ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO ILR application is not clear on same day

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

niravm

Post by niravm » Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:05 pm

stephno or Garry plz upload the template to writing MP. that will be great favor and really helpful who faces similar problem.

uk_2010

Post by uk_2010 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:31 pm

I am also in same situation as like you all, I have visited Sheffield PEO on 21st July and they said they will need further approvals to decide my application...5 weeks and I still waiting :(

Do we need to write letter to MP or just go and meet them? please advice.
thanks in advance.

yashid
Newly Registered

Post by yashid » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:46 pm

I have booked a PEO appointment at Liverpool on September 19th since my mine is straightforward case. However, after reading this thread I feel that it's better to apply via POST rather than spending for a premium service and not getting any of it!

Are there a lot of old WP holders suffering a delay getting ILRs? What is your suggestion?

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:01 pm

uk_2010 wrote:I am also in same situation as like you all, I have visited Sheffield PEO on 21st July and they said they will need further approvals to decide my application...5 weeks and I still waiting :(

Do we need to write letter to MP or just go and meet them? please advice.
thanks in advance.
sorry to hear abt that but to be honest 5 weeks is by no means long time. your application is effectively a postal application and you should expect a reply in line with normal waiting time, around 3/4 months but it can take longer or shorter.........

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:03 pm

yashid wrote:I have booked a PEO appointment at Liverpool on September 19th since my mine is straightforward case. However, after reading this thread I feel that it's better to apply via POST rather than spending for a premium service and not getting any of it!

Are there a lot of old WP holders suffering a delay getting ILRs? What is your suggestion?
all i would say is that most of the premium applications are resolved on the day, so if ur case is straightforward u can take ur chance!

stephno
Newly Registered

Post by stephno » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:58 pm

I don't have a template. I just called the MP at their office and explained what had happened and that we want to know when they will make the decision because they told us 3-4 weeks and it had been 5 weeks and she said put it in writing. I wrote a 4 page letter just explaining that I had incorrect info from the 'help line' and then my employer allowed me to work part time. I clearly said we now know we broke the rules, can't believe how badly we have made things for ourselves, do not want special favours or measures, are making steps to leave the country (which we were) but want to know when they will make the decision and send back our documents.

It took a week, she emailed me and said they hope to make a decision by the end of the month (it was the 20th). I got a call on the 21st saying your application is approved, come and collect your documents (or do you want them sent back?). We went and collected them the next morning. I wrote to the MP's office (email again) and said thank you for getting us the information. I still don't know why they changed their minds and gave us the ILR. I don't know if other people have done the same and taken it to court? It could be because the income thing came in April (the new requirements to match your original salary) and because it was only June they had some kind of unofficial grace period? I don't know if it was the MP getting involved. Will probably never know.

They told us at the appt it would go to the 'refusal team' and it would be 3-4 weeks. They said normally it is 48 hours for premium if they can't decide on the day, but there is a backlog because of all the people failing on the income requirements. I don't think it automatically becomes a postal application. You are not guaranteed a decision on the day, but it should be processed quickly still.

If they do refuse it before your current permission runs out then you don't get a right of appeal either. So in some respects, it is better if they take longer because once your current permission runs out you automatically have the right to lodge an appeal. That is what the lawyers explained to me anyway.

niravm

Post by niravm » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:53 pm

Its almost 47 days.. not received any updates.. Does any one in same boat? I Don't know how much more item it will take? I'm delaying urgent travels.

Main reason to apply at PEO is to make future travelling arrangement but PEO at croydon takes really really long time ... and its agonies waiting.

niravm

Post by niravm » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:30 am

Hi, I got my ILR stamp on passport. Its took 7 weeks and 4 days.
I paid premium fees and my case was really really simple but don't know why they hold my file for such a long time.

But thanks for this forum and all moderators for valuable help.

jacsll55
Mood:
Bahrain

Post by jacsll55 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:36 am

niravm,
Nice to hear the goodnews, its worth the wait, looks like Premium fees for a postal application? I know how you would have felt and how you feel now! Time to have a Blast!!
Congrats.

niravm

Post by niravm » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:11 am

i still believe, they have to return the premium fees if it takes more then one week to process. my case is 100% strait forward still it took 8 weeks.
and my holiday booking tickets also goes up.

I am happy that it is all done now but still feel that there is unnecessary trap in the process.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:17 am

niravm wrote:i still believe, they have to return the premium fees if it takes more then one week to process. my case is 100% strait forward still it took 8 weeks.
and my holiday booking tickets also goes up.

I am happy that it is all done now but still feel that there is unnecessary trap in the process.
I completely understand the feeling of getting service like this when you shell out so much money believe me I do! but going for Premium, same day service, is individual choice and it was not forced or individual was not mandated to go this route. If authorities feel that they need some further investigations then they will take their own time. it is clearly mentioned in the notes for premium application. Now there might be possibility that some other non-relevant reasons delayed the processing other than investigations but there is no evidence to prove so in which case expecting/ believing that you should get refund is harder than getting blood out of stone. You have got the ILR now... enjoy my friend....
Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is.