ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Gap in past salary

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arm
Member of Standing

Gap in past salary

Post by arm » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:32 pm

Hi all,

Was someone face with situation like this :?:

If I work in one company 1 year, after I leave the company and start to work for another but... between this period I have a gap 1 or 2 month.

What to do ?

Can someone explain me this situation.

Thank you very much.

docitduo

Gap in salary / work experience

Post by docitduo » Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:41 pm

Hi,

My case is similar to yours ... as far as a gap in employment is concerned !! The duration is is significantly higher ... close to 30 months (in the year(s) 2004-2005).

Out of these 30 months, I was a full time student pursuing a post graduate degree in the initial 12 months. For the remaining 18 months, it was a mix of different things - starting with a long period of travelling, then marriage and more travel (this time with spouse), and then some months of desperation - when I was searching for suitable jobs after the long hiatus !!! Wasn't easy time but at the end persistance paid of and I have now been working for the last 2 years.

Yes, a gap might be a problem if it's in the 12 months immediately prior to your application and that too only if you are looking at it from a salary perspective (to claim points for income in the last 12 months), but if you have enough previous work experience to cover the minimum / desired period to claim necessary points then a gap (irrespective of the duration) shouldn't be a problem at all !! As long as you can provide adeqaute proof of work experience to cover the period for which you are claiming points (as I am >28, in my case it's a minimum 5 years degree level experience for 25 points), you should be fine !! At least that's what my understanding is, and on this very basis I am not even mentioning my first employment in the HSMP application as I cannot get a reference letter - this job was more than 13 years ago.

Moderators / Experienced HSMP holders - appreciate your views !!

regards

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:11 pm

Someone has this situation?

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:01 pm

:shock:

No one has any suggestions for us. Moderators .... ???

:( :( :( :(

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:34 am

John may be you can answer me please...

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:39 pm

NOONE knows the answer is it possible ???

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:45 am

Tis is from caseworker guidance:

if applicant has only worked for three months out of the whole 12 month period before the application a caseworker cannot pro rata that figure to use as potential earnings.

But I can not find anywhere what hapens if I have 5 years of experience and 1 month gap in my last 12 month experience due to changing my job.

What happens ???

Please response

Thank you very much

HSMPGUY

Post by HSMPGUY » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:14 am

arm wrote:Tis is from caseworker guidance:

if applicant has only worked for three months out of the whole 12 month period before the application a caseworker cannot pro rata that figure to use as potential earnings.

But I can not find anywhere what hapens if I have 5 years of experience and 1 month gap in my last 12 month experience due to changing my job.

What happens ???

Please response

Thank you very much
I dont think so that will create any problem. becos normally when you swtich job it is normal to have 1 or 2 months gap.

dont worry about that.