ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to London - Living in the city

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amonty
Newly Registered

Moving to London - Living in the city

Post by amonty » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:05 pm

Hi team,

My work permit has come through. Its for a period of 5 years. We shall now be going for our visa interview. I am still worried about my wifes name which has been misspelled in our marriage certificate. I got a affidavid done at a court here in India with respect to the fact that both the names are the same persons. This is the first time I am going for a UK visa so I migth have silly questions. The question I have for you guys is how much of a hassle is the Visa interview?

I am planning to go first and get a house ready so that my wife can join me there. Now what are the budget options I have (considering that I will be single for about 3 months). I have been looking up stuff on the net and I think B&B, Shared Acco, and 1BHK are the options open to me. Are there any lodging possibilities in the city like youth hostels (without registration of course). Any other options open with me?

Warm regards,
Monty

nicholas_hzl
Newly Registered

Post by nicholas_hzl » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:21 pm

another website you can look at for your accomodation is www.gumtree.com.

concerning youth hostels, you can look up in http://www.londonnet.co.uk/ln/guide/acc ... stels.html. (appeared after i use the search engine to search for yha london.)

yha websites:

http://www.yha.org.uk/Find_Accommodatio ... ondon.html
http://www.yha.org.uk/

hope that helps.

Nicholas

amonty
Newly Registered

Post by amonty » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:24 am

Hi Nicholas,

Is YHA available to people who are not registered to them, like myself? I did find YHA in my google search as well but was worried whether they provide accomodation for more than a few weeks. Any body has any experience with YHA that they can share for my benifit?

Warm regards,
Amit

david_blaine4u
Newly Registered

Post by david_blaine4u » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:27 pm

you need to be registered with YHA.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can be enrolled as annual member or you can take two years membership or Life Membership. The membership fee is:

Juniors Annual : Rs. 30/- (Below 18 years)
Seniors Annual : Rs. 50/- (18 years & above)
Seniors (For two years) : Rs. 100/-
Life : Rs. 1050/-

The maximum stay permitted at any YHA Hostel is 14 nights.

philgeorge999

Post by philgeorge999 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:31 pm

Just be warned that hostels and B&Bs in London are VERY expensive (eg. at LEAST £50 per night), probably 3 times more expensive thnan sharing a room in a house. If I were you, I would look for a house-share.

phil

david_blaine4u wrote:you need to be registered with YHA.

You can be enrolled as annual member or you can take two years membership or Life Membership. The membership fee is:

Juniors Annual : Rs. 30/- (Below 18 years)
Seniors Annual : Rs. 50/- (18 years & above)
Seniors (For two years) : Rs. 100/-
Life : Rs. 1050/-

The maximum stay permitted at any YHA Hostel is 14 nights.

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:08 am

sometimes you can grab travelodge deals as little as £10 per day