ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How many days in advance for Tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sreblog

How many days in advance for Tier 1 extension

Post by sreblog » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:36 pm

Folks,

I am going for Tier 1 extension in Nov 11 . I herd of few who have applied for exntension like 3 months in advance. What I know that we need to apply just on or 29days to expiry.

Can anyone suggest if I can apply now ? are there anyone got the extension in this fashion?

Cheers

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:12 pm

If you apply sooner that 28 days before the expiry you risk creating a gap. The guidance is very clear on this.

45. We encourage applications to be made at least a month before the applicant’s extant (still existing) leave expires. Applicants should note however that if the application is made signiï¬

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:16 pm

Thanks its clear to me now, I can apply as my ILR due in next April.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:21 pm

Anyone can, of course, apply sooner or at any time, and some people choose to do this if they can score the salary points now but think they will not be able to do this at the time of the next extension. Obviously they will have to make another extension to bridge the gap before they can apply for ILR but it's a lot better than being refused their first extension if they have to wait until it is expiring. It's finding a balance that is right for your individual circumstances.