ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA for New Born Child - Parents = Indian , VISA = HSMP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ITProfessional
Newly Registered

VISA for New Born Child - Parents = Indian , VISA = HSMP

Post by ITProfessional » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:41 am

Hi Guys,

To start with , I will give a background of my situation :

I have got my HSMP extension for 3 years in November 2005. We were blessed with a baby girl this January (2006) . We have already applied to the Indian Embassy for her passport and we are expecting the same within 2 weeks.

I am planning yo send my wife and daughter to India for holidays in August end. To my knowledge my baby will not require VISA to travel to India but she would certainly require VISA to enter into the UK (Please correct me if I am wrong) .

Can anybody tell me whether I can apply for a dependent VISA at the British Embassy in Bombay for my daughther instead to getting the VISA stamped from UK . If I can apply for the VISA to British Embassy in Bombay , then can you please let me know what all documents would be required . Also just to clarify , I am not physically required by the British Embassy in Bombay to get the VISA as I am not travelling with my wife at the moment.

Regards,
ITPro

surdy77

VISA for New Born Child - Parents = Indian , VISA = WP

Post by surdy77 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:03 am

Hi,
I also need some advice on this issue. I was also thinking, woudnt the indian authorities question me when i reach india with my new born baby , as to y havent i till date got his dependant visa stamped or is it that i can reach india and then apply for the visa.

any advice would be appreciated.

cheers
surdy77

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:56 pm

I'm NOT an expert in this, and the IND website is disappointingly vague on the subject, but I think that if you're applying within UK you need to apply for the child to have further leave to remain, using Form FLR(O) - downloadable from this page on the IND website. If no-one else chimes in, you may need to phone IND to find out what you need to submit.
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:24 am

Paul, I think that is right, use form FLR(O) to get the child a UK visa in their Indian passport. The application fee will be £335 by post or £500 in person at a PEO.

It would also be possible to get the child their visa at the BHC in India, and indeed that would work out cheaper. However I suggest it would be a lot more hassle and therefore it is probably best to seriously consider making the application in the UK.
John

surdy77

thanks guys

Post by surdy77 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:48 am

thanks a lot for ur replies. i agree to what John has to say, but my one question that still bothers me is that if i dont take the visa here , wouldnt the indian authorities on the airport question me as to why i havent got a visa for the child when the child has been living in the UK since the last 6 months ?

Or is it that the new born child is kinda exempted till a certain period of time ? any clarifications would be appreciated.

Surdy

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:55 am

I don't think the Indian authorities would care much one way or the other what the baby's UK immigration status is, would they? What business is it of theirs? If he/she is on an Indian passport, then that is sufficient to get into India, and surely that is all that should matter to them...

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:43 pm

ppron747 wrote:I don't think the Indian authorities would care much one way or the other what the baby's UK immigration status is, would they? What business is it of theirs? If he/she is on an Indian passport, then that is sufficient to get into India, and surely that is all that should matter to them...
well that's not quite true... when I travelled to India in the past they did check my passport for a valid visa even though I had a Indian passport at that time...

Do you think that the Indian authorities will allow anybody with an Indian passport to enter the coutry without knowing where they have come from?

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:31 pm

The UK authorities do, as regards BC passport holders, so I guess I assumed India did too, as a well-known democracy...

But I didn't , in any case, say or even suggest that India "will allow anybody with an Indian passport to enter the coutry without knowing where they have come from" - I suggested that it was none of their business what the baby's UK immigration status was, which is entirely different....

I'm quite enjoying today - first, something I did say, in another thread, gets rubbished, and next I get criticised for something I didn't say. :)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:23 pm

Spot on Paul, clearly an Indian citizen is able to enter India on an Indian passport without encountering any problem. That is, the lack of UK visa would not cause them a problem.
John

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:32 pm

ppron747 wrote:The UK authorities do, as regards BC passport holders, so I guess I assumed India did too, as a well-known democracy...

But I didn't , in any case, say or even suggest that India "will allow anybody with an Indian passport to enter the coutry without knowing where they have come from" - I suggested that it was none of their business what the baby's UK immigration status was, which is entirely different....

I'm quite enjoying today - first, something I did say, in another thread, gets rubbished, and next I get criticised for something I didn't say. :)
If you read my response then you will notice that I have posted based on my own experience and not something out of the blue...

I would like the OP to post the experience of his family with the immigration both in the UK and India.

Also I cannot change the way one interprets my posting on this forum.....

surdy77

Post by surdy77 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:43 pm

Guys, I guess the confusion out here could be resolved in a way which is that in the case of Olisun, since he was an adult , hence the need of checking for the passport to ascertain as to where the person is coming from and whether he was supposed to be their legally or not .

I guess in the case of a new born baby , it could be given due consideration that this is the first time he is travelling and hence no hassles.

again as i said this is my assumption....could be wrong as well !

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:01 pm

olisun wrote: Also I cannot change the way one interprets my posting on this forum.....
With respect, yes you could - by reading the posts that you're responding to, and not contradicting points that weren't made in the first place...

ITProfessional
Newly Registered

Post by ITProfessional » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:52 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your response guys.

My family is going to India in August . My wife will be applying for UK VISA for my child from India . I will soon post my experience about what happens at the immigration .

But just for your information - I have checked with some friends who are on Work Permit. they said that they didnt applied a UK visa for their child from within the UK.

So hopefully it shouldnt be a problem for the baby to travel without UK visa to India

Regards,
ITPRo

vshah
Newly Registered

any update?

Post by vshah » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:05 am

Hi

Do you have any experience to share with regards to the UK VISA for your child? Was the application successful? Any other experiences?

I have an exactly same situation.

Regards,

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:08 pm

John wrote:Spot on Paul, clearly an Indian citizen is able to enter India on an Indian passport without encountering any problem. That is, the lack of UK visa would not cause them a problem.
Except - would the Indian immigration officer want to ascertain whether or not the child might have a British (or other) passport as well, since this would not be acceptable to the Indian authorities for an Indian passport holder?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:20 pm

Surely that is easily solved by getting the child an Indian visa in their British passport?
John

Christophe
Diamond Member

Post by Christophe » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:23 pm

John wrote:Surely that is easily solved by getting the child an Indian visa in their British passport?
But is this child entitled, at the moment, to a British passport? I was under the impression that she was not (but I could be wrong!).

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:02 pm

Christophe wrote:
John wrote:Spot on Paul, clearly an Indian citizen is able to enter India on an Indian passport without encountering any problem. That is, the lack of UK visa would not cause them a problem.
Except - would the Indian immigration officer want to ascertain whether or not the child might have a British (or other) passport as well, since this would not be acceptable to the Indian authorities for an Indian passport holder?
Since in this instance the child will be travelling on an Indian passport issued only days before she arrives in India, I suspect that if an Indian IO had dual nationality on his mind, he'd assume that his colleagues in London had thought of that, before issuing the passport.
Christophe wrote:
John wrote:Surely that is easily solved by getting the child an Indian visa in their British passport?
But is this child entitled, at the moment, to a British passport? I was under the impression that she was not (but I could be wrong!).
You're not wrong, Christophe!

new2board
Newly Registered

Post by new2board » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:50 pm

My wife and my baby are travelling to India soon but I'm not planning to get the visa for the baby from UK. I hope it will not be a problem for anyone.

Anyone please write me what documents will be required in India to apply for the visa. My presence is not requied?? and my original passport is not required as well??

ITProfessional would you please share your experience??

Moderators please help!!!!

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:02 pm

Hi ITProfessional said he will post the experiences after his family travels to India in august. But he has not stated which August so I presume Aug2007 :?: So we have to wait for another 7 odd months for him to post his reply :roll:

nandha72
Newly Registered

Post by nandha72 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:13 pm

I have got dependant VISA for my son in India only. He was born here and traveled to India in his indian passport obtained from birmingham.
There were no problems in travelling to india. Only while coming back you need UK VISA. It is much cheaper to apply for VISA in UK embassy in India.

samkma
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by samkma » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:09 pm

nandha72 wrote:I have got dependant VISA for my son in India only. He was born here and traveled to India in his indian passport obtained from birmingham.
There were no problems in travelling to india. Only while coming back you need UK VISA. It is much cheaper to apply for VISA in UK embassy in India.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

nadnan09
Newly Registered

Dependent's visa from india

Post by nadnan09 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:48 pm

Hi there,

Is it difficult to obtain a dependent visa?... the indian UK home office site is very vague and i am unable to find the documents reqd for dependents visa... please let me know what paper work is reqd to apply for the dependents visa from india. My wife emailed them and they have also asked her to send our wedding photographs .. how silly this is??? my daugther was born in London and my wife went with new born to india in an emergency. Can someone let me know the list .

thanks

nadnan09
Newly Registered

Re: Dependent's visa from india

Post by nadnan09 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:16 pm

can someone comment whether i can produce 3 to 4 months statements. Is it compulsory that one needs to produce 6 months bank statement. I have called the British Indian authorities and i am getting conflicting information each time. Please can someone comment on this
thanks[/quote]

amtul
Newly Registered

Re: VISA for New Born Child - Parents = Indian , VISA =

Post by amtul » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:19 pm

["]hi,i am a workpermit dependent in india right now,i have 3 month old baby born in uk but dint take her visa in uk as i had to leave for india in an emergency .my husband is still in uk.i want to know whether i can take her visa on the airport at the time of arrival in uk because th processing time for visa is long in india and my elder son is sick and missing his dad alot .i am really worried want to leave for uk in a day or two..i would be thankful if some replies to me asap.thanking you