ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement - Easiest Exam?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AcrossBorders

English Language Requirement - Easiest Exam?

Post by AcrossBorders » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:51 am

Hi,

* Would like advice from people who have taken a language exam and which one they booked?

* if any particular one is considered the easiest? (Spouse in Pakistan)

The popular ones im considering as they all have centres in Pakistan, pref Karachi are:

IELTS (general Training) (cost 13,900 RS)
ETS (TOEIC) - Level A1

Any Stories, Tips, advice and recommendations appreciated!

Regards,

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:00 am

Oops, please move this to Family section!

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:15 am

After further reading, ive discarded the idea of IELTS as it starts at Level B1 and is harder to pass.

I would consider Pearsons who offer a level A1 exam, but they dont have a test centre in pakistan!

I have also looked into the Cambridge ESOL exams who offer Level A1 - but the British Council in Karachi do not offer the require exam.

Can anyone share information on test centres for pakistan who provide Level A1 exams and meet UKBA requirements? (im trying to avoid, A2, B1, B2 etc)

This will be really useful, thank you

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:23 am

Okay I think I found a test centre in Karachi that offer A1 English Toeic exam. There website is nts.org.pk

Has anyone used them before? are they reliable.

Any other A1 test providers people know of in Karachi?