ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visiting European countries with EEA2 Residence Card

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gabrio
Newly Registered

Visiting European countries with EEA2 Residence Card

Post by gabrio » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:24 pm

hi guys,

i have a simple question, i am italian, and we're waiting for my wife's EEA2 Residence Card that should come in soon...since we want to do some travels, i checked with the italian consulate for going to italy and they told me that as long as she has her UK RC, and i travel with her, we can go to italy with "no problems" for up to 90 days if i am not mistaken... however, they said that if we want to go to other European countries, we have to check if they comply with the EU Directive 2004/38/CE... for example i checked in Sweden and it's the very same...

so my question is how about the other countries? let's say we want to go to Spain or France, or Germany, whatever, would that still be the same scenario? is there a list of countries that comply with the same EU law? in other words so that i don't have to check with each country's consulate ;-)

thanks
Gabrio

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:46 am

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Re: Visiting European countries with EEA2 Residence Card

Post by Nimitta » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:45 am

gabrio wrote: so my question is how about the other countries? let's say we want to go to Spain or France, or Germany, whatever, would that still be the same scenario? is there a list of countries that comply with the same EU law? in other words so that i don't have to check with each country's consulate ;-)
Unless you are going to move out of the Schengen area after visiting each country you mentioned, I do not see any reason to check all of them. Spain, Germany, Italy and France are all in the Schengen area. After entering one of them, you can travel without showing your passport to anyone (except for airlines workers).

Punjab
BANNED

Re: Visiting European countries with EEA2 Residence Card

Post by Punjab » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:19 pm

Nimitta wrote:
gabrio wrote: After entering one of them, you can travel without showing your passport to anyone (except for airlines workers).
this time they were checking passports at belgium french borders. don;t know why but they came on our bus and look at the ids.

nonspecifics
Member of Standing

Arab Spring

Post by nonspecifics » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:26 pm

I think it is good idea to check before travelling.

After the Arab Spring revolutions of 2011 the Schengen area countries have had a bit of a falling out, due to the fear of Europe being swamped by Arab / north African asylum seekers, and there was talk of the agreement falling apart.

So, countries were unilaterally imposing extra checks and restrictions - which went against the Schengen agreement.

Things can change so quickly, so best to keep updated.