ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nannu
Newly Registered

HSMP Refusal

Post by nannu » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:37 pm

Hi

I was refused HSMP today. Its disappointing, but, also seems like Homeoffice made a foolish decision. Claimed points for

over 28 yrs:

1. education - dentistry(15)-(Granted)

2. work experience - 35 points - 2 yrs as a dentist and 3 yrs as a product manager in a multinational dental company.(Points refused)

3. past earning - 25 points - I am on working holiday visa for last 2 yrs and out of that 1 1/2 yrs i was a student here. i applied about 3 months back. SInce i was a student here, i am eligible to show my indian earning which was 7500 pounds..(Points refused)

4. special achievement - 15 points(Granted)

My claim for number 2 and 3 were refused. They say that my work as a product manager for 3 yrs is not graduate level job. This leaves me with only 2 yrs exp and that gives me 0 points. I am still not sure why they refused past earning since i still need to get my documents back.

My point is that my role as a product manager needs me to be a dentist since i am involved with giving clinical demonstrations/lectures to dentists which a non dentist is not allowed to do and also this is working at a senior level since i reported to country manager.

I will appeal against this decision.

1. So can someone guide what would my basis be for appeal?

2. I am plannign to go back to india and apply from there sometime later. How soon can i apply from India.

3. I am given 15 points for special achievement this time. if i apply after 6 months with same documents, will i get 15 points again or it depends on case worker?

Many thanks and regards

Naveen sunkada

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP Refusal

Post by olisun » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:52 am

nannu wrote:I am on working holiday visa for last 2 yrs and out of that 1 1/2 yrs i was a student here.
I thought the WHV is issued if you plan to work and take holidays and not study on that visa...

za2301
Newly Registered

HSMP REFUSAL

Post by za2301 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:08 pm

HI nannu,

What documents did you submit as proof for Past earning?

Cheers

Post by 1971 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:36 pm

Hi Nannu,

So sorry about this. Your work experience needs to be adequately explained to this guys. I mean you need to write an appeal letter stating that your degree is equivalent to the U.K. Bachelors degree hence the caseworker scoring you 15 marks in the qualification criteria. Don't be too aggressive in your appeal. Use such words as " Please, I think its an oversight by the caseworker not knowing what a Product Manager of a "Dental equipment " is. You must explain some the courses that you did in school that gives the ability to work as a Dentist and that your ability to manage the products of your company is because you had a Bachelors Degree in Dentistry and list all the courses that you did at Bachelors level that assisted your selling skills and been able to manage these produts for the company. Did the reference letter from your employer show that you are employed at graduate level and that the position requires someone with a Bachelors degreet in dentistry? if so, please, write a well detailed, simple and polite appeal. Don't be rude at all in your appeal. No point giving it to any legal adviser or solicitor to writeon your behalf. I had a similar problem and I appealed from Nigeria and it was approved. My EC is also ready. Will be in the U.K. before end of the year.

For your earnings criteria, did you include you payslips, Bank statements, tax returns and letter from employer stating that you earn this salary.

Please, don't include any document in you appeal letter. You can fax the letter to the HO Fax No on the "Request for Review" form on their website.

I wish you well.

Regards.

nannu
Newly Registered

Post by nannu » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:03 pm

Hi 1971

thank you for ur kind reply.

regarding earning i havent supplied a letter from employer stating my salary. apart from that every thing else i have posted. I believe it would have been very confusing for the case worker since half of the term i was employed in that company and other half of the year i had my own clinic.

i showed earning for both and gave 2 tax forms, bank certificates, salary slip. I did not provide any salary slip for self employment though that forms my major salary ie about 80%. only CA statement from auditor with bank statements.

any advice?

Regards

Nannu