ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone got this message from Border agency before?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Candice
Newly Registered

Anyone got this message from Border agency before?

Post by Candice » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:28 pm

I'm interested to know if anyone received this message from the uk border agency before, after having paid priority service and had a success story. I am so worried I dont know what to think. I just don't know what coudl be going wrong? Please help. the email they sent is below:

Please be advised that further processing is required on your application and we will make a decision on your case at the earliest opportunity. The estimated processing time for your application has been revised and may now be up to 15 working days from today's date.

It is acknowledged that you purchased priority service. Priority service applications are processed ahead of other visa applications. Under normal circumstances, priority service applications are processed within 48 hours (not including weekends or public holidays) from day of receipt at UK Border Agency visa section in USA.

Your application has undergone an initial assessment, however further review is required. As indicated in the terms of service, in exceptional cases processing may take longer than 48 hours and your case has been identified as an exceptional case. Please note that we will continue to handle your case as expeditiously as possible. Please also be aware that the amount paid for the priority service, as well as visa fees, is not refundable in such cases.

You will receive a further e-mail advising you of the outcome of your application in due course. This e-mail will also provide you with details of your return package.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:50 pm

It's quite common with people who have applied under the priority service but have not read in detail the conditions that are demanded for these straightforward applications. If you know that you qualified for a priority service but have been sent it anyway, then that is not a reason to be concerned. They make certain checks for certain reasons and often they are cleared within a few days.

This service does not imply or guarantee in any way that applicants using the priority service will be successful in their visa application. All visa applicants must meet the requirements of the UK immigration rules. The amount paid for the priority service, as well as visa application fee, is not refundable if the visa application is refused, or in exceptional cases, takes longer than 48 hours to process. Applicants should be aware that they may experience extended processing times if any of the following factors apply:

Have previously been refused a visa for the UK, and/or;
Have previously been refused leave to enter the UK, and/or;
Have previously been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK, and/or;
Have overstayed a period of leave in the UK, and/or;
Have been refused leave to remain in the UK by the Home Office, and/or;
Have previously been refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America or the Schengen countries.
Have been convicted of a criminal offence in any country

Candice
Newly Registered

Post by Candice » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:55 pm

Yea, but i DID read the small print and I DONT to my knowledge fall under any of those!? so what could that mean? It has been a couple of days since then and they still have not emailed me anything further. I wish I could just know what the problem is. this is torture. there should be a councilling service set up for the stress these people cause

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:17 am

Candice wrote:Yea, but i DID read the small print and I DONT to my knowledge fall under any of those!? so what could that mean? It has been a couple of days since then and they still have not emailed me anything further. I wish I could just know what the problem is. this is torture. there should be a councilling service set up for the stress these people cause
Join the club!
Many on this forum have been in the same situation.It may be as simple as someone they need to contact is on holiday and as such they cannot process application until the person returns.
You need to chillax