ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ltd Company Director : Applying for Tier1 G Extn Visa in Oct

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

d193068
Newly Registered

Ltd Company Director : Applying for Tier1 G Extn Visa in Oct

Post by d193068 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:18 pm

Hi,
I am Director and 100% Shareholder of a Limited Company since Dec 2010. I am planning to apply for the Extension by post in the Oct 1st Week which will expire on Nov17 2011

I have counted 1 Oct 2010 to 30 Sept 2011 as the Earnings period where I was Permanent Employee till Dec 2010 and Director thereafter.

Here are following details, I wish to carry . Please correct me if I have missed or over-emphasized any.

1.) Company Attested payslips for the Month Ending Oct - Dec 2010 and Feb 2011, where I was a Permanent Employee. I was also payed Re-Emburesement of Leaves with this company which I have counted in my earnings
2.) Letter from Accountant as per one of the certified bodies confirming, Dividends (Net , Gross), Salary (Net, Gross) and the total
3.) Dividend vouchers signed by me from May 2011 to Sept 2011
4.) Salary slips (signed by me) from April 2011 to Sept 2011. However the salary slips do not contain my NI Number. They contain my Company Name though.
5.) Personal Bank Statements for the period 1st Oct 2010 to 30 Sept 2011. They corroborate my Dividents and Salaries, though Payroll Date and Bank Credit Date differ slightly.
6.) Business Bank Statements, showing Invoice Credits and Net Dividend and Net Salary Debits. Read somewhere in the Forum at Personal Appearance Case worker asked for Business Bank Statements
7.) Certificate of Incorporation
8.) Invoice Generated by my Companies. Is it necessary to have Invoices generated by the agencies, who are between me and the End Client?
9.) Cover letter detailing the earnings and point of contact in case of any queries

I looked at the Posts of Limited Company Directors and this is what I have come up with as per points 1 to 9. Apologies if answers to my questions have already appeared in some of the posts and I have failed to spot them.

Can anyone please comment on the Earnings documentation as per earliest convenience ? . Comments from those who have got their extension recently or from Experts will be very much appreciated.

Thanks a Lot in Advance

Warm Regards,
D

sreblog

Re: Ltd Company Director : Applying for Tier1 G Extn Visa in

Post by sreblog » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Hi ,

My commnents in line,

1.) Company Attested payslips for the Month Ending Oct - Dec 2010 and Feb 2011, where I was a Permanent Employee. I was also payed Re-Emburesement of Leaves with this company which I have counted in my earnings

As long as your dividents earnings total get you the points , I guess that should be enough. I am not sure about Re-Em of leaves, i guess this should be small amount not worthy of complicating the application.

2.) Letter from Accountant as per one of the certified bodies confirming, Dividends (Net , Gross), Salary (Net, Gross) and the total
3.) Dividend vouchers signed by me from May 2011 to Sept 2011
4.) Salary slips (signed by me) from April 2011 to Sept 2011. However the salary slips do not contain my NI Number. They contain my Company Name though.
Yes you need an letter from accountant. Salary slip can also be included.

5.) Personal Bank Statements for the period 1st Oct 2010 to 30 Sept 2011. They corroborate my Dividents and Salaries, though Payroll Date and Bank Credit Date differ slightly.
Should be ok as you can highlight those payments.

6.) Business Bank Statements, showing Invoice Credits and Net Dividend and Net Salary Debits. Read somewhere in the Forum at Personal Appearance Case worker asked for Business Bank Statements
YEs , you need to include these documents.

7.) Certificate of Incorporation
I am not sure if you need to send it for application.

8.) Invoice Generated by my Companies. Is it necessary to have Invoices generated by the agencies, who are between me and the End Client?

You can just print all invoices that you normally send to the agency.

9.) Cover letter detailing the earnings and point of contact in case of any queries

Yes , this will make CW life easy.

d193068
Newly Registered

Post by d193068 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:22 am

Thank you very much Sreblog. Do you think its a good idea to get the Divident vouchers and salary slips signed by Accountant ?. I think just my sign as a director should be good.

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:14 pm

d193068 wrote:Thank you very much Sreblog. Do you think its a good idea to get the Divident vouchers and salary slips signed by Accountant ?. I think just my sign as a director should be good.
Hi , I get my divident vouchers by accountant on their letter head, signature. You need to get the same from your accountant . salary slips i am not sure , if your taking above basic salary then you should get a proper pay slips ideally from accountant.

d193068
Newly Registered

Post by d193068 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:55 pm

sreblog wrote: Hi , I get my divident vouchers by accountant on their letter head, signature. You need to get the same from your accountant . salary slips i am not sure , if your taking above basic salary then you should get a proper pay slips ideally from accountant.
My Accountant generates the Divident vouchers and Salary Slips (as PDFs) based on the software. I have also ensured that the difference in the Salary Credit Date on the Bank Statements and Date as per payslip is just 1-4 days.
I will check if they as an Accountant can sign both

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:14 am

sreblog wrote:
d193068 wrote:Thank you very much Sreblog. Do you think its a good idea to get the Divident vouchers and salary slips signed by Accountant ?. I think just my sign as a director should be good.
Hi , I get my divident vouchers by accountant on their letter head, signature. You need to get the same from your accountant . salary slips i am not sure , if your taking above basic salary then you should get a proper pay slips ideally from accountant.
DIVIdend r issued by company so it should be on company letter head , salary r paid by comapy so should be on company letter head

for cross refernce accoutants can verify on their letter head in principle both should on company letter head
CDOKS

ilrtier1

Post by ilrtier1 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:52 am

I think the company director can issue dividend voucher on the company letterhead. It can be verified by or checked by the accountant.
Interim dividend(Dividends issuing before the year end) are normally issued by the company itself. I generated my company dividend vouchers on my company letterhead.

The only difficult thing may be the calculation of tax on dividend, which may be advised by accountant, besides the net dividend, gross dividend.