ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final Checklist - Tier 2 application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2applicant

Final Checklist - Tier 2 application

Post by tier2applicant » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:09 pm

So my company has got its license and they've provided me with a COS. I have filled the TIER 2 application form and have a few queries.

1. There is a question in the form which says have you ever overstayed. In my case, my student visa was expiring on 31 December 2009 and applied for PSW a week before. Got PSW approved on the 21 of January 2010.

My query is does the time between 31 December 2009 - 21 January 2010 account to overstaying as this period is not covered in my passport ? My passport was with UKBA.

The rest of my form I have filled and following included.

-COS
-6 payslips
-bank statement for last three months and letter from Bank manager that balance hasn't fallen below 800
-Letter from the employer saying that I have been working with them for so long. (Do I have to include anything else in the letter ?)
-2 pictures

Please let me know if I would need anything more

Just to reconfirm my salary as stated in COS is met since only since past two months, before that it was less. I know I have read it in this forum that it wouldn't be an issue just want to make sure.

If you think everything that needs to be covered is here. I will apply for visa on Friday.

madona587
Member of Standing

Re: Final Checklist - Tier 2 application

Post by madona587 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:37 pm

tier2applicant wrote:So my company has got its license and they've provided me with a COS. I have filled the TIER 2 application form and have a few queries.

1. There is a question in the form which says have you ever overstayed. In my case, my student visa was expiring on 31 December 2009 and applied for PSW a week before. Got PSW approved on the 21 of January 2010.

My query is does the time between 31 December 2009 - 21 January 2010 account to overstaying as this period is not covered in my passport ? My passport was with UKBA.

If you sent your application for PSW before your student visa expired then you did not overstayed. You're not an over stayer.So you should check NO

The rest of my form I have filled and following included.

-COS - Correct
-6 payslips - Correct (last 6 Months payslips)
-bank statement for last three months and letter from Bank manager that balance hasn't fallen below 800 - If you're switching from PSW you don't have to show maintenance. Check option 4 and then go to M4 and Check again. You claim 10 points. Alternatively you can show Bank statements & letter Or have your company check the "Maintenance on behalf of you" in the COS when applying then you check the Necessary field in the Application form.
-Letter from the employer saying that I have been working with them for so long. (Do I have to include anything else in the letter ?) - You don't need it, You're sending Payslips to prove this. But it wont hurt to send additional proof. When your company gets a A Rating they're usually trusted by UKBA
-2 pictures - Make sure you write your full name in the back of the pictures

Please let me know if I would need anything more

Just to reconfirm my salary as stated in COS is met since only since past two months, before that it was less. I know I have read it in this forum that it wouldn't be an issue just want to make sure.

Thats Correct. Payslips are only to prove you're working for the company for x months. As long as you get paid correct amount by the time of your application you're just fine.

If you think everything that needs to be covered is here. I will apply for visa on Friday.
Where is your evidence for ENGLISH ? A Degree certificate would do ! Make sure your degree is listed in the Points Calculator!

And You forgot your Passport ! bro lol

Check everything again and again. Have a solicitor do a spot check for you just to make sure. Good luck man.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:45 pm

This is my check list, (Switching from PSW to TIER2)

COS
Last 6 months Payslips
Passport
2 photos with my full name written in the back.
My Original Masters Degree Certificate & Transcript
No Maintenance evidence cause I'm exempted because I'm switching from PSW and worked for the employer for the last 6 months.

Thats it :D

tier2applicant

Post by tier2applicant » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:57 pm

Unfortunately my employer hasn't put a tick next to Mantainenece option which generating the CoS as he wasn't sure what it was about. So it looks like I will have to get a the bank statement along with the letter from bank manager

- Yes, I have included my degree certificate. Forgot to mention it on the list (at work now and my head is not at one place)

- hahahah yes mate, I will make sure I include the passport.

I will go through it again and again. Not sure about solicitor, don't know how they work, who, where, how much they charge. etc

My another query - My payslips are just a print out on a paper, unlike my previous employer which used be a formal payslips. Wondering if it would be an issue

tier2applicant

Post by tier2applicant » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:59 pm

Alright Thanks. I didn't know that

"[i]No Maintenance evidence cause I'm exempted because I'm switching from PSW and worked for the employer for the last 6 months.[/i]"

Cheers

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:10 pm

tier2applicant wrote:Unfortunately my employer hasn't put a tick next to Mantainenece option which generating the CoS as he wasn't sure what it was about. So it looks like I will have to get a the bank statement along with the letter from bank manager

- Yes, I have included my degree certificate. Forgot to mention it on the list (at work now and my head is not at one place)

- hahahah yes mate, I will make sure I include the passport.

I will go through it again and again. Not sure about solicitor, don't know how they work, who, where, how much they charge. etc

My another query - My payslips are just a print out on a paper, unlike my previous employer which used be a formal payslips. Wondering if it would be an issue
Not sure about the payslip issue mate. You may want to send the original payslips. I don't know for sure.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:15 pm

tier2applicant wrote:Alright Thanks. I didn't know that

"No Maintenance evidence cause I'm exempted because I'm switching from PSW and worked for the employer for the last 6 months."

Cheers
Didn't you check the Application form ? You Automatically score points for maintenance if you're switching from PSW and worked for the employer for the last 6 months.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:26 pm

tier2applicant wrote:Unfortunately my employer hasn't put a tick next to Mantainenece option which generating the CoS as he wasn't sure what it was about. So it looks like I will have to get a the bank statement along with the letter from bank manager

Mate my company checked this option in my COS but my solicitor advised me not to check it in the application form. Instead check the PSW - TIER2 Switching option as it automatically scores points for maintenance. But if you provide bank statements it only makes your case stronger. But you don't want to check everything in the form. Btw my advise is not professional and anything you do is at your own risk.

tier2applicant

Post by tier2applicant » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:29 pm

- There is more information about payslips in UKBA website. This is what it states,

"These should be either formal payslips or on company headed paper. If payslips are on unheaded paper or you receive all pay slips online, you must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout."

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... /Payslips/

- Just read the maintenance section on the application form. I missed it completely, you are right. No need to maintain £800 if applying from PSW. This means I don't have to spend a day at the bank instead re-read the whole application. :)

Now just want to get done with this visa application.

Cheers mate, thanks a lot for your help.
Last edited by tier2applicant on Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:38 pm

tier2applicant wrote:- There is more information about payslips in UKBA website. This is what it states,

"These should be either formal payslips or on company headed paper. If payslips are on unheaded paper or you receive all pay slips online, you must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout."

- Just read the maintenance section on the application form. I missed it completely, you are right. No need to maintain £800 if applying from PSW. This means I don't have to spend a day at the bank and re-read the whole application. :)

There you go :D :P Good luck brov.. I applied last week. Lets hope for the best mate. This is a 8 month project and I hope it works out :lol:

virgos143

Post by virgos143 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:04 pm

madona587 wrote:
tier2applicant wrote:- There is more information about payslips in UKBA website. This is what it states,

- Just read the maintenance section on the application form. I missed it completely, you are right. No need to maintain £800 if applying from PSW. This means I don't have to spend a day at the bank and re-read the whole application. :)

There you go :D :P Good luck brov.. I applied last week. Lets hope for the best mate. This is a 8 month project and I hope it works out :lol:

The check list really helps ... thanks madona and tier2 applicant... will nd to send my soon...

plov
Newly Registered

Post by plov » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:16 pm

hey tier2applicant,

May I please ask you 'when' your employer provided you with the COS number, i.e. on what date? I'm currently in the process of receiving one but my employer keeps telling me that UKBA online payment system has been down for a week and they can't process the payment and issue me the COS number.

Thanks in advance.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:07 pm

I was switching from Tier 4 student and this is what my checklist looked like:

- Passports
- Pictures
- Original Degree
- Original Transcripts
- Academic Reference Letter from University
- Another Letter from University with regards to fees paid (and the fact that I was not sponsored by any government or public authority)
- A print out of the draft CoS containing details of the information feeded into the system

- A cover letter stating that my job begins on the 1st of September and if they could please expediate my process.

- Some other random print outs containing CoS number, etc.

Fingers crossed, I hope everything works out fine.
Last edited by silverchloride on Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tier2applicant

Post by tier2applicant » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:09 pm

Hi plov

My employer payed it on the 26 of this month, last Firday. I understand what you are experiencing, we had issues while trying to fill the form and going back and forth in the interface.

May be its the traffic on the website, why not try paying after normal working hours around 6 PM. Also try using a different browser. This may or maynot work but could try

At what stage does the interface fail ? is it after entering the card details ?

plov
Newly Registered

Post by plov » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:20 pm

Thank you very much.... all makes sense. My HR tell me is this:

"The issue is with the card payment online, although the system takes the payment it does not assign it to your specific certificate and therefore the Borders Agency will not issue the certificate number"

I'm at a loss as to what to do because I'm not participating in the process directly and can't know where exactly we're failing. Supposedly UKBA is working on fixing the issue, but it can't take one week?!

I've sent your suggestions to our HR and hopefully they will try it again.

:((((