ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR sucess @ solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HARPRIT
Newly Registered

ILR sucess @ solihull

Post by HARPRIT » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:00 pm

Guys sorry for this delay,last week I received my ILR @ solihull under 5 yr work permit category. I'd like to thank very much to all the sr. & jr. members of this forum for all great your help and support you provided!

Here're the documents I was asked to provide:

- pasports
- 3 payslips
- letter from the employer
- workpermit
- Life in the UK test

I had an appointment @ 11.15 am, reached in the office @ 10.15 am they asked me for the appoinment confirmation, shown the SMS recceived from them, staff were really helpfull and polite, they asked me to have a seat and said will give u the token as soon as possible, as they promise they me the ticket after 5 min & waited for another 10 min in the lounge area my token no. was called and asked to proceed the counter, lady at the counter were very polite she asked for my passports she did some check in her system then she asked me for my work permits, here she took bit time as my company has changed name twice so she asked me about the confirmation, gave some answers & were satisfied with my answers, then she asked me for LIUK test certificates she checked again in her system & said u did well in the test, thanked her and atlast she asked me for the 3 months payslips thats it nothing else been asked i said she want to see my bank statement or absent note form the employer but she said the these document are enough, after couple of minutes she told me everything seems to be fine ur ILR is granted so u can relax & have a lunch and come after 2hrs to collect ur passport, that was moment i took deep breath thanked her packed my bag left the PEO, came after 2 hrs collected my passport with ILR stamp on it.

This forum had really been helpfull to me and thanking all the members for your advice once again..

jason77

Re: ILR sucess @ solihull

Post by jason77 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:06 pm

Congratulations HARPRIT!!
HARPRIT wrote:Guys sorry for this delay,last week I received my ILR @ solihull under 5 yr work permit category. I'd like to thank very much to all the sr. & jr. members of this forum for all great your help and support you provided!

Here're the documents I was asked to provide:

- pasports
- 3 payslips
- letter from the employer
- workpermit
- Life in the UK test

I had an appointment @ 11.15 am, reached in the office @ 10.15 am they asked me for the appoinment confirmation, shown the SMS recceived from them, staff were really helpfull and polite, they asked me to have a seat and said will give u the token as soon as possible, as they promise they me the ticket after 5 min & waited for another 10 min in the lounge area my token no. was called and asked to proceed the counter, lady at the counter were very polite she asked for my passports she did some check in her system then she asked me for my work permits, here she took bit time as my company has changed name twice so she asked me about the confirmation, gave some answers & were satisfied with my answers, then she asked me for LIUK test certificates she checked again in her system & said u did well in the test, thanked her and atlast she asked me for the 3 months payslips thats it nothing else been asked i said she want to see my bank statement or absent note form the employer but she said the these document are enough, after couple of minutes she told me everything seems to be fine ur ILR is granted so u can relax & have a lunch and come after 2hrs to collect ur passport, that was moment i took deep breath thanked her packed my bag left the PEO, came after 2 hrs collected my passport with ILR stamp on it.

This forum had really been helpfull to me and thanking all the members for your advice once again..

HARPRIT
Newly Registered

Post by HARPRIT » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:08 pm

thanks buddy.....

sarath1212

Post by sarath1212 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:23 pm

HARPRIT wrote:thanks buddy.....
Congrats.......Were you on 5yr WP or canged to T2 when applying ILR?

indsaiuk
Newly Registered

Post by indsaiuk » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:47 pm

congratulations.........

genious

Post by genious » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:02 am

did you mentioned SOC code in your employer letter?

mastiger82

Post by mastiger82 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:19 pm

cong......

did your wife recd ilr too?

thanks

gagsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gagsingh » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:16 pm

mastiger82 wrote:cong......

did your wife recd ilr too?

thanks
Congrats Harprit. I also have my appointment booked for next week at solihull, they collected the payment after the approval or before it was assigned to the case worker?

HARPRIT
Newly Registered

Post by HARPRIT » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:10 pm

YES THEY DID ASK FOR SOC LETTER N MY WIFE ALSO GOT PR ALONG WITH ME, N THEY THEY TOOK THE PAYMENT AFTER THEY STUDIED MY CASE.....

gagsingh
Newly Registered

Post by gagsingh » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:38 pm

HARPRIT wrote:YES THEY DID ASK FOR SOC LETTER N MY WIFE ALSO GOT PR ALONG WITH ME, N THEY THEY TOOK THE PAYMENT AFTER THEY STUDIED MY CASE.....
thanks for the confirmation .but what i dont understand how come prodcedure is different in different peo. in croydon they first take payment and then assign to case worker but it sounds totally opposite in in solihull.

yashid
Newly Registered

Post by yashid » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:39 pm

Harprit congrats on your ILR!

Could you please share the format of the employer reference letter that you used? I'm specifically interested in how the SOC details were specified - did your job title in the WP match with any specified in SOC?

I have a scenario where my job title on my WP doesn't exactly match any in the SOC but I can find a close match in terms of the work done. Any suggestions on how this can be mentioned in the employer reference letter?

Did you include any covering letter?

genious

Post by genious » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:12 pm