa applications.

I've applied under the pre-Nov HSM Jr ruling and it's a fairly straightforward application.

The documents I've supplied are -
Cover letter
6 months payslips
6 months bank statements
Employment letter from current employer
4 most recent P60s and letter from the HMRC showing income earned and tax paid over 5 years (I'd lost my first P60)
Previous 2 visa approval letters (initial and extension)
Council tax and bank letters dated over 2 years as proof of cohabitation
Birth certificates of the 2 kids
Passports

My ILR application timeline so far is as follows -

16th August - Application Posted by special delivery
17th August - Application received by BIA
19th August - Payment deducted from credit card

Fingers crossed...

naz80
Newly Registered

Re: ILR (pre - Nov JR) application

Post by naz80 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:40 am

Hi Everyone,

Can someone tell me how long it will take before they process the fee. I have sent the cheque and they received my case on 18th which was last week Thursday?
How long they take for sending a reference letter too?

Regards,

Naz

dalmeida
Newly Registered

Post by dalmeida » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:47 am

[quote="naz80"]Hi Everyone,

Can someone tell me how long it will take before they process the fee. I have sent the cheque and they received my case on 18th which was last week Thursday?

Regards,

Naz[/quote]

Hi,

My payment was deducted two days after they received my application but I paid by credit card. I'm guessing the cheque would take 3-4 days to clear. That should, in theory, mean that it could take 5-6 working days to process your payment, but this is just me guessing.

They deducted my payment on 19th August and I received my acknowledgement today, the 23rd of August.

HTH

naz80
Newly Registered

Post by naz80 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:50 am

dalmeida wrote:
naz80 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Regards,

Naz
Hi,

My payment was deducted two days after they received my application but I paid by credit card. I'm guessing the cheque would take 3-4 days to clear. That should, in theory, mean that it could take 5-6 working days to process your payment, but this is just me guessing.

They deducted my payment on 19th August and I received my acknowledgement today, the 23rd of August.

HTH
Hi dalmeida

Thanks for such a quick reply. I hope that i will get cleared by the end of this week, which means i should get the ACK letter next week at some time.

Naz

saintly
Newly Registered

Post by saintly » Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:15 pm

HI Naz80

I have sent my application on 17th August and received on 18th August and the Payment was taken today 23/08. I paid by credit card. Still waiting for Ack.

Regards

Raks
Newly Registered

Thanks everyone....

Post by Raks » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:50 am

Hello guys,
Got our passports today. Long wait is over. I applied for ILR (under 3 years HSMP and 2 years Tier 1 general visa category) for myself, my wife and my little one.
Here is the summary -
Applied for ILR by post - 9/6/2011
Payment taken on - 10/06/2011
Acknowledgement letter received on - 14/6/2011
ILR stamped on - 11/08/2011 (at Liverpool)
Received passports (by royal mail - signed first class delivery) - 25/08/2011.

Have been looking on this website for updates everyday. Thanks for all your posts on immigration boards. :lol:.....
Many Thanks again......

Hauzen
Newly Registered

Post by Hauzen » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:27 pm

Week number 19 begins... :evil:

ilrwaitinggame_2011
Newly Registered

Post by ilrwaitinggame_2011 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:09 am

I'm a new member today just got tired of the waiting and started looking for info on the web, came accross this board. How i wish i knew b4 applying, would have probably gone for same day.

Application posted 6 Jul
Ackn 8 Jul
payment 11 Jul

...now waiting 7 weeks

craja444
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Processing Timelines - postal app. (excluding 10/14

Post by craja444 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:12 pm

I GOT MY ILR YESTERDAY(25/08/2011), POSTED MY SET(O) 03/06/2011
VIA SOLICITOR, WAITING FOR 11 WEEKS AND 6DAYS,I WAS OLD WORK PERMIT HOLDER,I HAVE BEEN USING THIS SITE MORE THAN SIX MONTHS ,THIS WAS REALY HELPFULL FOR ALL MY PROCESS ,THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR EVERYONE
I WILL POST ALL THE DETAILS LATER

tunde10

Post by tunde10 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:14 am

I have just been granted my ILR today

Applied for ILR SET(o) outside immigration rules - 16/05/2011
Payment taken on - 20/05/2011
ILR stamped on - 12/08/2011
Received passports - 27/08/2011.

I got my ILR stamped on an immigration document as i originally applied incorrectly and my passport was at a different immigration office.
I'd like to say thanks to everyone, this site has been a massive help. If not for this site, i wouldnt have realised which form to use and would have applied too late which brings complications.

Good luck to everyone else!

sab124

Post by sab124 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:25 am

congrats tunde10

learningzone
Newly Registered

Post by learningzone » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:31 am

entering the 18th week and no news about the ILR...everytime I call the home office I get the same reply that your application has not yet been processed and you have to wait..... :evil: :evil:

chinkskhatri
Newly Registered

ILR on spouse visa

Post by chinkskhatri » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi, My wife is a british citizen. Icame to UK in july 2009.
I applied for ILR on SET (M) form on 5th July 2011.
Recieved a letter from home office that they recvd my application.
It has been 7weeks on 27th Aug, and have not heard anything yet.
Can anyone who has applied in this category, let me know how long did it take for them to get back their passport.

Thanks for all your help.