ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried Partner FLR(M)- Document Clarification

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

minnadbs
Newly Registered

Unmarried Partner FLR(M)- Document Clarification

Post by minnadbs » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:28 am

I will appreciate if someone can please clarify the following:

I have been living with my girlfriend for last 2 years and we are now considering filing for ' Extension of Stay' using FLR (M). I am a widower and my first wife died in 1999. I dont have the death certificate with me and will require international travel.

Q1. My understanding of Section 7 ( You and Your Partner -page 12 of form) and Section 11 ( page 18 & 19) is that death ( or divorce certificate ) is required only if the form is being used by applicants for Marriage or Civil partnership purposes ( Section 11B- Page 18 of form)

&

the applicants for same sex and unmarried partners ( section 11c, page 19 of form) DONOT need to provide any documentrary proof ( divorce or death) for previous marriage.

Q2. What happens if the application is submitted without death / divorce certificate i.e. the document exists but is not in possession?

I have an appointment in about 4 days time and will appreciate all opinions / responses.

Thanks