ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife removed from UK, issues entering other EU states?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bridge1
BANNED

Wife removed from UK, issues entering other EU states?

Post by bridge1 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:05 pm

Hi all

My now wife was removed from the UK in April 2010 for overstaying her student visa by 26 days. We have since got married in her native Thailand and are in the process of regularising her stay in the UK on a spouse visa using immigration lawyers.

Quick question - once she has regularised her stay in the UK (assuming that is approved of course) will her previous removal from the UK cause problems for her to enter other EU states (or indeed other countries like Australia, USA etc?) on a travel visit? Since her removal we have entered Hong Kong twice, Macau, Malaysia and Singapore and they didn't so much as bat an eyelid (she entered under ASEAN rules).

Also one day (perhaps in a few years or so) we would like to move back to Asia, perhaps Singapore or Hong Kong. I know when applying for a family dependents pass in Singapore they ask if you have ever been deported from a country (we would need to answer 'yes' even though technically she wasn't deported from the UK - she was removed instead but I reckon Singapore immigration will view it as the same thing).

Is stating this on her form likely to cause her problems with Singapore immigration for a long term stay as my dependent, even though as I stated before we have already successfully visited that country together where she was issued a 30 day ASEAN visa on arrival. Obviously since her removal from the UK she has visited 4 separate countries with me without breaking immigration rules so perhaps they would take that into account.

Any advice gratefully received.