ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British cirizenship and indian visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

doojaga
Newly Registered

British cirizenship and indian visa

Post by doojaga » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:59 pm

Hallo Dear Sir,

I need to know the following things.

Once after getting British Citizenship once has to apply for OCI from Indian High Commission to get Dual Citizenship to travel free from one country to another without visa restriction.

now in case if one feels like staying in India after getting a british citizenship is there any restriction on the length of stay in India.

Can you please clarify this please.

thanks in advance
regards

rnr79
Member of Standing

Re: British cirizenship and indian visa

Post by rnr79 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:23 pm

doojaga wrote:Hallo Dear Sir,

I need to know the following things.

Once after getting British Citizenship once has to apply for OCI from Indian High Commission to get Dual Citizenship to travel free from one country to another without visa restriction.

now in case if one feels like staying in India after getting a british citizenship is there any restriction on the length of stay in India.

Can you please clarify this please.

thanks in advance
regards
Hello mate...there is no restriction on how long you can live in India with OCI Card...there are couple of restrictions like you can not work in govt organisations and can not own agricultural land..

but there are no restrictions on wokring or buying residential properties..In terms of financesIndian Govt says OCI holder have partiy with NRIs

I think this question should be moved to other thread

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:48 pm

OCI is not dual citizenship, its visa for life for India. OCI has the same status as NRI.