ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tire-1 Self Employed-Paypal Statement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tire1Questions

Tire-1 Self Employed-Paypal Statement

Post by Tire1Questions » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:17 am

Hi there,
I am self employed and run online business. All of my payments comes through my paypal account which is available online only as paypal does not provide any physical statements.
For my visa extension, I require paypal statements with their stamp and signature.
I contacted paypal and the guy refused to send me the statement with their signature and stamp as it is not their "policy".

Has anybody been in that situation. If so, what do they suggest me to do?
:roll:

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:48 am

I think you are going to have to bank that money and provide an official statement, and then look at the rules to see what other paperwork is permitted. Accountant letter and HMRC records seem the most obvious.

Documents

Tire1Questions

Post by Tire1Questions » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:08 am

Lucapooka wrote:I think you are going to have to bank that money and provide an official statement, and then look at the rules to see what other paperwork is permitted. Accountant letter and HMRC records seem the most obvious.

Yes, I do transfer the money from my paypal account to my business account on daily basis.
I read the UKBA guidlines and they clearely say in 141 (ii) "An electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the staement will be accepted".

now, paypal refusing to stamp and sign the documents, i am really worried what to do. Is there any other way round to do it?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:11 am

Now you are confusing us. Your question was with regard to a paypal statement. That is not an acceptable document (stamped or otherwise). A bank statement is an acceptable document but as you have confirmed that you do indeed transfer money from Paypal into a bank, you can use the bank statement.