ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent visa - living expense

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

my_user_name

Tier 1 dependent visa - living expense

Post by my_user_name » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:07 am

Hi,

While filling up the online application for my wife as a Tier 1 dependent, I have to answer the following question as my wife is employed currently in India

These are to be answered for my wife (applicant)

1. How much of your monthly income is used to support your family members?
2. How much do you spend each month on living costs?+

What should I reply for the above two questions considering that I support her expenses in India and same will be true in UK also?

Thanks in advance,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:12 am

This is the paper version of the same on-line form. Can you indicate where on the VAF10 application form these questions are located? I can't see them.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/ ... 3073/vaf10

I think you may be looking at the wrong category of application.

my_user_name

Post by my_user_name » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:32 pm

No, these questions are not on the paper version of VAF10. I am filling the online application and after filling the Main Applicatant's details, it asks "Are you unemployed‚ employed‚ or self-employed?" . When I say "employed" as my wife is working in India, it starts asking all the details about the applicant's employment including above two questions.

It appears that the online application has more than VAF10. Is it better to fill up the paper form?

thx

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:53 pm

If you are able (some locations don't accept this) to use the paper form it would be more convenient as none of those questions relating to the applicant's work, employment, salary and outgoings are relevant. If you continue with the on-line version you can include what information you have available, or where it is not available, you can put XXXX in whatever mandatory fields you are not able to answer and are not permitted to leave blank and then explain in the notes and hand write on the printend version why you have done this.

my_user_name

Post by my_user_name » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:41 pm

Thanks!!

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:31 pm

Yes, we just filled it in with the truth. Had no issues.